The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

My mind is boggled by the concept of a bazooka band.

ISTR a fellow passenger reading a well-known gutter-tabloid, which had the remarkable caption to a pic of a smiling young 'lady' - "I'm going for new bazookas" says Mandy (or whoever).

ISTR a fellow passenger reading a well-known gutter-tabloid, which had the remarkable caption to a pic of a smiling young 'lady' - "I'm going for new bazookas" says Mandy (or whoever).

It's a brass musical instrument that can be played with comparatively little skill - I found the sound as something of a cross between bagpipes and a cat wailing.

No South Wales Miners Gala was complete without several bands of youngsters playing them. Unfortunately I cannot find a picture of one amongst my Gala pictures.

Dave

• Like 1

Morning all, tired as 10 spiders today. Woke up thinking it was raining but it was the cat cleaning herself. There are two air con units here but at the cost of energy here I would need an extra £10,000 income a year to run them.

Oh, frack!

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Dunno about bazooka bands but there is a chap that plays a flaming tuba outside of Camden Town tube.

With a tuba on the Tube, I wonder about a piccolo on the Piccadilly, and there must be more out there just waiting for what ERs do best!

• RMweb Gold

With a tuba on the Tube, I wonder about a piccolo on the Piccadilly, and there must be more out there just waiting for what ERs do best!

If you couldn't play an instrument you could always Clapham. Not sure what you would do at the north end of the Piccadilly Line though.

• RMweb Premium

Bazooka bands were all the rage in County Durham when I was a kid.  It was the twirling batons that scared me!!

update from loft - plaster boards in place - pressurised water tank in place - first fit plumbing in place..... sparkies been, done and gone!!

NOT watching the test it just winds me up........

• Like 1

You're welcome to that DD.

Decided to go out and take some photos in the rose garden of Roath Park in Cardiff.

Got there and decided it was far too hot and came back home - it didn't help that the flowers were past their best.

Dave

• RMweb Gold

I'm in a clasrrom, windows wide but temp up to 34.  Not as bad as DD but I'm about to add 30 hot and uncomfotable teenagers ..........

Edited by BoD

• RMweb Premium

I'm in a clasrrom, windows wide but temp up to 34. Not as bad as DD but I'm about to add 30 hot and uncomfotable teenagers ..........

I certainly sympathise, having been through that frequently enough!

Today I bade adieu to my beloved Cody...........

More than 12 years of loyalty, total love and deep joy!........I know I have been blessed and privileged; I feel utterly bereft without him, but to keep him a moment longer would have been selfish.

Rest peacefully, Codes!.......My love to you always, my dear old-lad!

"Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno"

Edited by Debs.

Debs, they are only on loan to us for a while - they give love and affection and a lot of joy, but too soon (in our terms) they have to be given back. He will always have a place in your heart, where the hole is currently, but his memory will be with you always. My very sincere sympathy for yor loss

Jack