The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

HAve moved from the site at Minehead to Stover (nr Newton Abbot) ready for the Garden Railway show at Exeter on Saturday. Horrible rain last night and this morning but  cleared up as we drove and had a cracking afternoon in Stover Country Park. Will it last?

Don

• RMweb Gold

EEEeek! :O  :O  :O  :O

There is a village to the north of the area shown called Tinwald.

A different spelling but seems quite a coincidence. Does Tinwald/Tynwald and Man have a apecific derivation in a geographical sense?

• RMweb Gold

Don't know - but I wouldn't mind living in Clumpton.

Would have had lots of fun at school with that.

I recall a young colleague being mightily amused when he discovered a station called Dumpton Park. Mind you, despite having gone to Oxford, as well as having a supplementary degree in Operational Research (probably from Lancaster) he was a Derby County supporter, so probably needed to get out more anyway.

Risking Debs` wrath, because I can`t see any existing topic to post in, and don`t want to start a new topic just for two pictures, here are a couple of photos of `stuffed and mounted` steam engines in Arizona:  

Southwest Forest Industries 2-8-0 number 25 at the ex-AT&SF depot in Flagstaff (those streaks are snow):

post-1771-0-31418800-1381982574.jpg

AT&SF 2-8-0 number 761 at the ex-ATSF depot (now the tourist information centre) in Wickenburg:

post-1771-0-91720000-1381982604.jpg

• Like 8

I woke up, glanced at my clock and thought "Yippee, still two hours more sleep", closed my eyes and though "Hang on, it's a bit too bright for 4:00am. Got up and checked the other clock. Damn, it's actually after 6:00,.

Nothwithstanding said brightness, an hour later, it's fully clouded over.

No rain expected and max temp expected to be 18C. When oh when is it going to warm up.

We are NOT experiencing Global warming, but rather Global cooling

I'm gouing to put on another jersey.

Edited by DonBradley
  • Like 1

Morning all,  Don, I think your heats stuck here! Last couple of days & nights have been really oppressive .

Only excitement I had last evening was trying to persuade two ex-pat engineers that they need to go out on a breakdown to get the brewery re-started!  

Try to find something to enjoy during your day,

Trev. 

• RMweb Premium

Grey here

Thanks to Trisonic for his 4" of rain deficit .. it arrived here yesterday afternoon.

Moat re-appeared in garden.

More wood work to rub down and paint today...

Enjoy your Thursday everyone and safe journeys to anyone travelling today..

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Damp outside. It is forecast to be about 12C and dry here today.

My cough has returned to keep me awake last night so I suspect I'll do even less than usual today. 

Tony

• RMweb Gold

This might be a clue that I need some sun!

Off tomorrow night to Costa Brav 

Enjoy your holiday, I hope next year we will be able to go to some places outside the school holiday weeks. The price of flights to Barcelona from Southend rises significantly at weekends and school holidays,

• RMweb Premium

Quick update

rain stopped , sun shining!!

Bit breezy so if anyone is travelling into LBA

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-news/51589794#51589794

most of us who live here are not afraid of landing at LBA - if they could get Concord and Jumbos into the place its no problem!

Enjoy your holiday, I hope next year we will be able to go to some places outside the school holiday weeks. The price of flights to Barcelona from Southend rises significantly at weekends and school holidays,

You'll love the freedom to do that! Whenever we go away in term time these days, it feels like playing hookey!

This made me smile: yesterday our three year old grandson said to his mother,"I'm three and a half now so next I'll be...... um..... quarter to four!!"

• Like 1