The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Lightning...Thunder...Wind...Rain

It may be coming your way...

Electric off...and on...and ?

Keep safe

Polly

Ashers. A catch-up, post script, very happy first birthday to Alice, if a bit belated and a little girlie smiley :tender:

Edited by southern42

I note that the situation in Greece is going downhill fast, yet again. Don't people ever learn anything?

Best, Pete.

Hi Pete - not only Greece, the UK is stoking up another economic bubble which the Guardian called Fantasyland earlier this week...

Rowan trees full of berries here in Edinburgh but at least we're still picking Tay & loganberries in our small garden.

Mal

I'm here!

Our wireless receiver stopped receiving on Thursday pm. so have been incommunicado ever since but it appears to have been fixed sometime this morning so here I am.

It's back to being SUMMER weather. 26C today! I'm down to ONE light jersey! (Told you I wouldn't survive Scottish weather) :sungum:

Getting ready to watch the Australia vs England rugby match soon. I'm rooting for England. :danced:

• Like 3

I'm here!

Our wireless receiver stopped receiving on Thursday pm. so have been incommunicado ever since but it appears to have been fixed sometime this morning so here I am.

It's back to being SUMMER weather. 26C today! I'm down to ONE light jersey! (Told you I wouldn't survive Scottish weather) :sungum:

Getting ready to watch the Australia vs England rugby match soon. I'm rooting for England. :danced:

Welcome home, Don......we missed you! :yes:

Enjoy the Rugball......or is it Footby? :blum:

• Like 1

Lightning...Thunder...Wind...Rain

It may be coming your way...

Electric off...and on...and ?

Keep safe

It`s arrived here, Polly........a real torment of a storm! :O

Two, terrified Collies trying to get inside my lap now; poor loves, they can`t make sense of what their senses say and what the inheritance of several millennia of such experiences tells their kind. :scared:

Edited by Debs.

• RMweb Premium

It is official I have lost one small Milk frog number one son is not amused. Spiders ,snakes and scorpion are all ok not forgetting guinea pigs and rabbits.I put the geckos off breeding last night, gave them a cold shower before I realised what they were up to!

Hi Pete - not only Greece, the UK is stoking up another economic bubble which the Guardian called Fantasyland earlier this week...

Rowan trees full of berries here in Edinburgh but at least we're still picking Tay & loganberries in our small garden.

Mal

Two very greedy blackbirds have spent the morning stripping all the berries from one of the rowan bushes here - currently tipping down!

A few photos of Alice's 1st birthday:-

With her Mum

post-10142-0-06837200-1383407742_thumb.jpg

Sharing a banana with older brother, William

post-10142-0-64975600-1383407724_thumb.jpg

Loving her new coat (she's a a real girl!)

post-10142-0-80100000-1383407732_thumb.jpg

A project for the grandfathers

post-10142-0-85750400-1383407754_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Two very greedy blackbirds have spent the morning stripping all the berries from one of the rowan bushes here - currently tipping down!

On a Mountain Ashers theme; we enjoyed a Haslet sandwich with Rowan Jelly for our lunch today.....`making delicious Rowan Jelly (along with Deb`s special Sloe Gin) is part of our Autumnal delight here at Collie towers. :yes:

• Like 4

A few photos of Alice's 1st birthday:-

With her Mum

attachicon.gifAlice with her Mum.jpg

Sharing a banana with older brother, William

attachicon.gifSharing a banana with William.jpg

Loving her new coat (she's a a real girl!)

attachicon.gifAlice loving her new coat.jpg

A project for the grandfathers

attachicon.gifGrandfathers working on a joint project.jpg

I've got one of those tee shirts somewhere...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Been a mixed day of sunshine and showers. We have been walking in the hills around Dulverton the Barle has a lot of water at the moment

post-8525-0-78449900-1383411613_thumb.jpg

We have been entertained by the deer. No sightings but the hills are echoing with their sounds I presume the rutt has started. Lots of bellowing and clashing of antlers. Tried taking a video of the trees to capture the sound but the camera doesn't seem to pick up distant sounds although they sound quite lound to our ears.

Forget exercise bikes get a dog and take that walking much better than watching tv whilst pedalling indoors, despite getting very wet and muddy (dogs and us).

Don

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Evenin' all,

from Wycrail we are returned - excellent day out and nice to meet up with Bob (GDB in our little corner of the forum) plus the other Bob and Gruff (who came complete with two fairly well behaved grandsons).  Excellent show which is thoroughly recommended to all who are ever in the vicinity and complete with a high level of RMweb representation both on layouts or just wandering about officiating in various roles.

Meanwhile back home the washing machine has thrown a wobbly so it will be dining courtesy the chippy tonight  and hoping no one suffers in this weekend's bashing of stormy weather.

• Like 3

Hmm, I wonder if the storms will reach here, in Basel.

I've finally started laying roof tiles on the MBH pub, my first try was at the back of the building and it came out very nicely indeed. I will be taking my time and letting everything set solid before moving on to the next part of the roof. I may even be finished by Christmas (or not, as the case may be..).

I did some profiling of the pooch and found that Schotty is a bona-fide Lurcher (sight hound & herding dog cross). There's a website called Lurcher Link (http://www.lurcher.org/llink/forum/index.php?sid=f435a7e25ab35fa4b3282c77557203b7) and these animals come in all different shapes and sizes. But they all have a characteristic in common - to stretch out to their full length, roll over onto their back and wave their nadgers in the air (and that also holds true for lady lurchers as well). Some of the lurcher crosses are a bit too greyhound for me, but there really are many, many appealing (if not adorable) dogs featured on the site. Go visit the site, you may even end up rescuing a lurcher (don't blame me in that case...)

Mrs iD is out with the ladies, so will take the hairy monster for a walk and the cook an Asian dinner (chilli-ginger pork belly and stir fried vegetables with Udon noodles) after feeding Schotty on my return. Let's hope I miss the rain

Evening All!

iD

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Friends in Suffolk had a succession of Lurchers, all of them delightfully easy with visitors - and not bad at hare-coursing! Getting on a visitor's lap regarded as normal behaviour. Recommended if you have the space and need the exercise.

• Like 1

You might be describing my first boy-friend! :sarcastichand:

There is such a thing as too much information Debs............................especially as I haven't had supper yet...............................

• RMweb Premium

I'd be worried if the high tide reaches Basel, iD!

Mad windy here, with occasional but torrential showers.  Ferries cancelled - wish it had been last week.......ahem...and several large vessels sheltering in the lee of the island that we spotted on our way home earlier.

I'm here!

Make sure they put the right valves in, Don!

Best, Pete.

PS Glad you're back amongst us semi-living,,,