The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Communication from the DWP yesterday Mrs B you are fit for work so we have moved you to the workers group and you will be entitled to £10 Christmas bonus. Mrs B would love to be able to work, I would love her to be able to work an extra £20,000 a year would buy a lot of big boys toys as well as holidays... Have they got a miracle cure..... no it is just another round of stupidity. Harass the ill and see if they collapse and become a burden on the NHS instead.  

Sorry to hear that. Fight them, ask them to look again at the decision. If they still then deny the claim, then go to tribunal, though i think Legal Aid for them has been withdrawn sadly.

Good luck, don't give up, DWP just rubber stamp anything ATOS tell them and the ATOS staff/decision advisors/doctos get paid per cperson they find fit for work regardless of DWP or tribunal outcome. DWP in turn hope people will give up and not continue to fight, which a lot do due to the time and stress involved.

• RMweb Gold

Where did you see this, Dave? By all indications he is still alive....

Best, Pete.

My mistake, I misread - that was the year he was last active, for some reason the site had a years active entry where it normally has life span - sorry Peters !

Debs - You have a beam hoist in your shop?

That`s "Jane the Crane"......

......as you may see; there`s absolutely nothing worth watching on Millvision this evening.......except more repeats! :laugh:

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Pete! :good:

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

I am SO JEALOUS of Debs facilities....can I say that???.....her workshop perhaps!  I haven't used machine tools since getting made redundant from the Merch in 1984, looking at the work in the Hunslet beast hornblocks and stretchers whets my appetite to re-enter the word of model engineering.  Lovely work Debs.

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifHunslet underpinnings (Large).JPG

Although it`s only a small model, I have to use machines sized in proportion to my height! :smile_mini2:

attachicon.gifRun of the mill (Large).JPG

Oh how embarrassing, perhaps it`s time to purchase some new coveralls! :blush_mini:

Maybe time to get some real machines too .   :sungum:

• Like 3

'morning all, for some reason starting to feel my age...(I know I'm nowt but a lad) ....and still waterless!

any way TGIF, day working at home tomorrow then have a fairly heavy day on site on Sunday..a long and complicated story involving a major international switchgear manufacture...nuff said.

Try and find something to enjoy today,

Trev.

Morning All,

It is a somewhat milder morning here today - However, I am feeling a bit on the tired side today, so I think it is a good thing that it's Friday.

Wow!  What a fantastic setup Debs has.  Not only having the equipment, but knowing how to use it.

Here's a small shot of my workshop - nothing so grand, but electronics tends to be smaller.

Workbench.JPG

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry & 8oC - a cloudy morning is forecast with possibly some sunshine this afternoon.

My recipe for a perfect Christmas turkey is to keep out of Chris's way & the kitchen unless specifically asked to do something. It's worked for 43 years!

Hectic weekend coming up with a couple of celebrations so today I'm tasked with putting up Christmas lights ready for our usual "switch on" on the 1st.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Overcast again here.

Heading down the M4 and up he M5 later to contribute to the Friday commuting traffic.

Expecting intermittent internet connection at the in laws, so may not be able to touch base much until we get back after the weekend.

Have a nice day/weekend everybody.

Andy

• RMweb Gold

Morning, Grey, wet and windy how marvelous....not!

But then my other half says it is Black Friday ! another import from the USA.

2 of the three parcels expected today have arrived, Sod's law says the other will turn up this afternoon.

Enjoy the day

Alan

• RMweb Gold

I know how he feels.

Seriously, I hope it is just a general malaise there's nothing wrong with him.

Nothing wrong, occasionally he just seems to like a lie in on dark mornings. The slightest  movement of  anything biscuit containing will ensure a rapid canine response. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning, a sunny but very windy day on our little rock, but a measly 8c currently.

It should be a quieter day today, the Inspector will be delivering my report to the Board, I'm not required this time, thankfully.  Rain forecast though, to ruin my lunchtime walk no doubt!