The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning All,

It is pretty windy here this morning and it has been raining - although the sun is out at the moment.

Looking good Dd. I'll be paying closer attention to your layout! I like the sound of the canal and rail tunnels next to one another. Reminds me of Standedge.

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

That's great DD....

You'll make one lad very happy. Just a shame you don't live closer. I've got something to test your talents....icon_wink.gif

Finally got the cat to move, so boards will be cut today. Had to tweak a few bits but now happy all will go together.

So it's a quick shower and then out with the jigsaw...Happy days.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Rather cloudy here today. It has rained during the night and I suspect it will start again whenever I take Robbie for a walk. I can tell it is getting warmer as I think I've had my first mosquito bite of the year.

Robbie doesn't seem to be in too much of a hurry for his walk this morning as he is busy waiting to pounce on anything that falls on the floor while my wife is cooking. Perhaps I should tell him it is all vegetarian today and he may as well not bother. He might get lucky if some carrot falls as he does like that.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Wet and miserable in these parts. Dog has been walked (and dried off), coffee drunk so now I really ought to get on and bash some baseboards. Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Woodland scenics come in various shades DD. Have you tried making your own with Postiche woven hair, hairspray and scatter material? It works out cheaper and (in my opinion) looks better. All of the trees, bushes etc on Bridge of Doon were done that way.

Oops. Forgot to post earlier!

Walked the mile and a half to the health club this morning, played an hour of tennis with a friend, did over 2km in the pool, got my shopping and walked home. I feel like I've done enough exercise for the day to not feel too bad about spending the next 4 hours sat on the couch watching the rugby...! :)

After a period of uncertainty at work, I'm going to be starting a new job within my existing team on 29th, dealing with agri-environment policy. It's going to be a big change and a lot of work for no more money, but it should stand me in good stead for getting a promotion in due course.

• RMweb Gold

I know what my task is tomorrow. Matthew turned his Mum's laptop on this afternoon to try to explain to my mother in law (she wants a small pc) that laptops can have good screens and the computer got to the normal screen and as he moved the mouse to start up the browser the computer died, no screen, no leds, no fans. Now this is the PC Mrs S is writing her dissertation on, so of course I have supplied her with various backup drives. Of course the last time anything was backed up was when I did it in July! Much angst in household! Actually quite a lot of stuff since then has been emailed to tutors so it does exist somewhere hopefully. I've removed the tiny sata drive and I'll go to Maplin tomorrow for their SATA to USB convertor and I'll copy everything off if I can, I'm hoping that the drive is OK and that it was some failure on the power bus that turned everything off suddenly. We will know tomorrow. I have explained to Matthew that it was just a nasty coincidence that the computer failed when he turned it on!

I suspect that my wife will follow my suggestions about backup in future and not rely on the fact that her computer is a Sony.

Tony

I suspect that my wife will follow my suggestions about backup in future and not rely on the fact that her computer is a Sony.

My Dad got my 1 year old HP Pavilion computer at Christmas 2008 when I got my iMac. The power supply went on it last month and he's not been able to find anywhere that has a replacement for it. Much annoyance, and he's now using Mum's laptop a lot of the time...

Sadly I can't get him to go down the Mac route! ;)

I know what my task is tomorrow. Matthew turned his Mum's laptop on this afternoon to try to explain to my mother in law (she wants a small pc) that laptops can have good screens and the computer got to the normal screen and as he moved the mouse to start up the browser the computer died, no screen, no leds, no fans. Now this is the PC Mrs S is writing her dissertation on, so of course I have supplied her with various backup drives. Of course the last time anything was backed up was when I did it in July! Much angst in household! Actually quite a lot of stuff since then has been emailed to tutors so it does exist somewhere hopefully. I've removed the tiny sata drive and I'll go to Maplin tomorrow for their SATA to USB convertor and I'll copy everything off if I can, I'm hoping that the drive is OK and that it was some failure on the power bus that turned everything off suddenly. We will know tomorrow. I have explained to Matthew that it was just a nasty coincidence that the computer failed when he turned it on!

Tony

Tony, I have a Sony also that exhibits a similar problem from time to time. I traced it back to a intermittent connector to the battery pack. I find that unplugging the battery and plugging it back in cleans the contacts and all returns to normal. If it doesn't do it the first time round, try it a couple of times. Certainly worth a try before you run the risk of losing stuff....

• Like 1