The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I just downloaded a 5,000 page book (6 volumes) incl. audio - it took 25 seconds flat from Amazon to my kindle - how the heck do they do that? Stored in a "cloud"?

Btw it cost just $1.99..................

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Mixed bag of rain and non-rain periods forecast for today, but almost all rain for tomorrow. Summer, my a**e...

I think I shall see to doing some more loco modding this weekend!

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning All,

Dull,dismal,dreary damp very wet & 11oC. It seems to have been raining for hours & no sign of stopping at the moment.

Been very quiet here in GBville due to grandkids being on half term & their Mum is on holiday as well so our services have not been required. It's only 6 days since we saw them but we're already suffering from "withdrawal symptons!"  You'd think we'd relish the peace for a bit but that is definitely not the case.

Have a good day,

Bob.

Good morning, one and all!

It's sunny with a breeze here so far but there are some threatening clouds over Dartmoor so I think rain will soon be upon us.

That's rather a shame as we have visitors here for lunch today who've never been to this house before. Luckily, the forecast looks promising for the w/e when two others are here to stay.

Enjoy whatever the day brings.

• Like 2

Summer is over here in spades! Let's hope it reaches Europe.

32C yesterday, today, revised, at 32C too. 1:30am it's 22C. Lovely and really appreciated.... Tomatoes are loving it.

Best, Pete.

Good morning  all,

not much to report from here sun -rain -sun -rain......

Attached is a photo of the little bit of modeling that I'm irregularly do a bit with. painting is being a bit of a challenge!  

Whatever your up to today, try and enjoy some of it! 

Trev.

post-4282-0-74328900-1369891947.jpg

• Like 6

It seems to have been raining for hours & no sign of stopping at the moment.

Raining for hours, I wish, feels like it's been raining for months here, perhaps you are experiencing summer? :-)

There used to be an expression that you could tell when it was summer as the rain was warmer, I guess warmer rain would be some progress?

Morning all...:-)

Been away for a couple of days as best man/ chauffeur to our best friends wedding. Decided this is a view I'd like to wake up to every morning......

Sadly it's a little bleached out, but Conwy castle in the middle ground and Snowdon in the clouds....

post-6950-0-22738500-1369896798_thumb.jpg

post-6950-0-42745000-1369897241_thumb.jpg

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 8

Decided this is a view I'd like to wake up to every morning......

That's good, Gordon, except that for about 360 days of the year all you would see is rain and mist...........

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

They must be the "Purley Gates" I`ve oft`heard about! :mosking:

The only gates there are the ticket ones in the station ticket hall! and those on the platforms to stop people jumping in front of trains.

Plenty of traffic lights though.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Wet morning here. Nearby Shanklin used to be recorded as the sunniest place in Britain until they (who?) decided not to include the Isle of Wight. I seem to remember it being sunnier in Minehead but the three years plus we have been here have not exactly been the sunniest. As soon as things have been finished enough to put this house on the market we hope to be off in the Motorhome and sorting out the next one in Minehead.

After a lifetime of DIY we have decided to get someone in to make the changes wanted for the next one (we always want to change a few things) getting too old and slow for a lot of DIY. Suits me as I have layouts and stock to build.

Don

• Like 1

The only gates there are the ticket ones in the station ticket hall! and those on the platforms to stop people jumping in front of trains.

Plenty of traffic lights though.

Purley Squire? Famous place, say no more. Nudge nudge wink wink. Say no more.

• RMweb Premium

rain.... grey clouds ... supposedly two games of cricket to umpire today..............not a happy umpire!!!

Hope everyone has a good day and I won't object if its warm .... trust me!!

Barry O

• RMweb Gold

More brash yet warmer -  I'd like to wake up to this view (the carbuncular house with the Observatory on top will soon "grow over"), Sedona, AZ:

attachicon.gifDSC_20056.jpg

Best, Pete.

Denver next week will hit 32 degrees - not looking forward to that!!

Will have to stay indoors - at least the bars will be air con.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from sunny Hampshire, where the weather is currently drizzly. 

SWMBO has set me a layout building challenge for the coming winter (next week?) - it's to be a minimum space layout, no bigger than 4'x2', preferably N gauge and with the overall requirement that it can be kept in the house. I believe this is in response to the current N gauge layout being 2 boards, each 18" x 6' which take up acres (well, the volumetric equivalent of) in the garage for most of the year and is actually a real pain to bring in to the house when I want to do anything on it. Got my eye on an Ian Rice shunting plank plan...

Meanwhile packing the car up ready to head to the Midlands where the weather will be sunny, hopefully?

Have a nice day everyone. Andy  

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Merely gloomy and cloudy here in La Sarthe. We did have a heavy shower mid-evening, and another quite soon seems possible.

Debs - when the time comes, I suspect you are the sort that may indeed see the Pearly Gates, while some of us will surely meet by the Big Bonfire!

I noted Gordon S had been posting on Larry Coachmann's thread, so perhaps if rain stops golf you'll be back in modelling action? I do hope so.

I had a "something" from Microsoft this morning about IE10, but it was just a splash page. Yet my IE9 seems to be a bit off-colour on here today. E.g. I finish a thread and go back to Active Content - and it hasn't updated with my having read that thread. If I then refresh, it does acknowledge where I've just been. Most odd. On the other hand, I seem to have acquired a spellchecker, which I've not seen on RMweb before. I recall there seemed to be a big update last thing last night - maybe I've been given IE10 without the option.

Really dull. grey, gloomy, wet and miserable!

I wanna go home! Oops, I am home!                           

Oh well then I want i to be Summer!

Have a good day folks.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

first game today - off, it is going to stop raining soon so may get my T20 this evening.... but there again not every cricket ground in Leeds is blessed with the drainage installed at Headingley...

Now got to do housework :-((