The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

forgot to mention.....weather in Leeds ...very wet and mizzling

plumbers not here yet (well that is a surprise... not!!)

as one of my Army acquaintances used to say - Charge On!  Have a great day despite what is going on around you......

Barry O

• RMweb Gold

Just seen this on Facebook, posted by an RMwebber south of the Equator. Is this his last post?

"It appears one of our neighbours has been hoarding mine explosives in his house. Arrived home to find Police in attendance. Could be an interesting night ahead."

• RMweb Gold

Another disturnbed night as Holly needed to go out again. Cooler and greyer this morning with a few spots. Re: DDs photo of the elephants, it was seeing how farm animals were treated that made me become vegetarian. I won't elaborate it might spoil your diner.

Don

An overcast morning here in Surrey.

A little bit of commotion at Redhill station this morning with the Southern guard and platform staff dragging two yo ng hippie like blokes off the Victoria train, the two blokes responding with verbal abuse and fingers up at the staff.

These two blokes got on an FCC train that followed so no doubt FCC problem now!

I wonder if they had come from the Fracking protest at Balcombe.

Ian

Good Lord! Hippies still exist in the UK? Whatever happened to Peace, Love and Happiness?

Did someone tell them to Frack Off?

Have a nice week, everyone.

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good Lord! Hippies still exist in the UK? Whatever happened to Peace, Love and Happiness?

Did someone tell them to Frack Off?

Have a nice week, everyone.

Best, Pete.

I was careful not to just say 'Hippies' as you say there was no love in their ways!!

I bet the conducter wanted to say Frack Off with a 'U'.

They Fracked off on FCC :locomotive:

• RMweb Gold

Seen this morning in the Daily Tory Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/10215719/The-irresistible-allure-of-a-garden-train.html

I'll refrain from a comment of the size of some of these offerings.

Regards

Richard

Interestingly the pic of the Fawley Hill line looks remarkably like one which appeared on RMweb (not one of mine tho').

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

well it's a bit cloudy and dull outside but looking on the bright side according to the Met Office we are currently being assailed by 'heavy rain' so I can only conclude that we must have the wrong sort of cloud overhead.

Daily orders are hinting at things involving the vacuum cleaner so it will no doubt take me a long time to get through RMweb first - mind you if there are any more pics like the one Dave posted above it will take even longer as such gems need to be taken off and stored for future reference, even if they are slightly out of focus ;)

Have a good day one & all.

• Like 2

I was careful not to just say 'Hippies' as you say there was no love in their ways!!

I bet the conducter wanted to say Frack Off with a 'U'.

They Fracked off on FCC :locomotive:

I was imaging them stuck on that FGW train for over 5 hours - how to make Hell worse for others.............

Best, Pete.

• Like 2

The weather in Cardiff is overcast and miserable:.

Today's tasks complete - downstairs hoovered, bathroom cleaned (SWMBO reckons I do a good job) and the carpet in one room shampooed!

Time to catch up on RMWeb,

Dave

• RMweb Gold

The colour seems a bit off to me....  could be the wrong paint(!)

On a similar note I was getting mildly irritated with some relatives (Aditi's "side" of the family) who keep asking me to send information about MiL's impending cruise that I have supplied many times already, so I made a comment about "invisible ink" in my emails. Aditi thought this was really witty. I did admit that credit for its use was deserved elsewhere. 

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A pleasant lunch time interlude down at Saxmundham station - photographing an East Midlands 156 on the Ipswich - Lowestoft service (it's on temporary hire / loan).

Whilst there a nice old lady told me about an unusual post box on the other side of the station so I went off and found a VR (Victoria Regina) post box, with a flap over the slot - very unusual apparently.

Have a good afternoon all

and

Tony: When people don't read my e-mails properly I make a comment about invisible ink.

• Like 2