The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Take a look at Space Board Eco, Debs. Comes in 1200 x 500mm slabs, 60mm thick. That's   3 ft   11 1/4 inch x , 1 ft   7 11/16 inch x 2 23/64 inch in old money.

Goes by the brand name KnaufInsulation, but that's 'knauf about that. 

Got some in B&Q  for about £5 per slab.

If you do use it and need to cut it to shape then it's best done with a saw first rather than trying to use a craft knife later.  

Andy

ps, sorry about the "shouty font"!  :pardon:

Spaceboard seems to be temporarily unavailable in this area. Hopefully it will be seasonal and reappear soon.

• RMweb Gold

They are about to fill the space between the rafters in our bungalow with 70mm Celotex. When I did the roof in IOW I bought a special saw for Insulation boards more like a big carving knife causing less dust.

However todays good news is that we have completed the purchase of a 23mx7.6m Strip of land alongside our bungalow. The land which was part vegetable beds part orchard will give us a decent size garden.

Don

• Like 8

They are about to fill the space between the rafters in our bungalow with 70mm Celotex. When I did the roof in IOW I bought a special saw for Insulation boards more like a big carving knife causing less dust.

However todays good news is that we have completed the purchase of a 23mx7.6m Strip of land alongside our bungalow. The land which was part vegetable beds part orchard will give us a decent size garden.

Don

You could get a really good sized shed at the bottom of your new garden Don!

Even all,  

Like many I try to avoid the dreaded "goggle box"  but it comes to something when you're sat beside one in a traffic jam as  I was on the way home tonight....playing a local TV show.......

Off to bed soon....temperature currently  26C....

Trev

post-4282-0-71415900-1383165290.jpg

• RMweb Gold

You could get a really good sized shed at the bottom of your new garden Don!

I don't think I would get domestic approval for the shed seeing as the loft conversion will give me a 23ftx9ft Train room with proper stair access insulation velux rooflights. Feeling quite lucky at the moment (till the final bill comes in?)

Don

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Depends on where you are on the planet too. Don in Cape Town will be on here any minute he always seems to be up really early but he's acutally had a nice cosy lie in because he's 2-3 hours ahead of most people unlike poor me who hasn't been to bed yet and can get the evil stare from SHMBO when I get chatting etc as people get on and Sasquatch should be hitting the sack.

How is the spring coming along there Don? We've got leaves to rake. Yellow ones, tons of them! It's below freezing every morning but gets up to T-shirt time about 1ish.

Good night Jo, Welcome to ERs. Sweet dreams.

Wakey wakey everybody else.

It's returned to miserable Wintery weather here, yesterday, today and tomorrow.

13C overnight. I've reverted to sleeping under a blanket.

Max today forecast to be 18C with rain.

For the rest I wish you much training.

Welcome back DD. Did you find suitable hotels at your unbooked stops?

Did they have well stocked wine cellars when you arrived?

Any happy children noises this time?

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Very wet again but quite warm at 12oC Don.

Today there is a possibility that some tracklaying may begin. This however may be curtailed because a foraging expedition to the supermarket  is necessary essential as my beer supplies are dangerously low!

Later this afternoon we're off to our daughter's house because the kids are having  a Hallowe'en party. When I said "I suppose that means I've got to wear my scary mask" there was a chorus of "we thought you already were!"

Have a good one,
Bob.

• Like 1

Morning Gang, tried getting on here around  05:30GMT but the "the web page is not available" message came up, but an hour later & it's back!

Be good today, now going to (not) see if I can watch TV on the way to the office!

Trev 

Morning All,

It was very foggy when I got up this morning - 6°C and totally revolting!

Further from the river, the temperature was down to 0°C and there was frost on the drive through the forest, for the first time this year.

Here at the office, the sun is shining (although it is a weak, autumnal sun) and the sky is blue.

It looks like it is going to be a reasonable day!

Have a good one everybody...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Dry here but rain is forecast. Aditi would like the summerhouse to have some wood treatment applied. It needs two dry days so I won't be doing it today. Aditi has a couple of days off now. She is going to do a lot of gardening. I suspect I may be required for things she can't reach.

I use ply for my baseboards with some fairly small woood sections. Either 4mm just over 1/8th inch or 6mm nearly 1/4qr inch. The important thing is a bit of diagonal bracing to stop twist. I always aim for a baseboard that complete with scener etc. can be held in one hand while you open a door with the other that is what i consider portable.

showing the underside of a 4ft x 2ft 6in baord for an 0 gauge layout.
Don

Don, I remember admiring these baseboards when you first put them on RMWeb some time ago  - I didn't put two and two together...

What size wood is the bracing? Do you "glue and screw" them?

I have tried the original Pink stiff foam insulation board  but didn't like working with it. Personally I think we tend to build baseboards that are ridiculously heavy, I once built a baseboard out of 3/4" ply and my Wife was convinced that I was building a "riser" for my Marshall Stack...which having a handwired head that weighed in at over 125lbs alone. With two 4x12 cabs the whole thing was over 250lbs and about as tall as Debs (without a riser).

Thanks, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 1