The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all from the boring departure lounge at Heathrow T4, I got here 2 days before my departue as instructed and I now await my gate.

09:45 I leave, do not look up ...

Have a good day ya all,see you in the US.

• Like 3

Morning all from the boring departure lounge at Heathrow T4, I got here 2 days before my departue as instructed and I now await my gate.

09:45 I leave, do not look up ...

Have a good day ya all,see you in the US.

Bon voyage! :bye:

• Like 1

I'm confused. Is  it DD's dish washer or his laundry machine that's become unstuck? I can't imagine Columbo's overcoat in the dish washer, athough t does look as though that's where it's been.

Good morning on a mostly clear morning. I overslept and didn't wake till ten to seven, so had no time to log on before breakfast.

Temperature currently 15C though since there's no wind it feels warmer than it has over the past few days when the South Easter gave rise to a chill factor.

Although the lunch menu does NOT say fish, it's Friday!

Plan your weekend to include some railway related activity

Bon Voyage Beast!

Edited by DonBradley
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

what sort of time is this, is there life on earth at this time of day?  Anyway a spot of leg cramp and a 'nice cuppa' resulted in early getting out of bed but not too early on here as herself has first dibs on the keyboard of a morning.

Hope Dave has a good flight - drop us the flight number and we can all track it if we have nothing better to do, this one is quite good fun  -

http://www.flightradar24.com/

As today is Friday we are having an adventure - the local road traffic will be approaching nightmare and gridlock status within a few hours so we will be doing the decent thing and heading for Waitrose in the Oxford Road in Reading (which is somewhat better than our local version - notwithstanding what the toffs and one-upmanship brigade might think what with it being opposite a former council estate, next to an industrial estate and within sight of the railway).  And in addition this will give an opportunity to visit Modelzone in Reading and see what might be going in the way of useful things like paint and plastic card etc in their 'liquidation' sale - so I must get the printing press warmed up.

Have a good day one & all.

• Like 2

Its a nice sunny morning in the boring borough. Off today so a sleep in was mandatory. Although some clown didn't get the memo and my company mobile started ringing at 7:30. Its now switched off and hiding in my sock drawer for the next 3 days.

Today I shall mostly be: enjoying a bacon & egg bagel and spending the day in the shed. Just me and the layout.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I have just been advised that the Obergrumpenfuhrer will be away Saturday afternoon, overnight and most of Sunday on a Girlguiding UK related event.

Obviously she told me ages ago, but it must have slipped my mind.

I can feel a trip to DEMU on Sunday is now definitely on the cards.

A light and  high overcast here at present, so more gardening time this afternoon.

I hasten to add that this will be giving the lawn a short back and sides, then quickly moving onto engineering matters for the garden line, as I am unaware of any digging or lifting of heavy weights, to which dear readers of my drivel will know, is all I am trusted to accomplish in an unsupervised role.

Regards

Richard

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Already 20C here but I don't think it will get much warmer than the low 20s. 

So far Friday is more relaxed than usual as Aditi has a day off. It seems very quiet here, so I suspect the local school may be having a training day. They had sports day yesterday.

I think I will be out in the garden today. I have got rid of all the stuff that shouldn't be in the summerhouse. Now I need to remove all the stuff that is meant to be in there and lay the flooring we purchased some time ago. Nothing too complicated, just interlocking flexible tiles.

The space I tidied in the garden for the BBQ now would appear to be perfect for more fruit plants. I have been asked to research something called a Tayberry.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S

• RMweb Gold

Its a nice sunny morning in the boring borough. Off today so a sleep in was mandatory. Although some clown didn't get the memo and my company mobile started ringing at 7:30. Its now switched off and hiding in my sock drawer for the next 3 days.

Today I shall mostly be: enjoying a bacon & egg bagel and spending the day in the shed. Just me and the layout.

Happy 5th July.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Nothing much to report. Weather last evening was balmy, so dinner on the terrasse, facing the setting sun, was really nice. This morning has dawned gloomy and overcast, but we are promised 25 degrees later. The weekend is forecast to be 28, so Summer appears to be here.

A bit of shopping today, ahead of the Le Mans Story at the circuit this weekend. This mainly consists of elderly French cars, most of which make more of their aerodynamics than their engine capacity, so are not utterly me. Saturday evening I am invited to a mechoui - a pit is dug and a sheep is spitroasted in it. This will take place only a stone's-throw from a posh caravan site (with chateau & lake) where another ERs person parked her family caravan a few years back.

Hope Friday looks after you and ushers in a sunny and fulfilling weekend for all.

Edited by Oldddudders
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Already 20C here but I don't think it will get much warmer than the low 20s. 

So far Friday is more relaxed than usual as Aditi has a day off. It seems very quiet here, so I suspect the local school may be having a training day. They had sports day yesterday.

I think I will be out in the garden today. I have got rid of all the stuff that shouldn't be in the summerhouse. Now I need to remove all the stuff that is meant to be in there and lay the flooring we purchased some time ago. Nothing too complicated, just interlocking flexible tiles.

The space I tidied in the garden for the BBQ now would appear to be perfect for more fruit plants. I have been asked to research something called a Tayberry.

Tony

Never, ever 'tidy up' in the garden because the management will inevitably come up with an 'idea' to fill any space you have just created - and this will inevitably involve tasks such as digging and lifting heavy things.

And aren't Tayberries some sort of modern genetically concocted sort of thing - hardly 'English garden', especially with a Scottish name  (further excuses supplied to order).

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Never, ever 'tidy up' in the garden because the management will inevitably come up with an 'idea' to fill any space you have just created - and this will inevitably involve tasks such as digging and lifting heavy things.

And aren't Tayberries some sort of modern genetically concocted sort of thing - hardly 'English garden', especially with a Scottish name  (further excuses supplied to order).

It would appear to be a cross between a blackberry and a raspberry, some sort of super Loganberry. If Aditi orders one, it will be from Essex grown stock so it should be OK. I think if we removed the plants from are garden that were not of English origin we might have a lot of grass and ivy.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Lie in ( her indoors can't go swimming as the grammar school starts holidays today) - done

Shopping - done

Builders start  work - done (7:30 this am(!))

Plumber to move header tanks - under way.

Busy sorting out boxes of bits from the loft - sons' gear in way of mower so gardening time = 0

Sunny, warm and a gentle breeze here in Leeds - double header games Sat and Sunday so a busy weekend coming up.

Hope you have an enjoyable Friday and a great weekend!

• Like 3

Our minimum temperature today is 24C.

It got rather hot yesterday and the humidity swung wildly - it ended up a comfortable evening at about 30C wit low humidity. Amazing how one gets used to hot weather..

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Resit hand in day here - deadline noon - excuses include "But It's only half an hour late"

I sure hope there won't be any such chancers at my new school! :O

Had a very nice end-of-term do at the school I'd been working at for the past 16 months and I'll certainly miss the people there. I'm sure I'll be keeping in touch with some of them at least, though!

This but means that this image, too, is now a document of personal history:

img_132147s8w.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

A small update - duly visited Modelzone and stocked up with various paints, Woodland Scenics stuff and a few lineside kits & pieces plus a handful of Bachmann wagons and it was nice to see the staff in a reasonably happy frame of mind, albeit obviously concerned about their future.  Mrs Stationmaster has a habit when shopping of buying items in bogoffs or '3 for 2' or otherwise reduced and pointing out that 'it's stuff I would have bought anyway'.  So she was quite understanding when I explained to her that was exactly what I was doing, I think she was even more understanding once she'd confirmed that it was my debit card I was using, and she was even more understanding when I paid the bill in 'Bill's' after our little repast.

Now downright hot here.

• RMweb Gold

Can someone explain to me why flies are clever enough to get into our conservatory via the windows, but are unable to get out and so decide to batter themselves to death in the roof?

R

I found a roof light in the conservatory was a great help.

Don