The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Is that a red MG Midget body I see in front of your mini sir?

Close.... it's a Frogeye Sprite, or will be when he's finished it! It's been there a lot longer than my Mini, which I drove down there last September. (Behind the camera is a modern Porsche Boxter in for a few sratches and off to the left a very nice TVR).

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The German label? I met the two guys who headed it in New York back in the nineties. No deal was done but both they and the label  are cool....

Best, Pete.

Michael Cretu and Frank Peterson? That's them indeed.

• RMweb Premium

Close.... it's a Frogeye Sprite, or will be when he's finished it! It's been there a lot longer than my Mini, which I drove down there last September. (Behind the camera is a modern Porsche Boxter in for a few sratches and off to the left a very nice TVR).

My uncle used to have a Triumph Spitfire Mk.III, I think it was. He sold it off when he moved to California back in the 80s, though.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1216 025, on 15 May 2013 - 17:17, said:

Note to everyone: Enigma makes for some good accompaniment to modelling!

The German label? I met the two guys who headed it in New York back in the nineties. No deal was done but both they and the label  are cool....

Best, Pete.

I thought Dom had been listening to some Elgar!

Good morning folks, 

I saw the "new" Chinese loco again earlier in the week.  It's gained a couple of ballast wagons now. Unfortunately not in the best place to photograph, (through the back window of the car in the rain!) 

Whatever you're up to today,  try and enjoy some of it, and dont forget to smile!

Trev

post-4282-0-20910700-1368679522.jpg

post-4282-0-68476800-1368679597.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning All,

Dry & fairly blue sky with sunshine! Still fresh though at 5oC but will get warmer later.

Nothing planned today except shopping & then kids here again after school.

Here's a smile I've borrowed for Trev! Laugh.jpg

Bob.

• Like 1

Morning All,

It is a nice morning here - sunshine and blue sky.  Hopefully it will last, although the forecast doesn't seem to suggest it will.

Blimey , that is rare .

Was it driven in or trucked ?????      :jester:

TVR - Towing Vehicle Required.

Your Mini is going to look great when it's finished Nidge.  I am very envious - even more now that I know it has a right hand fuel tank - that makes it a Cooper then. 

I am a little surprised that heritage don't make a panel with the right hand tank, but then I guess there aren't enough genuine Coopers left to justify it.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 1

Fine morning here too for our journey "oop North" to Crewe to celebrate our grandson's third birthday today and my 63rd on Sunday.

Hope the sun shines for you, too!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Currently sunny, but increasing probability of rain and thunder in the afternoon, or so the forecast says. I'll be posting off an authenticated copy (you do need to have copies authenticated for almost all official paperwork in this-here country!) of that preliminary exam certification later on to complete an application for an introductory teaching post.

Cheers, everyone...

Good morning all. I finally had the procedure yesterday, they put stents in two arteries, but left the other one alone. I will ask the doctors about the consequences later, but hopefully home later today or tomorrow, and get Alfie back from the kennels on Saturday. Hopefully that will be a joyous reunion!

With excellent timing my older son and his wife were here yesterday for the procedure, just when I needed some reassurance. I will be glad to get back to normality and hopefully may get to RailEx.

Ed

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Mist, drizzle and generally murky outside. I haven't heard any foghorns from the shipping so far but that maybe because the windows are shut. 

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Whilst I'm delighted to hear Ed's news and am happy to give him a supportive 'smiley' it feels totally alien to me to send a heart to another bloke. Perhaps it's just an age/generation thing.

• Like 4

Good morning all. I finally had the procedure yesterday, they put stents in two arteries, but left the other one alone. I will ask the doctors about the consequences later, but hopefully home later today or tomorrow, and get Alfie back from the kennels on Saturday. Hopefully that will be a joyous reunion!

With excellent timing my older son and his wife were here yesterday for the procedure, just when I needed some reassurance. I will be glad to get back to normality and hopefully may get to RailEx.

Ed

I'm afraid that you will find it necessary to proceed cautiously Ed although it is great to see you're contribution within 24 hours. They kept me in for 48 hours after my "cardiac event" and I couldn't drive for a few weeks afterwards. Walking was restricted initially but had to be increased steadily. Best wishes for a steady recovery - I won't say speedy because that is unlikely.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Nice and sunny here with no sign of mist.

The blue bells are out in the copse. No picture yesterday but I thought this one of Montie taken a couple of years ago would suit.post-8525-0-36650100-1368687777_thumb.jpg

HAve a good day Don

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from sunny Hampshire.  

Glad to hear your news, Ed.

Roundhouse, your photo makes me miss my morning commute on SWT and Southern not a jot! :)

Ashers, enjoy your trip oop north and many happy returns in advance.

Have a nice day everyone. 

Andy

Edited by AndyB

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Sounds successful Ed, they left one of mine alone too - the heart can function happily with two of them, it's to do with the way the blood gets brought in, one of the arteries is superfluous iirc.

Watched a barn owl take off from his/her perch and fly away across the fields - pity he/she did it just before I got there with the camera, I'd passed the tree and saw a face peering out, stopped, grabbed the camera and ... flap flap flap wave wave wave "MISSED ME!"

Dull morning at the moment, but a pair of 20s on the Sizewell should brighten that up soon.

Have a good day all.

• Like 2