The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Happy Saturday all.

Anyone attending a Model Railway Exhibition?

Anyone planning a Model Railway modelling session?

I watched a TV film the other day about a Doctor/Surgeon who himself has to undergo hospitalization and surgery. At one stage one gets a very brief  view of a model railway with two trains circling. (Lionel type layout but sceniced) (I'll try to find it's name)

Partly cloudy today and still cool at 21C. Colder vwith rain promised for Sunday.

Have a GREAT weekend all.

Lovely long holiday planned Coombe Barton. Enjoy! :blum: :imsohappy:

Edited by DonBradley

Good Saturday morning all  .....

Another working day for me (and I few others I guess). Might get a bit of modeling done this afternoon Don, if I dont get back to late..

Whatever the rest of you are up to,  keep an eye out for DD's knock,  poor thing is obviously lost......!

Enjoy your day

Trev. 

• RMweb Gold

I'm off to the Hornby Magazine exhibition at Hartlepool tomorrow Don.

Today I'm post processing and printing wedding photographs.

No I cannot figure it out much either! The bright red dots must be FRED

What is FRED?

It's a time exposure so could the red dots be a flashing red light (FRED?) on the rear of a train?

That's enough about knockers - wish I hadn't mentioned it.

Also, almost wish the 'fault' had been found.

We could fry eggs on the pavement today - if we had pavements and if we enjoyed eggs a la gravel.

Hope Debs has taken her camera to Anglesey today.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Up early as 30747 has a course at work that starts before the first bus leaves here.

I'll call in later.

Neil - if you're on the mainland and up North, the Littledale Light Railway's open tomorrow

Regards to All

Stewart

Thanks for the reply BoD.

Will a Magazine Exhibition comprise displays of pages of magazines?

or will there be demonstrations of techniques expounded in the magazine?

Is the shunting puzzle still progressing?

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, up early this morning, before 6.00 am to pick up daughters. Bright sunny day again and time to get some work in before british gas come and change the meter. Maybe had they changed it before when I first asked I wouldn't be in so much debt and they wouldn't be trying to remove £300 a month out of my bank account.  According to my meter I use 21kwh to 25kwh per day (4bed detached built in the early nineties) any comparisons?

Thanks for the reply BoD.

Will a Magazine Exhibition comprise displays of pages of magazines?

or will there be demonstrations of techniques expounded in the magazine?

Is the shunting puzzle still progressing?

Of course one mustn't get confused with a Magazine Exhibition of military ordnance!

Door shuts with a loud bang....

Ps - Great War remnants considering the location? No monkeying about by any visitors.

Edited by Gruffalo

I'm off to the Hornby Magazine exhibition at Hartlepool tomorrow Don.

Today I'm post processing and printing wedding photographs.

What is FRED?

It's a time exposure so could the red dots be a flashing red light (FRED?) on the rear of a train?

Flashing

Rear

End

Device

I've got those DD, We've already started eating them except my Wife calls them Zucchini (well,she would, wouldn't she)?

Best, Pete.

Morning all, up early this morning, before 6.00 am to pick up daughters. Bright sunny day again and time to get some work in before british gas come and change the meter. Maybe had they changed it before when I first asked I wouldn't be in so much debt and they wouldn't be trying to remove £300 a month out of my bank account.  According to my meter I use 21kwh to 25kwh per day (4bed detached built in the early nineties) any comparisons?

Presumably you have electricity too, so it's a hefty usage on power, Mick.

Although, with 3 years of rotten weather, I think we've all been heavy on consumption.

5 bed detached built 50's, with cavity wall and double glazing, 3 occupants, cooking on electric (no gas) and we average 7kwh per day if that helps.

• RMweb Gold

Flashing

Rear

End

Device

What's the quote? Separated by a common language?

Don: it is a model railway exhibition but organised (or sponsored) partly by one of the hobby's magazines. The puzzle is progressing, albeit slowly (the story of my life at the moment).

I have just checked on my topic about it and the last post was by Simon.

Poignant.

Edited by BoD

• RMweb Gold

Ouch! That's a lot!

Can I suggest your gas appliances are checked?

We used to have an old floor standing boiler. The amount of gas we used would run the street....

Regards,

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Weather set to be hot for days to come. I'll just have to cope. I may even start barbecuing for one!

Coffee with Sheena produced a box of eggs (they had been ordered from friend Alison and I paid for them) two courgettes and some raspberries. Sheena having divested herself of most of her livestock is able to spend more time in her garden, which suits her self-sufficiency stuff-the-supermarket outlook on life. I, OTOH, went to Super U in the afternoon for a weekly top-up! 

Traincrash south of Paris looks horrid, with victims mutilated and electrocuted, apparently. No, I don't watch French tv, so all my info is via the Internet. "Worst in 25 years" is reassuring, however. UK cannot make any such claims, with many, many lives lost in multiple accidents in that period.

Hope your weekend goes well.

Morning all.

SWMBO gone for pre-holiday donate-money-to-the-hairdresser-so-I'd-better-notice-when-she-gets-back.

I'm cleaning barbecue - more of that tonight. Off to collect caravan soon so it's a time of cleaning and regeneration. And it's hot.,

Morning all

Traincrash south of Paris looks horrid, with victims mutilated and electrocuted, apparently. No, I don't watch French tv, so all my info is via the Internet. "Worst in 25 years" is reassuring, however. UK cannot make any such claims, with many, many lives lost in multiple accidents in that period.

One of my greatest fears has been being electrocuted after a train crash. I understood that it "couldn't happen", and I've not heard of it happening before.

Ed

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It was overcast when I woke up at 5am. So I went back to sleep and by the time I was awake it was sunny. Perhaps late rising causes global warming?

I'm not doing much today. If we do go to Hampton Court on Sunday I've persuaded Aditi that we should go by train and they do seem to be not subject to engineering work on any of the sensible routes there.

Aditi has arranged a dental appointment and a visit to the hairdresser so I assume I shall have to do something sensible while she is out today. 

Tony