The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

And of course there is real Consultant Speak...

We have developed ouCompany Strategy making use of our Gap Analysis while reviewing Best Practice  and keeping an eye on the Bottom Line so that Going Forward we can Touch Base with our Game Plan making sure that no one in the business is out of the Loop and aware of The Big Picture and how they can  be seen to be Adding Value by the Movers & Shakers in the business by being more Customer Focussed and by continuing to Benchmark our progress within our Business Case and by staying Cool  and being Proactive, not Reactive while allowing us to Think outside the box and to continue up our Learning Curve so that we can Streamline our operations to get away from a Me, Me, Me approach which can only provide Quick & Dirty solutions  which do not make best use of our Feedback from others held within our Knowledge Management system which breaks aways from our current approach to data of "A need to know basis"  because, at the end of the day our Balanced scorecard will reveal that we are improving Quality  of delivery without resourcing to the current " My little hero" approach which will require some Process mapping  employing the odd Change Agent so by this time next year we will have put this one to bed as we know this just isn't Rocket Science and we are already playing in the right Ball Park   using this Business Strategy  and the  Knock on effect  will be we will employ less of you and I will be richer by £1000 per day.....

Spooky, I was at that team meeting!

Morning all,  afew photos from todays jaunts, Leaving Atlanta Airport, approaching Daytona beach and tonights sunset. Though I missed taking  the "formation Pelican display team" who fly past at eye level ---I'm on the 11th Floor! 

Enjuoy your Saturday folks, 

stay marm,

Trev. 

post-4282-0-63577400-1386981860.jpg

post-4282-0-00033600-1386981945.jpg

post-4282-0-17299700-1386981976.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Dark, dry, not very warm here. It may be sunny later.

My task today is to put the decorations on the Christmas tree. I get the job due to my height not artistic sensibility.

Aditi will be disappearing for 3 hours or so this afternoon for a haircut,

No pelicans flying about here but I did really enjoy seeing them earlier this year on my trip to Texas.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry & 4oC, should be fairly bright with some sunshine until midday then clouding over with rain to follow later.

Today I'm hoping that the parcels that have been & gone will come back!

Tonight the females of the family are having some sort of coven gathering at one of my sisters in law's houses. I'm duty driver for my sins so no beer tonight but at least I'll have a few hours of peace & tranquility. This will of course be shattered completely when I collect my passengers.  :help:   :danced:  :yahoo:  :dancer:  :girldevil:  :laugh:

Have a good one,

Bob.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. So glad it's weekend, so while I do need to take care of some items, I hope I can recover a bit so as to make it through the last week before the holidays.

Been testing the waters in a 5th class yesterday and clearly, they demonstrated to be capable of a lot more than what I had prepared – so next time, I'll see to raising the stakes. At the same time, this class is really too cute, so I guess I should keep that in mind as well in order to not deflate them.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, taking youngest to leicester uni today for a short visit an hours drive each way.A beautiful red sunrise obscured by neighbours leylandi it looks chilly out there. I am hoping to find a parking space before the Christmas shopping frenzy begins. otherwise it is park and walk.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

And of course there is real Consultant Speak...

We have developed our Company Strategy making use of our Gap Analysis while reviewing Best Practice and keeping an eye on..............................................

I think I will start my next meeting with that, adding .....

...... That scr**ed your bingo game didn't it?

• Like 2

Hi all,

It's another cooler day thank goodness. A max of 23C forecast.

Pleasant shopping weather! Ha ha.

I hope your weekend is pleasant and enjoyable!

Much modelling!

Hi all,

It's another cooler day thank goodness. A max of 23C forecast.

Pleasant shopping weather! Ha ha.

I hope your weekend is pleasant and enjoyable!

Much modelling!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Blue sky here with high cloud. 

Apparently just 10 days and 15 hours to go until the Easter displays kick in at the shops.  :jester: 

iD, get the shot gun out, the Easter bunny is limbering up!  :triniti:

Having fun (albeit mixed with frustration) planning the garage layout project. Starting to realise even in N gauge space is tighter than at first thought once I've removed some of my bete noirs! Fiddle yards hidden under or behind layouts being at the top of the list!  

Have a nice day everyone. Andy

• RMweb Premium

I think I will start my next meeting with that, adding .....

...... That scr**ed your bingo game didn't it?

As a one man band I called a meeting with myself the other day....

After much deliberation I concluded that a proactive approach with our target customer was vastly overrated. Come to think of it, so was a reactive one. 

Addressing the meeting I suggested we go for the low-hanging fruit, then realised this might be against my company's policy on bullying and equality.

In conclusion I gave a profit warning to myself and adjourned for an office party with myself. Having put a sprig of holly on the office Christmas mince pie, I exchanged pleasantries with myself, taking especial care to ask after my family. :jester:   

• Like 2

I suppose I am sometimes a 'Consultant' of sorts.

My specialty is pointing out the obvious and telling folk how to properly do the job for which they are being paid.

Some amazing 'custom and practice' blindness regularly encountered.

Last week I saved a Hotel Chain 20% on a printing bill by pointing out that sending leaflets in English and Welsh to (eg) Birmingham might not be necessary.

Leaving lights on in a large Office Building for Cleaners from 6pm until 6.30am when the cleaners arrive is too considerate.

My meetings are a hoot!

Sometimes I ask participants to bring written explanations of what they did the day before for the benefit of their company.

These works of fiction are met with the enquiry, "Had you thought this through?".

I am generally hated by those attending. Quite right too - I would hate it myself.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I'm reaching out to you all today to see if I can assist you in anyway. Company speak for "Don't bother me"

A lovely sunny morning down here, we are going for a walk to the village soon, involving a look around the Christmas Fair, full of interesting characters no doubt. Later we are off to Diss for some shopping - what a fun day I'm going to have ! 

Have a good day all.

Meetings.

Many years ago someone at the OU someone came up with a formula for the length of a meeting. 

Length of meeting = number of people attending x 5 minutes + 30 minutes

Reasonable, until it was pointed out that:

• If you had a meeting with yourself it would take 35 minutes. 
  • If there was no-one at the meeting it still took half an hour.

And then there's the old definition of a meeting - A meeting takes minutes and wastes hours.

• Like 3