The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Mike's Private Yacht the Stationmaster's Perk Patricia appears to be back in the dock at Swansea (Crown Court). Is it all over? Seemed a short cruise this year...

Hot day in the NY Metroplex today. Should cool a little at the weekend.

Best, Pete.

Pouring with heavy rain.

I usually watch Sky News at 7:00 am but no TV reception today due to the rain

A bit of blue sky appearing as I type.

Fair weather due to resume tomorrow.

I liked the picture of Oban station throat, particularly the semaphore signals.

There is about a 5 mile stretch of Main line about 30 miles out of Cape Town that retains it's semaphore signals

All semaphore in South Africa were upper quadrant.

Very pleased to hear the results of NHN's Debs surgery. Holding thumbs.

Edited by DonBradley

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry, sunny & blue skies again, 16oC at the moment. Should be another nice day with faint chance of a bit of rain later this afternoon.

I think some gardening is on the agenda today - my back is already aching at the thought! I've also got to water my daughter's plant pots as well as the next door neighbours as they are all away basking in the sunshine.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• RMweb Gold

The water bomber plane is based at the barracks at the end of the bay at PP, Barry.

That base improved my last holiday there as the bugle calls and live firing drowned out some of the noise of screaming kids.

(Other kids are available).

Good pics thanks Ashers.

DD,  I have to ask..................was the screaming before the live firing started?

When I was  in the army we used to be awakened by the bugler sounding 'Reveille'

Then one morning after a Regimental Dinner, he decided to go around to the Officers married quarters at 0600 and sounded 'Dismount'.

Unfortunately the CO had what is best described as a sense of humour failure.

Regards

Richard

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Bright, sunny etc., but share Don Bradley's findings - when wet weather is extreme, the satellites go off and the broadband (such as it is) can do the same.

Good pics from Sherry, TVM. We went trotting racing once at Les Hunaudieres, more famous as being the site of the Mulsanne Straight on the Le Mans circuit. It should also be remembered as the site of the first aeroplane flight in France, when Wilbur (it says Orville here, some differences in details) Wright did a demo in August/September 1908. A video is here

Doctor was helpful as ever in filling out a form saying I was still alive. Having done so, she then checked my blood pressure and listened to my heart. When you leave without clutching a prescription, you guess it means "no fault found"!

Enjoy your day.

Edited by Oldddudders
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Glad things worked out ok Neil.

Are you a member of the 16mm Association. In the latest SMT there is a photo of the editor driving Polar Bear should be on the Island really.

Don

Morning.

Yes Don, I'm in the 16mm.  As we can't have Polar Bear back, we're building our own.  One dark night we just might swap them over.... :O

Edited by New Haven Neil

• RMweb Premium

didn't Dave Alexander do a kit for this?   or could you bodge it from some of Charlies (dc kits) bits??

Isn't that the LNER van, not the BR version that Dave does??  I'm not sure how different the 50's van is from a Souther Region van as done by Bachmann - I have one of those funnily enough!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

A dull but very hot = unpleasant stickiness today, a pair of 20s on the Sizewell again, getting boring now, a pair of 66s please DRS.

Not much else to report. Oh yeah - I got engaged on Sunday.

Have a good day all.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

morning all. late of parade due to cleaning duties.....(plaster dust still appearing everywhere!)

bit grey here in Leeds .... woudl like ot be back in Mallorca but hey ho.

Waiting for the plumbers to arrive to strip out the new shower as they haven't bothered to make the base stable so it squeaks!), then they have to get the shower controls level, fit a surround to the bath (We thought you were having it tiled(!)), and fill all of the holes in walls etc they have left......Pipe stranglers..... second only in leaving a mess to Plasterers!

apologies for the rant....

Have a great Hump day people ...

• RMweb Gold

It's already named Brown Bear, as this was the other animal that used to be at the zoo.  No longer, thankfully.

Plus it's not cross-eyed..... :jester:

If it were cross-eyed then it would be called Gladly. As in the hymn ........

....... Gladly the cross-eyed bear.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all, we had hoped for an excursion to Bakewell today but the weather was not promising for a wheelchair tour. I|t is brightening now so we will see if it is possible later. MrsB found a frog in the watercress bag this morning, another black mark for Tesco. Fortunately she feeds the watercress to the tortoise, as it is wessex watercress I just tipped the frog into the long grass in the garden and despite playing dead it has moved off since.

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon, back after a long weekend away with friends, spent most of the morning on the phone to BT and latterly Sky customer service centres. BT absolute nightmare in terms of waiting and advice, Sky well have to say got through within 2 mins, only thing is Sky don't seem to keep their customer agents up to speed with whats happening! ie you can now order films etc via wireless rather than telephone line, received this update last night, according to my customer services agent no you cannot lol!  Suggested he read the advertising literature for a starter! Didn't believe me at first until I pointed to a notice on the Sky Forum.

Anyway it all got sorted which is more than can be said for BT which is short for bloody titanic in my opinion.

If anyone reading this works for the said outfit sorry but honestly there is room for vast improvement in the call centres!! rant over and I will return to my sedate retired life where its raining and a session in the shed beckons!

Enjoy whats left of the day

• RMweb Premium

watching the cricket (Test Match) with a bit of concern - two new bowlers - rather than use some who know how to take test cricket... Johnnie Bairstow dropped yet he has scored more runs than Prior and is a capable wicket keeper ....

whatever next......  they may eventually bother to talk to a groundsman or two .....