The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Ian. Cool.

Did you take a look at the body shells of the Kato Heritage locos on display at the TrainWorld website btw?

Best, Pete.

No but I will have a look as will be getting the N gauge ones whrn they come out. Luckily my other half is buying some as she wants me to build a roundhouse to display them on tbe next USA layout.

Ian

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Today I shall be mainly wasting my time using time constructively on here and otherwise watching my new DVD "Steaming Through the West Country" that our hard working posty has just delivered.

Herself has gone to the Tatty Park Flower thingy with her U3A mates; more plants arriving later no doubt?

Best wishes to all suffering the wrath of the storms; we are due for that later today when I shall be taking a swift return visit to Lincoln, my vehicle 'pretending' to be a taxi for a friend.

Hey ho,

Quack. 

• Like 1

Good morning all,   

Last Saturday of the month, so no traffic movement before 10am...Suns shining, temperature forecast to not exceed 28C, rain & thunder forecast for later.   

Found this African "Stealth Bomber" drying out yesterday....looked for it half-hour later and it had gone....

Enjoy what ever you're up to today, 

Be good 

Trev

post-4282-0-65884500-1374913297.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

morning all!

Grey but warm this am. May need my waterproof coat later as showers are expected. 

Headingley full of very noisy graduates (and parents) last night - I expect there will be one or two sore heads today...

Have a great day everyone - and Many thanks for your thanks for the picture of me and the herbert - a pair of "Tu Tus"!

Barry O

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

And now - morning all,

bit cooler here today and last night but thh promised rain has been deferred until this evening - no problem as long as it isn't deferred until tomorrow and also lands on Didcot. 

Looks like Pete needs a touch of home what with a Branston Pickle shortage and pills containing morphine - well I'm sure our local Tesco has the former and as there's a farm not far away with a good crop of opium poppies this year I reckon we could probably help on that score too, or at least the company which will harvest them can.  Quiet day expected otherwise so have a  good one all of you and we'll see those that are there tomorrow (we might now be coming mob-handed as son has decided he would also like to come - if there's room for him in the group).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good news: research has shown that 'night owls' are more likely to be evil than early risers.

Apparently it's an evolutionary trait stemming from when the hours of darkness concealed various nefarious activities. Some animals use the cover of darkness to steal* females from the more dominant male.

* other euphemisms are available.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I think I may just about qualify as awake. I found a cold cup of tea not long ago and so I suspect Aditi has been up and about for hours. I can hear snipping noises from the garden so i suspect some beat the forecast (for thunderstorms) pruning is being done.

We had a barbecue last night and invited the neighbours who had been broken into earlier in the week. They are still in a state of shock and not finding it easy to sleep. They said the local police were thorough and helpful, and their insurance will be providing a new door and frame. 

My fan venting improvements (last week) have proved so successful Aditi said I can now safely paint the en-suite ceiling. I think I could start thinking about it. At least I won't have to crawl around the loft replacing the standard fan with a super-power (and price) replacement.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

I have a large jar in the motorhome which needs using up (reducing stock before moving) if you want to pop round Pete.

I was suprised at PH's reference to an unusual rodent. We always seem to have voles around. Then I remembered his address quite a bit away. One year I found they had nested in the mower and there were half a dozen babies in it. Left it alone for an hour mother vole (or perhaps Mr is a 'new vole') had collected and rehomed all the young. I was then able to continue mowing.

Slightly annoyed there is an exhibition on in Minehead next weekend when I need to be on the Island and will need to be in Minehead later in the week. If all the solicitors (not ours she was ready three weeks ago) had got their fingers out we would have been there. How little control we have of our lives.

Don

• RMweb Gold

I was wondering if we could post Branston out to Pete, but with the new post office rules it's probably a 'dangerous substance'.

Branston has always been a dangerous substance.

• RMweb Gold

Once again "she who must" has surprised me! I've been waiting (with bated breath) since my first post this morning to be hit with a list of "requests" for assistance with various domestic tasks.

Well my gob is well & truly smacked because she has said that no help is required because she's saving everything for something to do tomorrow while "you are out looking at trains (at Didcot) so you might as well go upstairs & play with your train set or whatever it is you do up there! (no other suggestions need to be made at this point).

Puzzled of Sutton :scratchhead:

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Once again "she who must" has surprised me! I've been waiting (with bated breath) since my first post this morning to be hit with a list of "requests" for assistance with various domestic tasks.

Well my gob is well & truly smacked because she has said that no help is required because she's saving everything for something to do tomorrow while "you are out looking at trains (at Didcot) so you might as well go upstairs & play with your train set or whatever it is you do up there! (no other suggestions need to be made at this point).

Puzzled of Sutton :scratchhead:

Perhaps she has something expensive in mind and is softening you up!

Don

• RMweb Premium

Couldn't resist - am I first today?

P

OK so I wasn't first, but first to post (for which I apologise) and that is only because I am doing a cover 'shift' at the moment and was up at 04.00 and home by 05.35 (yup. short shrift.....) :spiteful: For any bus addicts it happens that I'm tasked with cleaning the local bus station and 'associated' facilities, that have fortunately been left remarkably 'unsullied' during this last week; (must be the good weather?)  :telephone:

This thread is addictive. I had originally stated that 'I would never post again'. Is this how it goes on here?

Sincerely,

B.O.G. Mopping.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This thread is addictive. I had originally stated that 'I would never post again'. Is this how it goes on here?

Sincerely,

B.O.G. Mopping.

By Jove, I think he's got it! :yes:

You are now on a fast track to triviality,senility,joviality & frequent informed opinion. (Oh & friendship) :friends:

• Like 2