The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Talking of men's bottoms, on one of my favourite telly programmes-Would I Lie to You?-last night there was a bloke who had been Lee Mack's bottom double in a scene in Not Going Out.

Ed

and of course the famous Billy Connolly joke on Parkinson. It'd be great if someone could post a link please.

Just as funny as ever....

• RMweb Premium

and of course the famous Billy Connolly joke on Parkinson. It'd be great if someone could post a link please.

Utterly brilliant - I knew the joke already when Mr Connolly appeared on Parkinson for the first time - I'd heard it in one of his shows only a few weeks before, and even though I knew the punchline, I was still laughing - the problem was I was in England at the time, and of course was fluent in Glasgwegian, as I'd lived there for years, so I was having to try to interpret for the others who were watching, while still trying to stop myself from creasing myself - not easy. 

Evening All

Well caught up, and hopefuly have managed to pick up every nuance of the banter, fun, and erudite discussion sheer piffle which ERs still so perfectly represent.

Early finish today, and that's the last of these this week, and there's a can of Stella in the fridge with my name on it, so I'm off to pour it.

Before I do, just two things to observe round here - first is a strong, sickening smell of diesel which is being borne on the wind - no idea where it's coming from, but it's not at all pleasant.

Second is that over the last few weeks, I've been observing a most fascinating process of replacing the EHT transmission lines from Heysham to the North - and it is an enormous job which appears to use the most precarious looking platforms about 20 feet or so long, which are suspended from the arm of the pylon, on which the operatives work, while pulley wheels are attached to the insulators, then the new cable is drawn in - it does not appear to be the safest job in the land, though I've no doubt that there are very strict safety guidelines over working practices at that height.  Not for me.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Evening,

Went to Hampton Court Palace today (as requested instructed) and it was all very nice & much as I remember it albeit with some new innovations however I was rather disappointed to find that they still haven't got a model railway shop!

:scratchhead:  :rolleyes:  :negative:

• RMweb Premium

Wow, a lot of little hearts popped up there at the top!  Thank you all for your concerns.

Debs (NHN version) is home already, operation a success, and the joint will live to fight another day.  Some aspects of it weren't as bad as expected from the MRI, so that was very good news indeed.  The aberrations of the previous surgeon have been corrected (allegedly) successfully, and recovery is expected to be quicker than we had been told to expect.  Doubleplusgood.

Funny, is it not, that sharing these concerns in our little community helps so much?  I haven't met anyone on here and really am not likely to do so (although I do see another Manxie posting sometimes!), but sharing worries and the support expressed indeed makes a difficult day easier to handle.  Thank you all.

Here's a train photo to celebrate (hope I don't get banned again!).

post-10195-0-84885300-1377025848_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

back in Leeds after a 9 day break in Porta Pollenca Mallorca where it was hot, sunny and made more interesting watching them water-bomb a fire caused by lightning strikes on the Alcudia side of the Bay....

As would be typical the water bomber was a land based plane - the Spanish Air force Canadair float plane was parked up less than 5 miles from the fire but, I suspect, as it was Sunday the pilots were off duty... 

Lots to catch up on so ta ta for now!!

• Like 1

As threatened promised, here are a few photos from our recent holiday in France. I took over a 100 so you're getting off lightly............!

View from our French Home post-10142-0-59171100-1377029378_thumb.jpg                   

Domfront Medieval Festival post-10142-0-31166400-1377029577_thumb.jpg

Horse Show post-10142-0-90085700-1377029728_thumb.jpg                                                                     

River Loire viewed from the ramparts of the Chateau at Saumur  post-10142-0-31641800-1377029876_thumb.jpg

Thunderclouds post-10142-0-92330000-1377030065_thumb.jpg                                                         

Trotting Races    post-10142-0-95154900-1377030306_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ashcombe
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Glad things worked out ok Neil.

Are you a member of the 16mm Association. In the latest SMT there is a photo of the editor driving Polar Bear should be on the Island really.

Don

back in Leeds after a 9 day break in Porta Pollenca Mallorca where it was hot, sunny and made more interesting watching them water-bomb a fire caused by lightning strikes on the Alcudia side of the Bay....

As would be typical the water bomber was a land based plane - the Spanish Air force Canadair float plane was parked up less than 5 miles from the fire but, I suspect, as it was Sunday the pilots were off duty... 

The water bomber plane is based at the barracks at the end of the bay at PP, Barry.

That base improved my last holiday there as the bugle calls and live firing drowned out some of the noise of screaming kids.

(Other kids are available).

Good pics thanks Ashers.

• RMweb Premium

While you're in a good mood, Neil, and knowing your weaknesses - have you seen this on ebay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350856159689?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

didn't Dave Alexander do a kit for this?   or could you bodge it from some of Charlies (dc kits) bits??

SWMBO made a mercy dash to In Laws yesterday.

MiL thought that the flagged drive was dangerous.

It was - but not after SWMBO had spent the day power washing the whole area (quite large).

Some woman - 4.5 hours driving, 4 hours power washing!

No wonder supper was a bit late yesterday.

• Like 3

Good Morning folks, hump day again!   

Not much to report from here yet (though of course that may change later!)   Off to do battle with Prima-dona commissioning engineers & *****ng  stupid clients!  So a "Fun" day ahead!

Be good & careful, 

Trev