The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

It is my year group's assembly tomorrow morning so I will hear more of his 'adventures' then. One of the big attractions for the pupils will be that he is bringing his racing bikes along. Sadly I don't think he will be bringing the models that also appear on his calendar.

He left school in 2008 and carved out this career for himself. He really is passionate about talking to the local 'yoofs' about motorbike safety and does a lot of good work in the community to do with this.

I know this will be an anathema to some here but I have only ridden as a passenger on a bike once, one of those Kawasaki Z? 1200cc jobbies, and I think it's owner tried to show me what it could do. It scared me witless.

Edit: to correct iPad's attempts at correcting me.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Not that the law stops many of the "artists"

Too true, unfortunately! Some of the new noise barriers which were raised as part of the suburban network upgrades have also been thus "decorated" already.

While I don't agree with a lot of the rubbish too many so-called railfans spout on German railway forums, I sometimes do find myself thinking that ordering graffiti "artists" to remove their work with simple toothbrushes sounds appealing...

• RMweb Premium

Tree not to be put in place till this Saturday!  Wife using tree area fro teaching till Friday and our tribe are not due back home till Saturday at the earliest...

for me - pah numbug(!)

barry O

• Like 1

Good morning all,  I'm  quite enjoying this holiday lark...getting used to relaxing is a novel experience!   Seen some very "American" things today.  

Whatever you're up to today, try to find something to smile at.

Trev. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Been raining most of the night & still is, 5oC, will be drier through the morning then rain again later.

Up at very silly o'clock this morning because the love of my life has volunteered to start work even earlier than normal this week because of the Christmas rush. This means that I "volunteered" to start early as well because I had to drive her there. Lucky me!

Having another cup of tea then I might creep back to bed for a while.

Waiting for some parcels today that contain some presents from me to myself!

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob

Morning lads and lasses.  Couldn't sleep last night so got up at 3.00 and been watching the Ashes slip away.  Funny how you can wake from a deep sleep, then your head fills with stuff that stops you going back to sleep again.  There could be an afternoon snooze later today…;-)

Caught up with the new Hornby stuff yesterday.  Nice to see a J15 in the pipeline.  All I need now is something to run it on...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Caught up with the new Hornby stuff yesterday.  Nice to see a J15 in the pipeline.  All I need now is something to run it on...

I was going to say that it will be a close run thing as to which will actually appear first .......

....... but then again the J15 might only be delayed a couple of years.

Morning All,

It is a rather chilly morning here - the temperature is currently at around -2°C again, but the frost wasn't quite as thick today.

I am only in the office for half a day today.  I have a meeting with Thomas' teacher this afternoon.  He will get his recommendation for secondary school - the German system is slightly different to the UK, but broadly speaking this will be either "Grammar School or Comprehensive" or "Secondary Modern or Comprehensive".

I know this will be an anathema to some here but I have only ridden as a passenger on a bike once, one of those Kawasaki Z? 1200cc jobbies, and I think it's owner tried to show me what it could do. It scared me witless.

Not really an anathema BoD - I love Bikes, but I have never ridden them on the road.  I come from a family of Motorcyclists, but my Mum was also Sister in charge of Casualty for many years.  When I turned 16, I was told that if I waited a year to learn to drive, my parents would pay towards it!  Consequently, I never got my Bike license.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 2

Hello all,

My computer has been acting funny since last Saturday and I thought it was giving up the ghost, so did not even start it up.

However this morning it appears to be behaving normall.

I have skipped all intervening posts (approx 6 pages) to post this whilst it continues to behave.

So if I suddenly cease posting, it's not because I'm dead on incapacitated but my computer is

Having got that off my chest and in case it still goes pear shaped  HAPPY CHRISTMAS to you all.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I believe Debs is away from home for a few days.

I will also be away from home a little later.

More grim duties 2+ hours away.

But not with Debs!

I bet Debs is relieved.

Whatever it is DD, I hope it offers the least 'grimness' that it can.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. A damp start to the day here.

Last night's dinner was made more complicated by the newly cleaned oven door falling in half. 

I believe the oven cleaning man dropped it, knocked out the glass, sheared off the door handle then asked me if it had been like that before he came to my home.

Spent a happy hour last night sourcing a new oven door. 

At least it gives me ammo when swmbo decides to give work and hard-earned dosh to local tradesmen "because they'll do a professional job, and whatever diy you do won't ever be to the same standard!"  :beee:

Limbering up to the last Christmas present purchasing today, leaving me free to fight for a car parking space at S'burys on Saturday in order to buy a Brussels sprout, 3 carrots, a partridge, a pear tree....

Have a nice day everyone. Andy

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Dry at the moment but sogginess resumes later if the forecast is correct.

Nothing too exciting planned for today, just lots of little errands. I did read the Hornby thread yesterday! I thought I should now that I'm trying to model a British railway.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

frosty morning in Leeds.. off to eye "doctor" this morning , then off to buy a tree ( it will chillout in the garage till Saturday) then some more modelling.

Don't get too excited about Christmas just yet...

Barry O

• Like 1

re Mick B's post above to DD. I nearly clicked 'funny' but thought that might be misunderstood

Nevertheless, with heartfelt sympathy for DDs ongoing heartaches and troubles, I do consider Mick's sentiment that they make his (Mick's) troubles seem 'lucky' I do think is worthy of a chuckle! :mail: