The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

seven hours of cricket completed - complete with rain hammering on the cricket school roof at Headingley

Nice tea from her indoors complete with a glass of red for medicinal purposed...

Barry O

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Evening all.

Aditi and I went to Leicester today. The M25 was still iffy so on the way up we went up the M11, A1 and A47. Quite scenic so Aditi was happy.

We took Matthew and his friend Chris (their other house resident had gone to a beer festival in Birmingham) out for lunch. We went to a very nice Indian restaurant which did food from Kerala. When we returned to Matthew's  house Aditi did some planting in his window box and some of the neighbours who have the same landlady came out to ask if she was the gardener. They seemed disappointed when she said she wasn't.

On the way home we went via Enfield to see Aditi' s mum and various other family members. More Indian food was consumed. 

Robbie got an early morning walk with me but various neighbours and their offspring have been in to play with him today.

I'm hoping to head up the A13 tomorrow to visit the East Ham Finescale exhibition. I went last year.  The venue is perfect, not too far and loads of parking. It isn't actually in East Ham but at the CEME centre which I would describe as Rainham Marshes.

Tony

• Like 3

Pete commented "Make sure they put the right valves in, Don!"  Should I have said  "WIFI"?

It was actually the antenna in the roof that was the problem.

Cooler today at 23C with very high thin cloud and a mild breeze at 15kph. An altogether pleasant day but NOT Summery..

Morning All,

It's piddling down here and I must take the hairy monster for his morning constitutional. Which will mean we're both going to get soaked and when I return I'll have to wrestle a recalcitrant dog into being dried by a towel - something he just barely tolerates at the best of times.

To quote Captain Oates "I may be gone some time"

iD

Morning all,  had a bit of a problem getting on the site this morning so I guess the "fixing elves" were playing things? 

Glad to see you back Don, ......not much else to report apart from another plumbing problem, with water pouring though light fittings...such is life, but at least I dont have to fix it!

Try and have a good day folks,

Trev. 

• RMweb Gold

Waiting to hear from the Lottery.

Probably sending someone in person.

He got lost on his way to my house, he'll get here soon and I'll send him on.

Morning all.

A lovely morning down here, and my partner and the kids return from a week and a bit away from home - YIPPPEEEEEE !

Having spent several hours partially resolving my sons PC problems it was too late for me to go out yesterday so I watched a film I've been meaning to watch for several months and spent several hours rendering videos to add to my YouTube this week - whilst I still have access to fast broad band (although, apparently, the village will definitely be on super fast by Xmas, it remains to be seen how much of the peripheral properties are included)

Must run - I have a weeks worth of "man debris" to clear up before they get home !

Have a good day all.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I am going to Rainham this morning to the exhibition. My plan to be there at 10am has already slipped somewhat but the A13 is a lot easier to drive along if one is awake.

Robbie probably won't mind not having his walk until later today as I understand he may be "helping" Aditi in the garden.

We visited the remodelled station entrance at Leicester yesterday so that Matthew could purchase his tickets for Glasgow. He is going next weekend to an open day at the university. It is one of the places he would quite like to study at for a Masters degree. The others are Cardiff and UCL. 

Tony

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, lovely bright morning but chilly here in Norfolk. Enforced day off from DIY today as the grandchildren are visiting. They are off to Cyprus on a RAF posting immediately after Christmas so the lovely wife is keen to see as much of them as possible in the meantime. Probably good for me to have a day off, I have been ignoring a sore knee obtained at football on Tuesday, and making it worse by DIYing. Consider myself a late fitness test for next Tuesday at this rate.

Have a good day whatever you are up to

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

bright sunshine outside (it won't last so jealousy would be wasted) - Mrs Stationmaster is lying-in after a disturbed night, she thinks the mattress is probably to blame - which i think translates as 'we must get round to going to Heelas John Lewis to get a new mattress this week' and it has been nice to rest my legs after the rigours of Wycrail yesterday and probably to rest my hand after shaking hands with numerous RMwebbers of old acquaintance and new.

I suspect today might be spent in semi-idleness but there is more scanning to do for my 'bought at an auction' thread although it is now getting down to minor railways such as the LMS/its descendant.

Have a good day folks.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

bright sunshine outside (it won't last so jealousy would be wasted) - Mrs Stationmaster is lying-in after a disturbed night, she thinks the mattress is probably to blame - which i think translates as 'we must get round to going to Heelas John Lewis to get a new mattress this week' and it has been nice to rest my legs after the rigours of Wycrail yesterday and probably to rest my hand after shaking hands with numerous RMwebbers of old acquaintance and new.

I suspect today might be spent in semi-idleness but there is more scanning to do for my 'bought at an auction' thread although it is now getting down to minor railways such as the LMS/its descendant.

Have a good day folks.

Mike, try the mattressman.com  no connection, satisfied customer etc........

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

RMweb seemed a bit hard to reach earlier. We have a sunny but blowy day here, and not too warm, either.

Yesterday's chat with MiL was a bit depressing, really. As you know, she's 91, in sheltered accommodation, but now can hardly see anything, and is thus at risk simply pouring boiling water into the teapot. Can't see the keys on the phone, and even if she could, can't read numbers in address books or off letters etc. I am hoping to ring the management of her accommodation tomorrow to suggest it's time they booted her out. I tend to imagine they have live links to the Local Authority Social Services, so may be able to get a lever under the stone, and get MiL into some sort of home. Otherwise it's only a matter of time before something nasty transpires. I'm not exactly fond of the woman, and as you may recall, Deb had washed her hands of her several months before she died, but I cannot ignore her needs, apparently.

Hope your Sunday going gently.

• RMweb Gold

Ian, it does you credit that you care. Try enlisting the help of the warden at the sheltered scheme. If your MIL is struggling he/she should be flagging that up  - as you say, it could be time for a move to accommodation with more support. You could also flag your concerns direct to social services. They have a duty to assess her needs.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Bright & breezy at the moment, 11oC and showers to come.

Great day at Wycrail yesterday meeting up with  Bob81C, Mike, Dr.SC,Gruff, PhilH and others. It's a show I'll definitely go to again,(not just for the layouts but the cakes are excellent as well!)

Lazy day today as yesterday's expedition has resulted in one very painful knee so I think some Rugby & GP highlights together with a pint or three of Pride are on the agenda.

Have a good one,

Bob.

PS Mike - Ever thought of going to Dreams? I hear they do very nice memory foam mattresses with a "special"  aroma. :stink:

• Like 3

Afternoon All,

I am suffering a bit from "what to do" syndrome today.  I really have too many projects, and too many ideas!  It usually results in nothing getting done.

The weather is a bit changeable - alternating between bright sunshine and overcast.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Gold

PS Mike - Ever thought of going to Dreams? I hear they do very nice memory foam mattresses with a "special"  aroma. :stink:

If you carry on like that Bob this conversation could rapidly descend to the level reached yesterday by 81C and a certain Mr Kohler :jester:  :butcher:

(John Lewis are preferred because they offer a no-quibble exchange service - 'if you don't like it we'll come back and collect and give a full refund' - plus they did have some quite good mattresses when we looked during the great nightmares Dreams 'debate').

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon All,

I am suffering a bit from "what to do" syndrome today.  I really have too many projects, and too many ideas!  It usually results in nothing getting done.

The weather is a bit changeable - alternating between bright sunshine and overcast.

Have a good day everyone...

Couldn't pop over to England to dig a hole for a shrub could you Robert - guess what I'm asked instructed to do today.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all.

My lovely lady and the kids are on their way home (as mentioned above) - they've just left Dunkirk on the Delft Seaways - the joys of modern technology means I can track their progress. They've been warned it's rough going and sick bags may be required ...

A life on the ocean wave, a life on the ocean wave etc. etc.