The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning All,

What did happen overnight?  I tend to lead a very sheltered life, as I rarely get outside of ERs.  Most of the time, when there is "trouble at t'mill" I miss it completely!

The weather is somewhat grey, foggy and rather cold this morning.  The central heating will probably be put back into Winter mode soon.

I am also in the process of changing gas and electricity providers.  My Electricity price (along with everyone elses) will increase by around 20% next year in order to fund Germany's move away from Nuclear towards renewables.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, sunny (if a tad breezy and cold) morning up here in Leeds.

Bit of painting to do - gasman returning to fix leak (again), technician arriving to fix grill in top oven, and a Period I LMS coach to complete as a CLC coach....

Lets have a positive day folks...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning All,

What did happen overnight?  I tend to lead a very sheltered life, as I rarely get outside of ERs.  Most of the time, when there is "trouble at t'mill" I miss it completely!

an internet troll registered and put some pretty weird stuff up in various threads, somewhat racist and incoherant!

then a member saw his bum over something or other and threw his toys out of the pram in a major way, reported RMWeb to a radio station accusing the site of encouraging dishonesty and cheating in a competition and wrote to warners et al voicing his displeasure saying he does not want his layout associated with anything linked to brm/warners (ie publications, exhibitions etc) shame as the standard of work is superb.

still the end of the day we are all only playing with toys

• RMweb Gold

Morning, Windy, cold and dry at the moment, missed all the milarky that went on overnight.

Just don't get the behavior of these trolls, after all they are "human beings" supposedly!

Off for a pub lunch today, note weather forecast for next week will bring winter to us all, again  supposedly!

Have a good day all

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, wet underfoot but not raining a few rays of sunshine around too. I was a bit ambivalent about DJM's post but thought what the hell other people will probably canvassing Lierpool FC supporters club some other club is available...  but the way it ended didn't cover rmweb in glory either.  If I could model like that I would be so smug my head wouldn't fit through doorways.

Eh? What did I miss? I was up untill 1:00am UK time (on here I mean).

Yesterday was the coldest November 13th in New York since records began.............the high temperature barely reached 39f, wind chills at zero C.

Roll on Global Warming...please.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Premium

You an me both, Robert. You and me both. I believe that of all the punishments you can inflict on attention-seeking trolls, the worst is to be blissfully unaware of their presence and give them no oxygen (of publicity). 

Well, I have ventured outside of ERs and appraised myself of the situation.

I am not going to say any more on the matter because I only know what I have read, and not the background. 

It is rather a shame to be honest...

• RMweb Premium

Anyway, morning all from sunny Hampshire where the weather is cold. The next few days look to be dry so making the most of being in the garden.

I'm sure many of you are on tenterhooks regarding my new saw; it worked a dream cutting through the the 6" oak beam I'm installing at the bottom of my garden. 

I might just add that my arms ache like bu££ery this morning though. 

Already had one enquiry to go and landscape a neighbour's garden. I'm somewhat tempted to start a 2nd career (I know "start a career" and "ER" don't normally go together)  :)

Got a polybag of bark turning up tomorrow along with more gravel boards, although the builder's merchant manager did offer to delay it for a few days if wanted the weekend off from gardening. Good chap! 

So, have a nice day everyone and remember - the Billy Goat did for the troll eventually! 

Best, Andy

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well, I have ventured outside of ERs and appraised myself of the situation.

I am not going to say any more on the matter because I only know what I have read, and not the background. 

It is rather a shame to be honest...

I think it's a credit to the site that these and other similar incidents are so infrequent that when they do occur they 'make the headlines' as it were.

• RMweb Premium

:shout: For some unknown reason; Revd. Paisley just sprang to mind! :mosking:

I just typed a long and somewhat amusing response to this that I was ever so pleased with, especially after yesterday's post about moderation in all things, but on the grounds of religious discussion I'd get a slap on the wrist from Moderators, so it's buried now.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Know nothing about trolls, but was privy to the toys and pram incident. A great shame because the guy has enormous talent and could have taught us all, I think. His background is in military modelling and wargaming, so has some fresh techniques. I do detect a tiny % of members whose quest for perfection in what they do can lead to a need to get out more. He isn't the first in recent months.....

Agree with DD that a video of Debs doing her Miss Piggy flounce could easily go viral on YouTube.

Typical Autumn day, with clear skies, then cloud and showers. Skoda has MOT today, so fingers crossed.

Hope your day pleases.

• Like 6