The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Yippee - just had a message that our boat's come in, or rather that there's been a cancellation and we are top of the reserve list.  

Alas Henry's problems had delayed us booking on the 'Patricia' and when I enquired after Henry's death I was told 'fully booked, for the whole season' so I asked to be placed in reserve for two particular cabins on various dates.  And now it seems someone has cancelled for next week's voyage so we are duly 'in', same stateroom as last year.

I'm beginning to get used to these last minute holiday bookings!  And once again we don't have a clue where we'll be going apart from - at the moment - joining at Swansea (which seems fairly likely as it's crew changeover day).  And now the west coast will be in for some grotty weather.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

No inclement weather so far today. My trip to the supermarket lasted longer than usual and I'm sure I'll be going again tomorrow.

The sky has darkened considerably in the last few minutes and it has just started raining. Quite convenient really as Aditi has just gone out to do some planting. I won't need to water in the new plants. The new loppers arrived today and as I suspected they are not going to allow Aditi to reach anything of significance but I will find them useful instead of leaning ladders insecurely to reach things like climbers and ramblers (roses not DDs type of rambler).

Tony

• Like 1

I want to know how they got rid of it..................Fatberg..........................I can use that name............maybe they should call it: Bob.

Best, Pete.

PS Why the big gaps in this page as if people have been writing using "Invisible Ink"????

• RMweb Gold

Tony: When people don't read my e-mails properly I make a comment about invisible ink.

Tony: When people don't read my e-mails properly I make a comment about invisible ink.

I get one 'Funny' and Beast gets four.

What's the matter with you lot?

Can you not see my post or something?

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I want to know how they got rid of it..................Fatberg..........................I can use that name............maybe they should call it: Bob.

Best, Pete.

PS Why the big gaps in this page as if people have been writing using "Invisible Ink"????

Pete

Well it may be due to this

Do you agree??

Ian

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Best, Pete.

Oi Pete, I know I said a few weeks ago that I wanted to lose some weight but there's no need to rub it in!  :nono:

Bob aka Lard##se

• RMweb Gold

It odd really the fat could be just the stuff washed off the plates whereas most of it will have been eaten and is now sitting on settee watching tv or walking the streets ........

Don

I get one 'Funny' and Beast gets four.

What's the matter with you lot?

Can you not see my post or something?

It's because some of us know that you really want to shoot Panda's.....

The cuter they appear the more you want to zap them...

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Tonight I have been banging around in the loft... well the copper pipes.

First off I had to clear a lot of boxes to get to the piped leading from the cold water storage tank then take them to the recycling point where the heavens opened os had to just sit in the car for a while.

Any way back up in the loft trying to knock any loose sediemnt in the pipes, we now have cold water runnig again so my other half is happy that she can have a shower without getting scolded (the hot water storage tank feed was fine).

Now its back to the serious issues in life - working on Czech TT and Britiah N scale!!

Ian

• Like 1

Wife and Daughter got blessed by Pope Frank yesterday (actually he seems like a nice guy) then visited the Sistine Chapel and (snarl of envy) Bramante's Staircase - double helix, no steps and wrong attribution. I've never seen it let alone walked up or down it.

Now they are on Capri - which really is one of my favourite places in the whole world (no railway but it does have your actual Funicular). I love that place, did I tell you? Forget Gracie Fields, trisonic likes it!

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Tomorrow is starting to get organised so I will be an even later than usual visitor - herself is off to meet up with some of her online quiz team folk in Lunnon so  myself and the Dr Station Cat have decided to make our way to Reading as I need to stock up with memory cards for the voyage next week plus Modelzone might be worth a passing look and Bill's for breakfast.  Also got the booking form and cheque to post to confirm my telephonic and email acceptance of the offer.

I hope the folk who had to drop out had full insurance cover as there seem to be no refunds and I've noticed that the period in advance for submitting full payment has moved out from last year's 2 weeks to 10 weeks this year (which might be associated with the fact that the prices have not been increased?)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Tonight I have been banging around in the loft... well the copper pipes.

First off I had to clear a lot of boxes to get to the piped leading from the cold water storage tank then take them to the recycling point where the heavens opened os had to just sit in the car for a while.

Any way back up in the loft trying to knock any loose sediemnt in the pipes, we now have cold water runnig again so my other half is happy that she can have a shower without getting scolded (the hot water storage tank feed was fine).

Now its back to the serious issues in life - working on Czech TT and Britiah N scale!!

Ian

That does not sound like good news Ian. If you have dislodged sediment in the pipe and it has gone into the shower unit it may cause more trouble. If there is a lot of sediment in the tank  plug the outlet with a tissue. Turnoff the cold feed and then drain the tank removing as much sludge as possible. Refill and allow to settle before removing the plug.

Don

• RMweb Premium

Evening all, been another day of little gains, ways to move around the house without hurting my back or harming Karen but letting her being independent as possible.At the moment I have to watch and make sure she doesn't overdo things. Tidying and cleaning continues but at a much slower pace 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That does not sound like good news Ian. If you have dislodged sediment in the pipe and it has gone into the shower unit it may cause more trouble. If there is a lot of sediment in the tank  plug the outlet with a tissue. Turnoff the cold feed and then drain the tank removing as much sludge as possible. Refill and allow to settle before removing the plug.

Don

Don

That is what I am xoncerned about although its not a power shower, just a geavity fed one so I can unscrew the shower head if need beand cleaning out the storage tank has been on the cards for a qhile so as soon as I get soem time and its not too hot up there, thats what I will be doing.

The good thing is that we still have running water upstairs this morning.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. Too little sleep... All messages from this afternoon onwards will originate some 400 kilometres further east, unless indicated otherwise!

Good morning all. 

Good luck with the move Dom - hope all goes well.

Dry start today, 13oC & waiting for the sun that has been promised.

One or two domestic tasks on the cards today.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob