The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

A better night's sleep than of late, reflecting cooler conditions. Today has dawned overcast but is expected to get into the low 20s in due course.

I ought to be busy in the garden, but aside from  the charms of RMweb I am actually doing some modelling tasks, on some low-relief buildings. Life is full of tough choices.

Hope your day goes well.

Edited by Oldddudders

• RMweb Gold

Nice Baot Mike. I wouldn't mind a trip in that. I would miss somewhere to walk though. We are unlikey to do any cruises as Marion doesn't enjoy the movement of the sea. It doesn't bother me. You know the feeling after a trip in a small boat when returning to shore that the ground is moving under your feet. I have had the same feeling after a day spent up a pole on a windy day. The best boat trip ever was being given the helm of a 26ft international racing yacht. When you are heeled over with the crew all hanging out the feeling of power is quite amazing nearly as good as opening the regulator on a King. Oddly enough I was getting paid for both days. Sometimes life is hard.

Don

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I hope your wardrobes are indeed commodious.

Stressful thing, setting up again.

Yes, I was referring to a wardrobe. I often confuse different types of furniture, regardless of whether it's in German, English or any other language. Same with clothes, actually!

It's been a stressful couple of days indeed, but seeing us making progress does feel rather good!

• Like 2

Good morning.

I have given up trying to catch up. Every rime I read a page of posts, another page full has been posted.

Thursday 1st August started normally. Had lunch and  lie down after but when I woke from my 'nap' I couldn't breath! I have never suffered from asthma, but I think that is what it must feel like. Doc came round and said I had had a heart episode! whatever that may mean and I had water on my lung!

Pill count went up from 10 a day to 15, and breathing rectified itself over time.

Funny thing, I have been a brandy drinker for the past 50 years and suddenly since the 'episode' I no longer enjoy my drink.

I have switched to  orange juice. The fresh nothing added  comes in a box variety. Even a glass of chilled white wine with my meal has lost it's appeal.

Anyway I am back with you and daily weather reports will resume.

Dull, grey, overcast, wet today! after two quite bright sunny, thouhj cold (18C) days. Today is back to 16C

Thanks for the messages noting my absence, though I was not raelly taking notice t the time, It had been heart warming reading in retrospect! :thankyou:

• RMweb Premium

Morning all and a great big GOOD MORNING to you DonBRadley.  Good to see you back.  Will read your post as soon as I post this.

Quiet day

You might like to note that if you get a Thumbs.jpg or other icon this usually means you've got 3 x Thumbs.jpgThumbs.jpgThumbs.jpg (or more) after the number of times I've clicked on them to make the one appear on your post.....now that's the up side of a GER :D   ... you've got more likes than you realize :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My big GER groan for the day is why do we get called "Ma darling" every time we go down to the local shop or cafe these days?  Makes me wanna............ I think I'd better keep quiet on that score in case I incriminate myself... :girldevil:

Have a good day

Edited by southern42

• RMweb Gold

Morning all and a particular 'welcome back' good morning for Don,

Pleased to see you're back with us Don and I hope you're well on the way to a very full recovery, shame about the brandy but whatever suits you and orange juice isn't all that bad (I understand).

Perhaps Polly should learn some of the local lingo to deal with her admirers in the retail trade?

Anyway proper job breakfast is in preparation here including some black pudding bought in Alton yesterday while I was engaged in the possibly more important shopping job of paying for my latest 2-8-0T and a shunters' truck - which for sentimental reasons if nothing else will remain in its inaccurate livery.

Have a good day one & all - bedlam starts shortly as the management gets the packing underway.

• Like 1

Sunny intervals here today, quite noisy with daughter and three granddaughters around. Very nice to see DonBradley back, just take it easy sir! I have experience of how frightening a myocardial infarction can be. Later today we swap three extra granddaughters for one grandson who will stay for a few days.

As NHN says, the tender Patricia looks like a good trip and just the same Madam Gruff is not a good sea-person so will not be partaking. Funny that SWMBO wants to go cruising (just to clarify, not the streets of Brighton or other cities). Hope Mr & Mrs Stationmaster have a good trip, freshly cooked seaweed can be excellent nourishment.

Seems like my services are required at a drinks canning site in Santiago, Chile at the end of the month. Never been there before so it will be interesting. My Spanish is very limited (to say the least).

Have a good day everyone.

Yes, I was referring to a wardrobe. I often confuse different types of furniture, regardless of whether it's in German, English or any other language. Same with clothes, actually!

"Commode" is quite accurate for a wardrobe type piece of furniture.

It's just that the term is more often used in that context by Antique Dealers these days.

The other meaning, is of course, a chair with a hole.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It's just that the term is more often used in that context by Antique Dealers these days.

....in the seat - hope you don't mind the clarification, DD :mosking:

• RMweb Gold

Glad to see Don back.

At one time I couldn't even tolerate the aroma of brandy. I can even drink it now.

Aditi found that she couldn't drink coffee at all while she was pregnant with Matthew!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

As NHN says, the tender Patricia looks like a good trip and just the same Madam Gruff is not a good sea-person so will not be partaking. Funny that SWMBO wants to go cruising (just to clarify, not the streets of Brighton or other cities). Hope Mr & Mrs Stationmaster have a good trip, freshly cooked seaweed can be excellent nourishment.

Thanks Gruff - a quick look at the 'extended outlook' for UK sea areas suggests we might be in for a little bit of a blow in both Niton and the southern part of Portpatrick so they've got us whichever way we go.

Shopping for the offspring has now been added to the 'to do' list with Dr Station Cat demanding Rob's Thai style prawn curry for next Sunday's meal - just as well I won't be in the house!  But I must say that although it's a long while - almost exactly 40 years - since I last had it a bit of lavabread fried up in bacon fat can be quite tasty but it isn't on the catering list (or wasn't last year) notwithstanding taking on stores in Swansea.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It was in the latter context that we had a teacher known as Mr Commode. His real name was Bedwell, and I think Sherry probably remembers him.

Good morning  all, welcome back Don.  Water leak was eventually fixed......ceiling has started to dry out too. 

The monster moths are still around, though they seem to prefer concrete to greenery!  Not much planed today they I do have a fair amount of paper work to catch up with.  

But first there's some American  bacon to thaw out and grill for brunch......

Have a good day, and be careful! 

Trev

post-4282-0-44768400-1376213844_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I often confuse different types of furniture, regardless of whether it's in German, English or any other language. Same with clothes, actually!

I bet you look quite fetching in a dress.

Aditi found that she couldn't drink coffee at all while she was pregnant with Matthew!

Good grief. Are you telling us that Don is pregnant?

Welcome back anyway Don and take care of yourself.