The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all,  not much to report from here yet. Apart from the lap top is on a "go-slow" this morning!  

Saw a bit more of the new rail line here yesterday. I'll try and load some photos later. 

Whatever you're up to this humpday try and find something to smile at.

Trev.

• Like 1

Morning All,

Ouch!  That poor squirrel.  Enough to make your eyes water - oh, the wonders of Photoshop

It is a cloudy morning here today, and it looks like it is going to be showery.  Not surprising really, as everything is about a month late, that makes this April!

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Ian: have a good trip.

Despite Andy's best efforts I don't think there's a button suitable for your last post.

Edited by BoD

Morning all. First decent night's sleep in about a week. Chilly morning for May here in the boring borough. Another fun filled day of dealing with the assclowns I work with. I now realise why my line manager prefers us to work remotely. Its to keep me from strangling the b*stards. Even Scott Adams wouldn't put their stupidity into "Dilbert" as it would be too far fetched.

Have a good one all.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all,

Very windy overnight.

And now for the weather. Overcast and high likelihood of rain here today. 

Not much else to report but will check in again later.

Andy

• RMweb Gold

Was it beens for last nights meal than Andy??

WIndy and odd rain showers in SUrrey too.

Sat in the conservatory early this morning wiring up D connectors for Star Lane. Could feel the strength of the wind on the conservatory.

Ian

Edited by roundhouse

• RMweb Premium

garden full of water - again - as we had rain overnight. May be we have a break in the weather for some ladies cricket...

stay safe and dry today.

I now realise why my line manager prefers us to work remotely. Its to keep me from strangling the b*stards. Even Scott Adams wouldn't put their stupidity into "Dilbert" as it would be too far fetched.

Are you an MP, Andrew?

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Walking the dogs last night it was extremely wild but not quite up to tile rattling which I have experienced twice the last time being a certain windy night in 1986. Still it does seem to have eased this morning. How it is a good dy for you all.

Don

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Like most we had plenty of overnight rain but now a mild, if dull, morning.

That's the sum excitement of the day thus far.

Hope everyone has a good one.

Wind has eased somewhat (no tins of haricots were opened in the preceding week) but light rain persists here in Gruffaloland. Seasonally Affected Disorder would seem to be on the cards, mid May and we haven't had a decent week's weather yet this year. Come back Kettley and Fish, all is forgiven.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

But at least it must be reasonably handy for the place where they sell those excellent kippers?

Indeed, Deveraux are in Strand Street, just 100m down the hill from us.  I'm banned from cooking them in the house though, so do them on the BBQ outside when it's warm enough.  Otherwise it's a restaurant job!  Deveraux kippers are better than Moore's, but Moores do smoked bacon in the same smokehouse as the kippers which is superb - but it's strong!

• Like 1

Morning punters from gluten free land...

Hope you're all alive and kicking...:-)

Great to hear a blast from the past this morning on a trailer for a new BBC documentary on Australia.  Just loved Ronnie's voice.  Just a shame Phil Spector came on the scene...

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Wind has abated (a bit) but it's damp and miserable and herself has turned on the central heating (for reasons I can't quite understand as I'm nice & warm), oh and we have heavy rain promised for later.  Although it's not Friday I understand we will be going to Waitrose because 'we need some meat'.  Not much else in progress but Gordon, in particular,  to note that Fawley is open this weekend, complete with 'buses from Henley station this year (On the Saturday they are every hour at XX.05, 10.05 -13,05 then at 15.10 and hourly until 17.10; different times on the Sunday).

http://www.fawleyhill.co.uk/

PS Nidge might like to click on the link which says MORRIS CENTENARY - if he gets to read this in time.  Clicking on some of the other links brings up some interesting stuff - the Ffestiniog are allegedly bringing a loco and the RH&DR are bringing 'The Bug'.  Can but hope that the weather won't cause it to be cancelled this year.

Havea  good day one & all

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info re Fawley, Mike.  It's the 20th anniversary of our golf club this weekend so I'm playing Friday and Saturday, but may get over to Fawley on Sunday if Mrs S fancies it....

A good chance as there may be dogs there..:-)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning All,

Another dull & dismal day, windy, 8oC & more rain to come.

Took Chris to work at 5.45 but struggled to get into the car because of my back. It gradually eased off after a couple of hours on my feet. Gentle exercise does seem to improve it but I've informed domestic authorities that this will not include a couple of the tasks that have been lined up.

Unfortunately this includes a partial rebuild of part of the "trainset" because even slight bending is agony.

'Bye for now,

Bob.

Sad that so many contributors have ailments that are serious enough to affect their modelling! Weather is a significant factor as we all see the list of "other tasks" growing yet are unable to make inroads due to outside and/or medical conditions or aches and pains so it can become a downward spiral. In the words of Eric and Ernie:

"Bring me sunshine..."

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning All,

Another dull & dismal day, windy, 8oC & more rain to come.

Took Chris to work at 5.45 but struggled to get into the car because of my back. It gradually eased off after a couple of hours on my feet. Gentle exercise does seem to improve it but I've informed domestic authorities that this will not include a couple of the tasks that have been lined up.

Unfortunately this includes a partial rebuild of part of the "trainset" because even slight bending is agony.

'Bye for now,

Bob.

Is it muscular or bones Bob?  If the former, and even to some extent the latter, a chiropractor can work wonders and the application of ice packs should help to relieve it (just don't put the ice pack directly on the skin - it burns, don't bother to ask me how I know that)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It's fairly sunny out here at present, but a new rain front with thunder has been predicted for the evening. Perhaps I'll finish the pair of 140s later on! I'm now on the train to the city for picking up some paperwork at the State School Office.

Shots of my favourite morning spot in the backyard for coffee and a fag:

post-9016-0-98329800-1368619641_thumb.jpg

post-9016-0-15278300-1368619685_thumb.jpg

The teak bench has some attractive lichen, it's about 15 years old, i guess.

Taken this morning just before 8:00am.

Best, Pete.

• Like 9