The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

When I was at school my physics teacher's catch phrase was "stop wittering and get on with some work" (delivered in a nice West Midlands accent) so perhaps a wittering of ERs would be a suitable collective noun. :mosking:

• Like 8

Not posted on here for a few days due to NEC/Warley happening. Managed to afford it (just) in the end.

Had a great day Saturday at Comic Con, with some fantastic items on offer and some equally fantastic costumes on show. I'll put my photos of those up on flickr at some point when I've had chance to look at them.

Sunday was there all day for the Warley show. Enjoyed it, despite the struggles with batteries dying on my scooter (and consequent needing to put it to charge a few times! thank heavens I had my eReader with me!) and dealing with the crowds and getting near layouts being lower down made it much harder. Next year I'll fit dalek bumps I think and airhorns ;)

Today has mostly been a case of resting and catching up on telly I missed.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all!

Was quite delighted by the class visit by a journalist today whom I was able to invite over the weekend. I felt like the pupils liked a lot what she had to tell about her work, too.

Dom, what scale are those loco's please? They look enormous in the photo's

Ed

These are all HO scale. I can imagine they're looking a lot larger in those photos indeed!

• Like 1

For those tricky times

A cuddle of ERs

That's what comes of living in the UK..............Us Expats miss out on all the best deals.

Hang on a minute, maybe not.........................at least I can't catch anything...

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon, was on the forum this morning about to post and the internet died, managed to get through to BT in the end and normal service now restored.

Some funny responses for a group of ERs, quite like A cuddle of ERs as for the doomed Ian as often said in Dads Army we are all doomed!

When I was at school my physics teacher's catch phrase was "stop wittering and get on with some work" (delivered in a nice West Midlands accent) so perhaps a wittering of ERs would be a suitable collective noun. :mosking:

At the risk of offending someone on here, isn't that a contradiction in terms? Having lived in Staffs for 37 years in an area that bordered the Black Country, there were quite a few people with whom I worked or played who had this accent. Nostalgically, I like hearing it occasionally around these parts but it's hardly music to my ears. Apologies to those who may be offended.

• RMweb Gold

Next year I'll fit dalek bumps I think and airhorns ;)

Yes please Kelly, but remember the nifty little gun the Daleks have as well

'You are unwashed and carrying a rucksack: Exterminate! Exterminate!'

If only..............

Regards

Richard

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

At the risk of offending someone on here, isn't that a contradiction in terms? Having lived in Staffs for 37 years in an area that bordered the Black Country, there were quite a few people with whom I worked or played who had this accent. Nostalgically, I like hearing it occasionally around these parts but it's hardly music to my ears. Apologies to those who may be offended.

Shakespeare probably had a Midlands accent!

• RMweb Gold

It just occurred to me that I do not envy the poor people of Dorking one bit!

Do they allow poor people in Dorking? I saw a graffito on a train that added "except in Dorking" to the notice asking one not to flush the lavatory when the train was in a station.

• RMweb Gold

One of the lab technicians at the first school I worked in had a Wartburg. It comforted me to think that Soviet Invasion of the west was unlikely if it was a typical example of manufacture from the "other side".

• RMweb Premium

One of the lab technicians at the first school I worked in had a Wartburg. It comforted me to think that Soviet Invasion of the west was unlikely if it was a typical example of manufacture from the "other side".

I figure you may well have thought differently if he'd had an Ural. You would, at least, have something like built-in right-of-way with one of those!

• RMweb Gold

Well I have successfully installed an SSD and HDD in the main computer without blowing either it or me up.

Re-installed windows and three years worth of updates have downloaded. I just need to reinstall software and stuff from my backups. This could take a long time. As soon as it's all done I might just look at investing in some sort of ghost imaging software.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

A dull misty morning down here at the moment.

I decided to order myself a simple bird feeder to setup outside the window, so I've duly ordered something, hopefully, in exchange for food, the birds will let me photograph them.

Have a good day all.

where do you expect the clever birds to eat?

At school, sweets used to persuade the birds to let the boys photograph them.

Sadly I wonder whether a calamity of ERs is the best fit.

How about a marshalling of RM Webbers?

• Like 5

Good hump day to you all.

A little cloud about with a forecast max of 22C cooled by a blustery SSE wind at 33kph.

Today's menu was not put up last night, and Wednesday being "Chef's choice" day

I look forward to a surprise lunch! (We should know by breakfast time)

Nothing else to report.