The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

G'day ERs

Decided to have a lie in today, as I'm on the late turn at work - bright but chilly start this morning, and went down to find the dog had piddled all over the place - she's on steroids for an inflamed ear, and they make her drink a lot, and what goes in has to come out.

Shoulder is playing me up, so a trip to the Dr is called for to see what more pills I can shove down my neck, but I want to be fit for my longish drive next week, as a trip to Sussex is booked and paid for in advance.

I'll try to get back later

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

'Ello Gents,

It's a very nice day weather wise today here, a bit windy but sunny nonetheless.

Spent this morning working on the 009 diesel ( see here ) and I'm amazed at how it has turned out. Still loads to do though.

Looks like I'll be spending this afternoon on my product design cabinet and associated coursework! At least it is an opportunity to go outside and enjoy the sun. I ordered two swivelling hinges for the glass door, but they sent me two same handed ones. No time to change that though! Not long till I'm back to college.

• RMweb Gold

G'day ERs

Shoulder is playing me up, so a trip to the Dr is called for to see what more pills I can shove down my neck...

I'll try to get back later

Stewart

Perhaps the doctor will give you the same steroids as the dog?

Tony

Be ready with those Russian cameras at sunset and sunrise the next few days lads.

Every possibility of dramatic colours.

If you don't have one, a Japanese type will probably do the job.

I'm guessing you just saw the weather forecast on News 24 too...

I'm debating (if the boiler bloke's gone early enough for me to do it) going up Arthur's Seat with the camera to get some photos of the sunset.

• RMweb Gold

I've just had a look at the preset options available on my (made in Japan) camera. There are settings for fireworks, night scenes and night snapshots but not sunsets. I failed miserably with the last sunset photo I tried, sunset over New York through trees on the Vermont shoreline of Lake Champlain. I gave up and went for dinner.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

You must have a very good long lens, Tony.

No just the 6xzoom as fitted to the camera. Very fit people used to canoe over the lake to New York before breakfast from where we were staying. We went on a boat trip one afternoon after lunch.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Well,

Diagnosed as an inflamed tendon now, and we ran through all the options, which were the usual suspect non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs, none of which agree with me. I asked about steroids, and she was not happy with that suggestion as they play merry h**l with diabetes management. The only option is apparently to make sure the physio is aware of the situation, and to carry on with the current pain killers.

The dog has never prescribed me any steroids, regrettable, and perhaps I should paws and think about sharing hers for a day or two - cue the doggy puns - after all this is ERs.

• RMweb Gold

Well,

Diagnosed as an inflamed tendon now, and we ran through all the options, which were the usual suspect non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs, none of which agree with me. I asked about steroids, and she was not happy with that suggestion as they play merry h**l with diabetes management. The only option is apparently to make sure the physio is aware of the situation, and to carry on with the current pain killers.

The dog has never prescribed me any steroids, regrettable, and perhaps I should paws and think about sharing hers for a day or two - cue the doggy puns - after all this is ERs.

How do you get the dog to take her tablets? Robbie was very happy to swallow antibiotics (he had an infected paw) but the only way I can get him to swallow the worming tablet is to crush it and roll it into some cheese.

I consider myself very lucky that paracetamol works really well for pain relief for me. I was once prescribed large doses of codeine not for its analgesic effects but for what would normally be a side effect. I'm sure I wouldn't have felt anything during that time!

Can't think of any dog puns but I know you can't get painkillers in the jungle as parrots eat 'em all.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Just back from a jaunt down the Settle & Carlisle line. Glad to report it's still there. There was a fair amount of dust around, but I think that was just the gypsum works.

Gordon: good to see the heron deterrent string is still working.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all.

I thought you mike like to see my display cabinet as it stands currently. Finished with dovetail joints for the frame and a stopped housing joint for the one shelf in there so far. Still got loads to do - glass door, drop down flap at the bottom and it needs to be sanded and varnished/lacquered.

post-6776-127135802927_thumb.jpg

What do you reckon? It's for my AS level so any comments, criticisms, suggestions would be most welcome!

Cheers,

Jam

Edit: Forgot to mention there will be two more shelves, plus recesses in the sides so you can adjust it to a set height with removable shelf pins.

• RMweb Gold

Looks good to me Jam, hope it turns out ok. My new toy arrived today - even more excuse not to do any modelling!

post-6683-127135872149_thumb.jpg

My first Strat, a Mex Fat Strat deluxe bought on Ebay, my favourite shop. The guitar is virtually new and has a fabulous tone to it, so I'm very pleased especially as it was an absolute steal.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Looks good to me Jam, hope it turns out ok. My new toy arrived today - even more excuse not to do any modelling!

My first Strat, a Mex Fat Strat deluxe bought on Ebay, my favourite shop. The guitar is virtually new and has a fabulous tone to it, so I'm very pleased especially as it was an absolute steal.

Having seen the drumming Utube link you posted I had visions of your new toy being a drum kit!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

At last I've found some wiring that looks more of a mess than that under my layouts.

Thanks Phil biggrin.gif

:blush: Thanks for the reminder BoD - I really must sort that out - the thing is that's not the whole story. You see there's pedals and um another guitar and amp as well, and it all sort of meets in the middle.....

post-6683-127136215315_thumb.jpg