The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Let's not be negative, that will only lead to con(fuse)ion!  Plug on regardless! :mosking:

Sun, wind and rain!  Oh, to be in Spalding now that Autumn's here.................Mutter, mutter, curse,...........whimper and turn the heating on.................... :cry:

Dawn arrived with red sky. The trip along the M6 and M6 toll passed relatively uneventfully and I arrived at that brewery in Burton to be greeted as if I was a long lost friend (having not been there for 10 days). I am glad to report that I left the site with happy customers and no reason to return - phew! Unfortunately, the weather took a turn for the worse whilst in BoT and, as a certain JB mimicked Idi Amin, it was pizzing dahn!

Back home now and starting to reach the sphincters of the two remaining projects that are presently preventing me from getting anything done on Gruff's Wicked Railway. I am hoping October will see some real progress in that area, if we can get the son's car restoration completed and liberate my shed!    :haha:

• RMweb Gold

I've only been to Burton once. It must have been 50 years ago, there were trains crossing the street and a distinct brewery smell. My brother and I were staying with our grandfather (the soon to be diagnosed crazy one) in Alrewas and we had accompanied him to Burton so he could go to the barbers and the bank. I don't recall the bank but I do remember taking my brother outside the barbers so he didn't have to listen to one of Granddad's mad rants.

• Like 2

Gruff, JB as Idi Amin!  I recall that....I bin up on de roof ob de Entebbe weather centre.....ha ha!

Did anyone else get the bit about (Peter) Brotherhoods.....or is that a MN thing?  :scratchhead:

I did expect that you would close that connection Neil. For those without the same experiences, Peter Brotherhood was a company that made steam turbine powered electrical generators and they were quite reliable in my experience.

My recollection of the JB sketch was "I just been up on da Air Ministry roof and it am pi**in' dahn"

• RMweb Gold

I did expect that you would close that connection Neil. For those without the same experiences, Peter Brotherhood was a company that made steam turbine powered electrical generators and they were quite reliable in my experience.

My recollection of the JB sketch was "I just been up on da Air Ministry roof and it am pi**in' dahn"

Another excellent weather sketch is the scene with the indomitable Robin Williams in the film Good Morning Vietnam. Williams as the DJ goes to his weather correspondants in Vietnam and the USA for updates.

love it

• Like 2

Same joke, different delivery - it was on an LP IIRC that my brother had.  Brother had, not Brotherhood..... :jester:   I agree they seldom caused any black outs......unlike M. Crepelle's diesels. Or bl**dy Paxmans....

You set me thinking Neil. Brotherhoods got taken over by Dressers in the mid / late 2000's but are still doing business in the market place we both know and perhaps TravelinTrev has come across them too? The following link is their current Marine plant brochure:

http://www.peterbrotherhood.co.uk/literature/steam/85218_MarineST_A4sm.pdf

Edit for podgy fingers (again)

Edited by Gruffalo

• RMweb Premium

Well there are some bright sparks on here and some dodgy connections I am too shocked to think of any puns.

Don

I've always believed that punning is conductive to training your expressive abilities! Keeping up mental tension, to put it differently.

Morning all. TGIF!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry, dull, 10oC but should be brighter & a lot warmer today.

The Boss has been delivered to work & all is quiet at the moment. Nothing much planned except a possible visit to the dump recycling centre later.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 1

Hi ALL and especially DD.

No storm so far but C O L D. Max today will be 11C

Excitement last night was a Fire Alarm. Since I have been here there have been five false alarms and one evacuation drill, so I ignored last night's alarm until the intercom announced "Residents please evacuate" so out into the rain we limped, staggered,  zimmered, where wheeled or somehow made our way to the gazebo shelters lining the driveway. It transpired that a resident's TV had exploded and started a fire. The fire brigade duly arrived, extinguished what was left of the fire and we were allowed to traipes through the now heavier rain back into the home.

I felt I deserved a brandy which I duly savoured when back in my room.

I am Glad that Andy's youngster's stomach problem has been identified and rectified.

Weekend tomorrow. Get you modelling tools out

Happy days whatever you are able to do.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

No burning plastic smell here, just freshly baked bread smell.

Overcast outside but I have been assured it will be warm and sunny later.

I think a combination of household tasks and shopping are probably how I shall be spending my day today.

Tony

• Like 1