The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Damp and dreary here this morn. Hope Tony succeeds in giving Aditi a nice birthday.

There was a lack of pyrotechnics around here I believe last night (had to deliver some software to a customer so I missed the peak time)so few wooden girders! I am not overly worried as I have a long way to go before such items would be incorporated and I have plenty of stock for signals presently. As a kid, we seemed to have fireworks with two or thre other families and now large organised events (probably safer and offering more extensive pieces) dominate, hence fewer smaller rockets and less widely spread.

• RMweb Premium

Bit overcast here but lots achieved already today as her indoors went for a swim (6:00 am)  before starting teaching her music theory  lessons at 07:30.. so

cleaned bathrooms and toilets, polished and  dusted downstairs rooms, 2 loads of washing done (but too cold and damp to hang out yet) and chilli con carne prepared and in slow cooker.

About to do some loco and wagon weathering before going into Leeds City by bus with the Herbert doing  his  Christmas shopping.

Will be back later.. in the mean time have a great day everyone and keep out of trouble ..

• Like 2

Did he have a party?

He is having one on Friday, after school.  We are going bowling

Robert, ten does seem a little young to be letting Thomas have the car keys.

You are quite right Ed.  He is only just over half way to that landmark!  (Thank goodness)

• Like 1

He is having one on Friday, after school.  We are going bowling

A duty that Dads have to perform, at least boys are less likely to be hyper-excited as 10 yo girls were as I remember. Hope he has a great day today and on Friday.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

"a quite nice 9oC." says Bob. The man is either barmy. bonkers or Scots

To me that bl00dy freezing and as cold as it ever gets in daytime, ever

Two jerseys (thick) and a warm windbreaker or overcoat are called for.

Don  in the North east this temperature is "balmy" - the lasses only wear low cut tops, short skirts and strappy sandals whatever the weather... even snow and freezing rain...  now they are probably barmy but I wouldn't argue with them

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

the lasses only wear low cut tops, short skirts and strappy sandals whatever the weather... even snow and freezing rain

Ooh I do like girls with attitude!

Mick, if I lost 28lbs I'd be back to my weight at 25, 9st 4lbs!

Morning has promise, but some cloud about, too.

Got the Skoda back yesterday, cheaper than expected, and he thinks it'll pass an MOT, due next week.

Cleaner Alison here today, full of spicy tales of domestic strife, no doubt.

Hope your day goes well.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

...  there were a few very loud bangs on Sunday night.......followed by a lot of shouting....!

Sunday night may have been any local Hindus or Sikhs celebrating Diwali. It seems to involve a lot of fireworks now. Matthew said the displays in Leicester are now the largest Diwali firework displays outside India. Aditi said when she lived in Delhi (until 1959) she just remembers her Grandmother's house having every surface covered in little lamps for Diwali not fireworks.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Do the drivers get free cookies, Dom?

Best, Pete.

Don't know how the Slovenian railways handle such things, but I'd consider it if I were the boss! I understand many Austrian drivers will usually have packs of Manner wafers with them, though.

• RMweb Gold

Staff meeting hell day, but as the main stirrer protagonist non team worker   :butcher:   staff member is on gardening leave it should be a positive experience today. :sungum:

That sounds like the qualities they look for in college vice-principals from my experience of working for them.

Bit overcast here but lots achieved already today as her indoors went for a swim (6:00 am)  before starting teaching her music theory  lessons at 07:30.. so

cleaned bathrooms and toilets, polished and  dusted downstairs rooms, 2 loads of washing done (but too cold and damp to hang out yet) and chilli con carne prepared and in slow cooker.

About to do some loco and wagon weathering before going into Leeds City by bus with the Herbert doing  his  Christmas shopping.

Will be back later.. in the mean time have a great day everyone and keep out of trouble ..

Phew! Exhausted just reading that......!

Edited by Ashcombe

• RMweb Premium

Gardening leave? Surely they would "birch" him over there..............(yeah, I know).......

Best, Pete.

If we still did, I would love to......I'd be pushed back in the queue though, there's a few who agree with me in here.  Like everyone.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

If I was to get back to my weight when I was 25 I would have to lose 4 stone, living on my own I never bought biscuits etc and had a phyisically demanding job as well as cycling through Leeds every day and a girlfriend who lived upstairs. 

• Like 1

Morning Gentles All! 

9 degrees and grey, but wind only 8mph so got an early spin in on the mountain bike, before it gets wet & windier.  A friend (at least I think he's a friend!) said, "O' course the trouble with Lincolnshire is the wind comes straight off the Russian Urinals..............."

Morning Gentles All! 

9 degrees and grey, but wind only 8mph so got an early spin in on the mountain bike, before it gets wet & windier.  A friend (at least I think he's a friend!) said, "O' course the trouble with Lincolnshire is the wind comes straight off the Russian Urinals..............."

Taking the p*ss?

• RMweb Gold

Morning Gentles All! 

The same wind related tale is often stated here in south Essex.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Raining here and herself has decided she does not want to go to the auction viewing after all (which saves me a drive and possibly more as this one is the jewellry auction, which tends to have 'bargains').  I see the 'who would you invite to a fantasy dinner?' thread has taken an interesting turn - bet that gets 'em all looking.   What (or rather who) next I wonder?   No more clues, must be something emanating from Colchester I reckon (oops, shouldn't have said that or we'll all finish up at the Crystal Palace).

And on that happy note - have a good day one & all.

• Like 2