The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Can't think of anything witty at the moment. I woke up in the night and couldn't get back to sleep. The main thing working its way through my brain was the stuff I've got to sort out for student finance. I'm surprised that the web site is so complex. I thought going to university now consisted of your child getting the grades and parents sending money but even if you don't qualify for anything you still have to register. We ended up in a flurry of help screens and pdf downloads. I think the over-stimulation of my ageing brain caused me to wake up.

Tony

Over stimulation of the brain sounds serious....I must try and avoid that.

Had a tip off about these last night. Just what the follicly challenged railway modeller needs. I'm going to look really trendy in one of these....smile.gif

http://www.ppekit.co...32927&network=s

The instructions sound pretty scary though...

http://www.ppekit.co.uk/images/pdf/COLTAN.pdf

• RMweb Gold

Had a tip off about these last night. Just what the follicly challenged railway modeller needs. I'm going to look really trendy in one of these....smile.gif

I can lend you some high viz stuff to go with that - apparently these days if you wear this nothing can harm you.

• RMweb Gold

I wonder if my (taller) brother would be offended if I bought him one. He doesn't have the benefit of head hair and when I saw him last week he looked as if someone had attempted scalping. He has just moved house and hasn't learned to duck instinctively in his new home yet.

I think I probably mentioned it last year, but on the trains I travel on on holiday the compartment windows only open about the top 9 inches. Getting my head through that opening also causes scalp wounds. I can't wear a cap, it would blow away. So on my return my head will resemble Gordon's!

• RMweb Gold

I think I probably mentioned it last year, but on the trains I travel on on holiday the compartment windows only open about the top 9 inches. Getting my head through that opening also causes scalp wounds. I can't wear a cap, it would blow away. So on my return my head will resemble Gordon's!

You would have a problem on our local trains, no opening windows at all.

• RMweb Gold

In case of emergency, break glass!

There are notices explaining how to do that. (I'm not sure even in an emergency I would be able to squeeze through a 9 inch gap!)

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Evening Again

Well, it appears that the new policy at work is being quite rigidly applied, and if an unofficial looking screen is noticed, the perpetrator is being asked if he or she is on a break. It just happened to me as I was typing this, as I am in until 18.30 tonight.

As to the age of the PCs that we are using, they are actually about five years old, but they are used mainly as terminals to access mainframe applications so the lack of RAM capacity is not so vital. I suspect that I picked up the numbers wrongly from the techie yesterday, but the RAM was half what it should have been - they were done with two RAM cards, and it appears that somebody removed one from my machine at some time.

Many Oktas here today, and predicted that they will all leak overnight - there's a surprise. Back onto full hours and full duties next week unless the medicos tell me any different - mixed feelings over that, I must say, but it's better than being stuck at home - I have the BT Vision on demand TV service, and although it's a little flaky sometimes, it did give me masses more stuff to watch when I was ill and actually helped keep me sane - it has improved vastly in reliability and content since I got it (when it was being rolled out, and I was one of the guinea pigs for it).

Morning all. Well, the Bill went through, so the Deer Commission will soon be merged with SNH. Was shattered last night so went to bed at 10 - almost unheard of for me!

Getting up early again today in the hope of starting and finishing work early...!

Have a good Friday, everyone!

• RMweb Gold

Certainly makes me appreciate the earlier BR coaches with large windows allowing you to sit back and watch the landscape go by.

It's a good job you are going away - you've just used up your bandwidth allocation for the month.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. After the heavy rain yesterday we seem to be promised a sunny day today. It certainly is at the moment.

Thank you for the photo Don. Is the upholstery colour (crushed aubergine?) a popular choice?

Tony

Morning all.....icon_yawn.gif

Woke up at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep so up I got. Three cups of tea and a few hours later, the new double junction has started to take shape. Wasn't there a thread on here about late night/early hours modelling?

Hope we'll have an group ER's pic tomorrow as we have a meet at 12.30 at Ally Pally. Better get scrubbed up for that....

Some interesting coloured upholstery on your railways, Don. Just the thing after a few beers....icon_wink.gif

Morning All,

It is a bit of a cloudy morning here - with rain forecast for later, so I guess I had better enjoy the fact that it is dry while I can!

I'm quite looking forward to the weekend, it has been rather a busy week.

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Gold

Morning everyone.

Almost the weekend! Easter break coming up soon - but no relaxing for me, I've got revision to be getting on with (well, that's the theory anyway!). Don, it doesn't look that comfy on that seat, mind you, on the BR lines the windows in coaches I have been on open only to the size of a bit of A4 paper if that... but at least you get big windows to watch the world go by.

Right, i've got 5 minutes in which to get organised this morning before I have to go...

Have a great day all

Hi Jam. Enjoy your Easter break. Schools Easter break here starts today for two weeks.

The seats are very comfy! But the colour is vile.

Here seats in the dining car. Photo from the official publicity brochure

And the new loco colour - photo with permission of Eugene Armer

post-182-126958899816_thumb.jpg

post-182-126958908278_thumb.jpg

I laughed.

First of all at the tactful:

"Is the upholstery colour (crushed aubergine?) a popular choice?"

Then at the design choice of the non-matching carpet.

I think they were on LSD or something.

I suppose it doesn't much matter if one is looking out of the window!