The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Oh joy, Christmas has arrived! :rolleyes: ...............The local festive-fanatic has just installed his inflatable, 20ft. tall Homer Simpson Santa; whose huge (climbing) presence now appears to be surprising the chap`s property from behind! :laugh:

Edited by Debs.

Those who've taken such a keen interest in Alice's welfare will be glad to know that she is on the road to recovery:-

post-10142-0-14131200-1384702799_thumb.jpg

The consultant hopes that they can go home on Tuesday. Great news!

Edited by Ashcombe
  • Like 15

Lovely pic of Alice..:-)

I know some will argue it's not sport, but just watched the greatest game of darts ever.  32 x 180's in 25 legs and both players averaged 109 and 111 for the match.  Absolutely amazing and played in tremendous spirit…Staggering stuff.

I'd better get on with some woodwork now…or shall I have another beer?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Debs,

I can sympathise with you.

I was always under the impression that it was the 12 days of Christmas not 12 weeks (well it seems like that sometimes.)

If it all comes too much to bear, the Tutu family, Webley, BSA, Brocock or Weihrauch, live with me and could assist providing their uncle Desmond does not hear of the totally illegal plot!

Regards

Richard

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Lovely news from Crewe -  and Princess Alice does look a picture. Relief all round, no doubt, but clearly the hospital knew what they were dealing with, and she didn't recover by magic.

Perishing cold day here, and set to have a bit of snow by mid-week. Nice - not! No risk of any obscene Xmas decorations within a mile of here, fortunately.

• Like 2

Spent most of today asleep due to the effects of the exhaust falling off the car yesterday leaving me stuck and needing the RAC (The back box fell off, but still was hung by the rear hanger, so was fouling on the road). 2 hour wait in the cold wasn't much fun, on top of a cold coming on. Hoping the dealer where I bought it recently play ball and sort the exhaust out... if they don't I can't afford to sort it, and may have to consider skipping memorabillia/ComicCon/Warley next weekend :(

Evenin all,

Hope most have had a good (if cold) day. Spoke to my Mum in chilly Hertfordshire so got a bit of an idea of what you could be suffering!

Couple of photos that you may enjoy, the flowers are around 10 foot from my kitchen balcony.

Off too find some food now,

Till the morning

Trev

post-4282-0-51181100-1384710924.jpg

post-4282-0-12133600-1384710956.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Evening. 

Spent all day in pouring rain at Groudle building carriage shed extention - once we took the old wall down we had to keep going, fitting the new roof and sides to the lean-to, as otherwise our rolling stock would have been open to the elements and interference. To say I was wet was an understatement, wet right down to the shreddies.....too much information!  Toasting in front of the log burner now, yum.

Lovely shot of Alice in her recovery, Ashers.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Good news about Alice.

I do get somewhat amused with the Christmas lights that some people have still it is their electric bill!

Last time I posted on here there was an apology but it and my reply have both gone. I feel like there is a ghost on the thread that others can't see. Next people will be saying to me 'There there dear I'm sure you did see something' while making twirling motions with their finger to their head.

Walked the old Mineral line from Watchet this afternoon very dull and gey and misling by the time we got back. Must do it again when there are trains on the WSR which runs alongside.

Don

• RMweb Gold

Evening all,

Blimey - I go out for the day & there's pages of stuff to catch up on.

Great news Sherry - Alice is BEAUTIFUL!

Ironing - I tried it once and was laughed at because I walked around the ironing board approaching the article from all directions! The good news is that Chris actually loves doing it! I'll never understand her. :no2:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Evening all (that would make a great start to a TV program)

Talking of darts - I used to throw a mean dart myself back in the day, winning quite a lot of trophies and being head hunted to play for other teams, once I got to the last 8 of the Whitbread North West finals, another couple of wins and I would have been on TV and who knows where I would have ended up.

Tomorrow is the first day of working at home, I plugged the phone in today - it works off the broadband - and there was a message, unfortunately I wasn't provided with the access PIN , perhaps that's what the message is about ... 

I'm hoping there is an email giving details of the phone and network connections, but I'm not wasting my time over the weekend - providing such information is basic, I can't wait until tomorrow morning - no way of getting phone messages, no connectivity to any of the systems and no knowledge of how things are supposed to work, unbelievable.

Jill is forcing me to watch Jaws 3 - it's dire but at least it takes my mind of things.

Happy day, seeing Alice up and bright! A lovely start to my week and day.

Clear blue sky but strong wind.

Traffic report on as I type reporting mountain passes closed due to rock falls caused by the heavy rain of the last two days.

I hope everyone's week is happy and fruitful! :sungum:

• Like 2

Good morning all, bit of an ironing disaster here on Saturday evening.... theres a terrific crash from the kitchen followed by lots of loud muttering.... the housemaid had managed to break the ironing board! Well she hadnt really the weld that held the legs together had failed....but she was worried that we were going to blame her. Fortunately we had a brand new board at the back of the cup board. I told her to chuck the broken one, which I then had to stop her throwing it off the back balcony! Such is life?

Well let us hope that Alice does get home this week, and that other ER members that are under the weather make a speedy recovery,

Remember to smile today...

Trev.

• Like 3

Morning All,

It is rather a gloomy morning here in this part of the world.  It is just getting light, but the world looks a very odd shade of grey!

Fantastic news that little Alice is on the mend.

I must admit that I have never had an ironing board fail, but I have had a similar thing happen on washing stands.  I am not sure what they are made of, it looks like metal, but seems to have the strength of cheese.  I used to have a cleaning lady - she didn't do the ironing, but had the ability to go through hoovers at an alarming rate.  I've no idea what she did with them, but several got replaced under guarantee!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, looks dark outside never a good start to the day. It is still relatively mild the colder weather will no doubt turn up later.Tea and toast will produce a more optomistic view of the day and it is good to see little Alice looking better.

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all, bit of an ironing disaster here on Saturday evening.... theres a terrific crash from the kitchen followed by lots of loud muttering.... the housemaid had managed to break the ironing board! Well she hadnt really the weld that held the legs together had failed....but she was worried that we were going to blame her. Fortunately we had a brand new board at the back of the cup board. I told her to chuck the broken one, which I then had to stop her throwing it off the back balcony! Such is life?

Remember to smile today...

Trev.

Question  is her cold any better?

Morning, grey and wet, off shopping today in Manchester sadly!

Enjoy the day