The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Greetings

No April 1st jokes today from me, as it's already one of these days when the biggest mistake is getting up.

Bloomin' cold but sunny with a bitter Northerly wind, and remembered quite late on, while having a lovely lie in, that I had to go to the dentist, so a mad dash to the car - got there and he was (of course) running late. Spending the next six and a half hours at work on an 8.00 finish, with a Physio appointment at 5.00 tonight.

One silver lining with the clouds - got a call from the vet to say that we had won a bottle of something fizzy in their 10th anniversary raffle - as the only thing on the prize list was that is remotely like a bottle of something fizzy was a full bottle of Veuve Cliquot, I hope it's that - so have an e-drink on me, ERs - I will save the real thing to celebrate the end of the building work chez 45156 after five years of changing, moving, modifying, and spending to get the place back to its original layout and specification.

Once it's all done, the fight discussion over who gets the spare room can start as I hope to get going on my layout! - Some hope!!?? :(

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

We'll be heading off for the Easter weekend in a couple of hours, so I think I'll sign off now till Monday afternoon. My girlfriend's uncle has his 60th birthday on Sunday and he invited us all to the Rhine. I hope the weather'll be good enough for me to shoot a couple of railway photos, too! :)

Have a happy Easter all! :)

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Bright and beautiful here this morning

I have two weeks ahead and only a short(ish) list. I can see some tangible work being done on the new layout - even if it is just a start on the baseboards.

Unless, of course, the list grows.

I went to Llandudno once. It was closed.

Morning All,

I'm awake too - but somewhat later than Mike was awake.

It is a lovely morning here - the sun is shining and it looks like Spring might have arrived. Trouble is, it keeps popping out!

Quite a lot on the agenda today - so have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

I'm sorry but I was asleep when others were pondering the "awake" question.

I thought I had organised everything I needed to avoid having to do any shopping today but it would appear some dog food is required and I need almonds for the pasta pudding.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, bit of a damp windy start to the Easter break. Weather's not too good either. I was going to take my dear old mum out for an outing but we've postponed it to a brighter day. So I'm going to get on with my O2.....immediately after I've given the PS3 as bit of a go. I will, you wait and see.....honest.

They are just after the post praising PhilH as being sensible.

That has got to be defamation of character. Me? Sensible? I don't think so....

• RMweb Premium

Hello.

I'm sorry but I was asleep when others were pondering the "awake" question.

I thought I had organised everything I needed to avoid having to do any shopping today but it would appear some dog food is required and I need almonds for the pasta pudding.

Tony

Snap only in my case it is dishwasher salt and margerine aaargh

I was awake at some ridiculous hour for a holiday. But it got better. Managed to get back to sleep for an hour or two!

Lots to do today! I'm going to pack away most of my CDs to go into storage (Mum and Dad's loft) as they're taking up valuable room in my flat and I never use them now they're on my computer and iPod. Plus lots of other bits of tidying to do.

Enjoy your Good Friday, and enjoy Llandudno, Dd!

• RMweb Gold

I, also, have to call at the Supermarket.

For the cash machine in my instance.

I didn't know they sold cash machines. Do they come fully stocked?

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Weather was OK when I walked the dog but it's turned into to normal bank holiday fare. At least it means I won't get a list of things to do in the garden! More track construction today I think.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all

Didn't manage to get to good morning, as I had a raft of work to do at home first, as this is the only chance I'll get to start the preparatory work for the builder's arrival in a couple of weeks - clearing out the understair cupboard, then stripping back to bare plaster. This was made harder as the last person to decorate here seemed to think that to get good adhsion for blown vinyl, the best sticking medium was a mixture of wallpaper paste and Unibond, with neat Unibond on all the edges and places where it would not stick -then to finish the whole thing with a nice coat of gloss paint. To take down about six feet by six feet of this stuff took me about four hours - I was just priding myself on finishing when I looked up, and found that the ceiling was the same!

Regards

Stewart

Went to Llandudno.

Took road over moors and mountains to avoid caravans and came (almost) face to face with some brainless cretin on a Billy Connelly 3 wheeler on a blind bend.

Several other members of the M/C suicide squad were also on the road (more or less).

This is the traditional weekend when they thin their ranks on the byways of Wales.

Of interest was the four feet drifts of snow left from Wednesday on the Moors.

Bought some N scale Cows, Pigs, Scatter & Bulldozer.

Visited Betws y Coed on the return journey and was amused when the lights flashed and the barrier lowered after the narrow gauge train was halfway past.

Forgot camera again.

Morning All,

It is another lovely morning here today - but the weather is supposed to deteriorate later on so I'd better make the best of it while it lasts. I'm off to get some photographs taken later for my new passport. I've almost recovered from finding out it is going to cost me €144 (plus 7€ postage - cheek!) Talk about rip off Britain - that's daylight robbery for what is, after all, nothing more than a cheap notebook with a picture in it.

Know what you mean about the Bikers DD. Most are responsible - some are not. Yesterday's weather brought many of them out here. It is possible to register a vehicle in Germany for part of the year, and many register them from April to September. Meaning a lot have re-appeared on the roads in the past couple of days. I was chatting to a guy at the petrol station yesterday afternoon with an 850 Guzzi and sidecar - but the sport bike fraternity were also out in force. I heard one come screaming down the straight into our village yesterday and he must have been doing well over the ton (mph that is).

In some places (the Odenwald for example), the problem has become so big that the Police close some roads to bikers on sunny weekends. It affords some great Snake Pass like roads - but the accident rate is just too high.

Have a good day everyone - and be safe! :icon_wave:

Have a good day everyone - and be safe! :icon_wave:

It's a dangerous thing, leaving your own front door, Bilbo, my lad! :)

Waiting for a couple of deliveries this morning - a filing cabinet and all the bits of my boiler. Hope they don't take up too much room as it's not getting installed for nearly a fortnight... And at least I'm up for the F1 quali too...