The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Just to make sure I won't forget to mention it - me and my girlfriend will be away over the Easter weekend as her uncle has his 60th birthday. Probably no internet access where we'll be staying, but if the weather holds I may be able to snap some railway photos :) .

Overcast around here and the air pressure's quite low - think that might mean more rain later on.

Later ;) .

No, only emergency supplies. Since there's a bar on the trains, on the farm and in the Jo'burg hotel I think 2 bottles of brandy will suffice for in between bar hours. :unsure:

Three cartons of cigatettes though since except the hotel, none of the other bars stock cigarettes, but what I think Gordon was actually referring to was books. B)

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is raining here and has been throughout the night I think.

I'm just off to take my wife for her blood-tests. It is easier for me to drive and then go and try to find somewhere to park nearby than to attempt to park at the clinic. We'll then come home so she can have breakfast and then set off to work.

Don, hope you have a good holiday.

Tony

Morning all! Have a good holiday, Don - enjoy the farm.

Late start today as I'm having a day working from home. Got a load of reading to do to get into my new subject area and I do that best away from the office. Made sure I had plenty milk in for endless cups of tea... :)

8 heavily leaking oktas here but no snow yet. Obviously a good day to choose to stay at home!

No, only emergency supplies. Since there's a bar on the trains, on the farm and in the Jo'burg hotel I think 2 bottles of brandy will suffice for in between bar hours. unsure.gif

Three cartons of cigatettes though since except the hotel, none of the other bars stock cigarettes, but what I think Gordon was actually referring to was books. cool.gif

Oh no he wasn't.....biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

• RMweb Gold

First day went ok, just a meeting with my boss and the previous postholder in the morning then a load of printing and answering questions about my old job in the afternoon!

Glad the first day went OK.

My wife decided to share her concerns (at 4am) about departmental reorganisation. Apparently her colleagues are convinced that that they will all have to apply for their own jobs. As my wife organises their "Tea Club" I'm sure her post is safe!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

I had an unpleasant bout of allergy today - woke up with swollen eyes and somewhat irritated skin around the face and neck. I suspected it might have had to do with dinner last night, which was a rather hot curry, but to be on the safe side I saw my doc in the afternoon. He concurred in that it was probably something food-related. Luckily I do have some antihistamines and will go and get a cream tomorrow. Other than that, all seems to be well, though - best of all I have no trouble breathing.

Morning All,

It is just getting light, and looks like it is going to be a reasonable day - if a little cloudy.

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

Dominik: Hope you are feeling better today.

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

Weather is wet and windy here. I've been out to put the rubbish bag. This is not a recycling week so it was quite a small bag and I hope it doesn't blow away! Matthew's Easter break starts tomorrow so I suspect he will be collecting a lot of homework today. My wife is going to be at home for 2 weeks writing a big chunk of her thesis so I'll be making tea a lot during the next few weeks.

Tony