The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

So sorry to hear of your bereavement Richard.

A sad hippo for a time but I'm sure that, before too long, you will be able to remember him fondly and with happiness.

Arriving late in the day to add my condolences for Richard, having gone through the loss of both parents and parents in law at various times between 1989 and 2009. The kindly support of ER folk will prove helpful, I'm sure and I hope the good memories you have of the deceased will eventually shine through your sadness.

• RMweb Gold

Just dull outside this morning, heavy rain of last night has disappeared and paths are dry. Leaves are really starting to drop now. It is a Farmers' Market in a community near here and I will venture out to see what bounty can be put in our store cupboard.

As for global warming, DonB, I think it is more a shift in seasons for some reason. Our spring was later again this year due to a shift in the northern jet stream which may be mirrored in the southern one but it seems Australia has had warmth a bit earlier. Not being a seaweed reader, I can only proffer a guess that the undulations in the jet stream are perhaps of greater amplitude? Man's ways will have had an influence but please, let's not say that it is all down to ###### Sapiens or that closing all the UK's coal (and gas) fired power stations will solve the problem whilst Germany opens more Lignite and coal fueled stations and China is still commissioning a coal station every week with India not far behind that.

The censor has decide that h0m0 sapiens shouldn't be allowed!

Obviously the censor is worried about global warming or perhaps thinks h0minids are not that sapiens.

Don

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Richard we lost both FiL and MiL in January. The support on here was wonderful and having space just to say things is a great help. You think it will be easy when it is expected but it is still a shock.

Don

Saddened to read about your father this evening Richard.  It's always a shock no matter how much you think you are prepared for it…:-(

Thanks for all your best wishes and thoughts.  I'm making good progress and even managed 18 holes today in the warm sunshine.  Tomorrow and Saturday will be spent on ET, so a far more leisurely pace will be the plan for the next week or two.

With OP visits next week, I'm hoping they may be able to throw some light on what caused the problem in the first place.  Perhaps I'll never know...

• RMweb Gold

Saddened to read about your father this evening Richard.  It's always a shock no matter how much you think you are prepared for it…:-(

Thanks for all your best wishes and thoughts.  I'm making good progress and even managed 18 holes today in the warm sunshine.  Tomorrow and Saturday will be spent on ET, so a far more leisurely pace will be the plan for the next week or two.

With OP visits next week, I'm hoping they may be able to throw some light on what caused the problem in the first place.  Perhaps I'll never know...

Best of luck with the further explanations Gordon but sometimes they just don't know.  They did the full range of tests on me after my blood clot had been sorted (16 different tests I think they said it was - they helped themselves to enough blood for that many anyway) and were as wise after running them as they were before they started; seems I was just like an entry in a BR Loco Repair Book 'Tested on depot No Fault Found').

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 4

Good Early Morning Early Risers!

I have the honour to break the ice in the bedside glass of water this morning!

Only kidding. It's actually quite warm at 14C as I write with no wind and an expected 21C for later today.

My condolences too Richard.  My thoughts are with you.

Too early for me! I awoke at 0320 after four hours sleep and can't go back to sleep, which is frustrating. I think the problem is I'm busy each day (some might say too busy) at the moment and my mind is buzzing as soon as I wake.

One of my mates here, aged, 90 has a similar problem, but then when he goes back to bed (on, not in) after breakfast he goes back to sleep immediately. I appreciate that you can't do that so I can only offer sympathy but no solution.

I have a nap for just one hour after lunch which refreshes me for the afternoon/evening/night.

I hope you enjoy your hectic days.

Morning all, TFIF!   seem to be having pretty hectic days too....though most nights I do sleep most of the way through. 

Richard,  I cant add any more to whats been said mate,  but please remember you're not on your own with the ER crowd. .

No sunset from last night, but  the cloud formation was pretty good on the east side of the house & it wasnt till later I found a  face in the cloud!  .

What ever you're up today,  try and remember to smile. 

Trev

Seems photo upload has stalled so I'll try later. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Nice dry fresh start to the day, 6oC with some sunny spells & showers expected this morning & then the rain becoming more persistent later.

Today there are a couple of small domestic tasks to be attended to then I'll try to do something railway related - possibly start tracklaying on the new board  which I keep putting off.

Tomorrow there's the Tolworth show to look forward to together with England v Argentina (I'll probably only get to see the highlights) This will be followed by a visit in the evening to one of Chris's workmates whose husband I've only met once before but he must be a top bloke because apparently he has a shed containing a model railway! :locomotive:

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 3

You think you had the wind last week (ouch)?

US Navy Typhoon Center predicting sustained winds of 195mph with gusts to 235mph in central Philippines at landfall of the storm. Traditionally they always predict higher speeds due their short sampling period  and the heights that they sample from.

Hope your day goes better than those in that area.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Not chilly here and it may just reach 10C later. 

I've got a couple of tyres on order for my car and they will be fitted today. I've also got 4 winter tyres for Aditi's Fiesta on order but they will have to wait to the weekend. When we had winter tyres for the Clio a couple of years ago it was difficult to get the size for what was a fairly common car. Now winter tyres seem to be available in every size. However the man at the tyre fitters said a month ago there was plenty of choice, now there was only a budget brand or Continental.

Otherwise not doing too much today.

Tony