The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Green Salad makes  frequent appearance on our menus, usually as an accompaniment to lasagna, fish & chips (believe it or not), or some other totally inappropriate hot dish. My plate gets cleared bearing a pile of sliced cucumber carefully removed from said salad.!

In between rain showers, the clouds clear and the sun appears :sungum: .

Edited by DonBradley
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The mister in Morrisons is a dry ice mister. I too was concerned about water sprays so I Googled it when they first appeared!

I saw one for the first time last week. Gimmick or not it certainly attracted a large crowd of people all agreeing that it was kind of Morrison's to install a machine to keep them cool.

• RMweb Gold

We didn't have the chicken and veg (leftovers!) for lunch. Matthew said he would really like the meal intended for dinner tonight for lunch. As it was assorted vegetarian Indian stuff Aditi just accelerated the timings. As she is now on holiday for a few weeks she quite enjoys cooking. After the dal based disaster Matthew and I contrived in the week, it is nice to have someone who knows what it is supposed to look and taste like take charge.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all,

from Didcot we have returned - excellent day out, great company, nice to put faces to some very familiar names and hoping they too got home safely on their much longer journeys compared with our quick dap up the road.  Congratulations in the recognition stakes must go first to Grandadbob and then to Gruffalo, or perhaps our disguises weren't as good as we thought?  Nice weather with occasional showers, the first of which arrived as we were enjoying our picnic (only to be expected).  Castle arranged a couple of excellent guides for the half of the party he wasn't leading so we had a really good visit to the factory (which they seem to call 'a workshop' - and they claim to be Great Western :O ).  And I only managed to buy one book plus we had a bogof from 'The Daily Telegraph' so a very reasonable day out.

And very glad to see Deb back to posting and a lovely picture of Cody - he'll still be with you for a long time to come.

Glad everyone seems to be having good weekend and from Tony's latest post it is perhaps no bad thing that Aditi is taking over the kitchen for a while ;)

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

We've been having problems with Lily carting her water bowl around (wet floors abounding) but we cured it by using heavier bowls with no rim, and wider bases that she can't grip with her teeth - now about these cushions?

post-103-0-69627900-1375035392.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening all...

We ended up at a Greek restaurant near here and will be saving the barbecue for tomorrow. I'm keeping an eye on the weather updates currently, so as to be able to judge whether I'll be kept from sleeping by any thunder-boomers!

Good to see you posting again, Debs – and I think the photo you posted really says it in a nutshell how I personally think Cody would want you to remember him.

• RMweb Premium

Evening all...

We ended up at a Greek restaurant near here and will be saving the barbecue for tomorrow. I'm keeping an eye on the weather updates currently, so as to be able to judge whether I'll be kept from sleeping by any thunder-boomers!

Ear plugs work a treat.

• RMweb Gold

preparing to head out to Diss to photograph a pair of WCR 57s on an ECS in an hour or so.

I had a lovely day out yesterday courtesy of Nenta Tours and West Coast Railway, I would imagine it involved the train you photographed today Dave

If people are interested in the details they are here

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/74396-783-mile-round-trip-to-photograph-a-railtour-is-this-a-record/&do=findComment&comment=1110522

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Ear plugs work a treat.

I don't think Monty would accept me putting them in his ears

post-8525-0-95874300-1375040001_thumb.jpg

quite a big plug would be needed.

Don

Edited by Donw
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Evening folks, and a big hi! to Debs.

Had a full day driving at Groudle Glen, wasn't expecting that, it appears I was under a form of surruptitious assessment!  Drove the Steamplex in the morning and Sea Lion in the afternoon, really enjoyed it and there were no disasters!

As fot the kayak, we haven't been out in it this year for obvious reasons, but hope to start again next season, with both engines then repaired.....but a year older which may reduce our sea speed somewhat.

OK, off to recover from the days exertions.

Oh, Debs, is your Manx relation 'JL' by any chance?  Speaks (in RP) on Manx radio??

NHN

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

What a day!

started off with rain .... my colleague failed  turn up so I umpired on my own for 85 overs - got wet through three times - winning 6 hit just before the last deluge.. all played in teh best possible spirit of cricket..

Glad to see you back Debs although I have seen some of your ratings.

Off for some red wine then bed before more builders appear tomorrow....

• Like 2

I thought perhaps I should be making more posts outside of ERs so I started a thread - about posts.

Unfortunately, my breakthrough research and pictures have fallen upon deaf ears.

Maybe the modelling world isn't ready for such advanced reference systems.

• Like 2

Good Morning all,   a very rare thing for  me -- I overslept this morning (by 45 minutes)  I normally beat the alarm by 30seconds!  Hmmm (and of course I had forgot to set said alarm lady!) 

Managed to get a little bit of modeling done yesterday too.  

What ever you're up to today,  

Try and be good at it.

Trev.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I thought your posts of posts very artistic.

In a post-modernistic sort of way.

Seriously - some fantastic texture there.

I continue to marvel at those columns with their delicately measured lines.