The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Only a few turn inhuman..........she managed to get someone fired from her Lawyer's office this week.....

Not the version in the UK press! If she has as much sense as money I think it may be former lawyer's office. Not sure how you sack a partner in a law firm!

I've read all Ms Rowling's Harry Potter books but none of the adult novels. I haven't read any Anthony Trollope or Jane Austen. I may have started some though. 

I believe I may be considered fortunate in that I have not knowingly heard or seen any of Mr Justin Bieber's performance. 

Tony

• Like 2

Only a few turn inhuman..........she managed to get someone fired from her Lawyer's office this week.....

Whose tea/coffee stain Ian?

Best, Pete.

My sympathies are with Ms Rowlings in this case, lawyers are supposed to keep stum about there clients , who knows what other little tid-bits they let slip when they should not.

Laurence

Morning all from the boring boring borough. Thank Feck its Friday. The end to quite possibly the worst work week I've had in years. Culminating with a phone call on my own mobile last night from the d-bag that was the centre of the fustercluck demanding I work through the night to implement a hotfix. This is the same idiot that has been beating everyone in sight with the rule book and berating anyone who took short cuts to try and get the project back on track. I took great delight in referring to our corporate policies and telling him that he needed to get approval from my line manager before I was authorised to do out of hours work. It would also push me past the 48 hour week which our company adheres to. My line manager is on leave for the next 2 weeks as well. Returning just in time for me to go on leave. Sometimes the little victories are sweet. Needless to say I've also removed my personal phone # from the corporate directory.

Andrew, thank you for reminding me about IT users/managers/overnight support and why I don't miss it in the least! 

• RMweb Gold

My sympathies are with Ms Rowlings in this case, lawyers are supposed to keep stum about there clients , who knows what other little tid-bits they let slip when they should not.

Laurence

Having had a quick Google, I'm with you. The lady writes something in a new genre, under a new name so does not seek to capitalise on her fame to make sales - and gets outed in poor circs. The price of fame can be high and quite unexpected at times, I'm sure.

• RMweb Premium

Evening All

Gosh it was hot today - cracking t' flags as they say - here's the thermometer in my porch (North facing)

post-103-0-60011200-1374256831_thumb.jpg

Now down to business in order of priority - I've been absent for a couple of days, and Debs comes in with her sad news - many kind words have been said, and I can only add my own to those already posted.  The loss of a much loved companion animal is never easy, even when the final decision is also the final act of love - the bad times will pass, and the happy memories will flow - on our Sussex Spaniel webgroup we often refer to the loss of a dog as going to Rainbow Bridge which is where dogs go to wait for their owners to arrive to join them.

Happy birthday Barry.

Oh yes, and I personally really enjoyed the Harry Potter books, and still get a lot of pleasure from listening to then read by Stephen Fry.  I made a bit of a killing selling some first editions of the special versions on Ebay at the peak of their popularity - I sold all seven to different buyers, (one was not a true first) and made a pretty decent four figure profit which I used to buy one of my much loved guitars.

Anyhows, it's hot and a large cool can of beer is calling, so..

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 2

Tour de France. Open golf. Ashes Test.

And here's me with only two eyes.

Madam Gruffalo's elderly (94) widowed aunt is staying. She is hard of hearing but loves all the television I hate so no TdF, no Ashes Highlights, no Open and my ears are being bombarded with every ****** soap opera going! If I post no more, you'll know I couldn't take any more!

So hate me because I dislike  Ms. Rowlings - I can take it. I still say she is second rate.

Oh, I dislike Bieber even more - didn't you lot get that?

Thirdly I bet she moves to Harbottle and Lewis...

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Gold

Madam Gruffalo's elderly (94) widowed aunt is staying. She is hard of hearing but loves all the television I hate so no TdF, no Ashes Highlights, no Open and my ears are being bombarded with every ****** soap opera going! If I post no more, you'll know I couldn't take any more!

My Mum didn't like to miss her favourite TV programmes when she came. She especially seemed to like obscure Australian soaps where everyone seemed to be having some sort of crisis. Matthew asked "Does Grandma ever watch anything cheerful?"

We did manage to get her interested in T20 cricket and (ice) hockey though. With the hockey I think she was hoping to see a brawl develop, and pretend to be shocked.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I think the tele would go out of order. I would rather miss my favourites than listen to (seeing as I would probably have my nose in a railway mag) the soaps either that or I would be in another room. In general if we have visitor the tele is off. If they want to watch it they could stay at home. The purpose of visiting is to see and talk with people. If someone asked nicely to see a particular item I would oblige it is the genral background of innanities I cannot stand.

Regarding JK. I read and enjoyed all the HP books but I am still a kid at heart. I thought the writng quite good in that things that seemed incidental at the time become important factors in later books. I enjoyed them more than some of the Dickens which were depressing. The Jane Austen ones are brilliant and I still love Wind in the Willows after nearly sixty years.

Debs probably best to feel the pain now let the tears flow. Do your grieving only then can you move on.

• RMweb Premium

Glad, now, I popped back - save me trawling through even more posts tomorrow morning.  My, everyone has been busy posting - must be the heat.... :jester:

Sport? What's that?  I've only seen paint and a paint brush, today....Oh...and the seaside - to get my long-sleeved shirt back.  If it wasn't so thin, I would call it a denim jacket....

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Barry....

Back to Camel Quay, now, and more painting......

Polly

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I think the tele would go out of order. I would rather miss my favourites than listen to (seeing as I would probably have my nose in a railway mag) the soaps either that or I would be in another room. In general if we have visitor the tele is off. If they want to watch it they could stay at home. The purpose of visiting is to see and talk with people. If someone asked nicely to see a particular item I would oblige it is the genral background of innanities I cannot stand.

My mother's visits weren't day stays, she was here for weeks or a month. 

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Summer continues over here and the forecast sees us up to 34°C by Tuesday. In my impression, everything's a bit quieter around here these days, most likely due to the holidays.

We also made arrangements for our move to be carried out on 6 and 7 August. I'm sure this will be occupying my mind a lot...

'mornin all,  another (relatively)  cold and dismal day ahead here....just starting to get light.  About five + hours on the road today, just got to go check on the commissioning on one of my projects.  

So whatever your up to today,  try and enjoy some of it!

Trev.

That's an idea, Trev!

Heat wave expected to break today. We had a storm last night but instead of feeling better afterwards it just got hotter and more humid!      Actually quite uncomfortable.

The big dome of hot high pressure air is expect to move out into the Atlantic by Sunday.

Have a good day, everybody. Pete.