The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Hope your back and indecision have improved during the day.

When I suffer from indecision I just take a couple of Rennies

Though reading the new icons thread I have discovered that BoD has attempted to hover on an iPad. Now that would be a good YouTube video.

Not if taken using the iPad's own camera.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I awarded Polly a "friendly" for her kind thoughts re Grandadbob. I think "friendly" should be regarded as the ERs' standard compassionate response for those with health issues or other dreary impedimenta in life.

• RMweb Premium

Ian, I didn't know whether to award you a "creative" for your vinegar tip or a "craftsplantsman", so gave you an "informative" instead, making me "indecisive". 

You can also use white vinegar as a general disinfectant spray for kitchen surfaces. You also need a clothes peg for your snozz though. I used it in my chest freezer during last month's defrost and clean. Let's just say the smell lingers....and lingers....

Andy 

Edited by AndyB
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Aditi was very interested in the dog friendly dandelion exterminator. However we only appear to have cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar. 

Dents de lions avec vinaigre balsamique sounds like a recipe to me, Tony. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Dents de lions avec vinaigre balsamique sounds like a recipe to me, Tony. 

Good job you didn't choose the other French name for dandelions, though with the white vinegar at least you would have a disinfectant!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

These new likey/nolikey/notlikely buttons are doing my head in already!

Had a rather wet (=chucking it down) day at Groudle, but we achieved a lot, Mrs NHN on the gardening squad and NHN starting to learn Guards duties and the rule book, so he can work towards become a real driver not a guest one under supervision!  The professional Guards or Train Managers on here will dislike the fact that the Guard seems to be the bottom of the pile at the GGR, before moving on to footplate duties!  All good fun though, but of course it's essential to understand the rules and stick to them.

The Steamplex was out again, entertaining many visitors (it was busy despite the rain, it was the first day of the season) with it's volcanic exhaust, while Sea Lion made little fuss over pulling the same load.  Some tweaking was going on, it's owner is refining driving methods and shaking down the loco still.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It's cyberspacial overload. I'd have been happy with just 'like' and 'thank you', although, 'sad', as in tear generating (and we get a few of those on ERs) would be a good third.

If you really have to go for a dislike then the flies flying around the pile of s**t, as seen on some other forums is a suitable, if somewhat odourous  sign of discontent

Regards

Richard

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Disclaimer: Arachnophobic persons should skip this post!

Is this fellow called Boris, by any chance?

mobile.1030ekoi.jpg

Can't quite get it why anyone would indeed keep arachnids as pets, though...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Disclaimer: Arachnophobic persons should skip this post!

Is this fellow called Boris, by any chance?

mobile.1030ekoi.jpg

Can't quite get it why anyone would indeed keep arachnids as pets, though...

He/She seems rather small.

• RMweb Premium

Mornin'...

Looking like rain will be due again. Out of curiosity, I just had a look at the forecast for Ushuaia as well, where they are currently having showers and 35 mph winds. I certainly wouldn't be setting a foot outside the door there just now...

It is rather small Matthews spiders are much butcher with fat and hairy legs the biggest one when fully grown will fill a dinner plate and can eat small rodents Ithink he said.

Yikes! I can at least tolerate small spiders, but that'd be too much...

Morning All,

It is raining here this morning - but the air is quite fresh which is nice.

I had quite a busy weekend, part of which involved running some new cables in the cellar and replacing the lights.

That spider of Dominiks looks like what the Germans call cellar spiders.  I was lucky enough not to see any of them while I was doing my work!  They usually end up being carried outside under a cup when I discover them.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium
They usually end up being carried outside under a cup when I discover them.

That's what I usually do as well – also with bees and wasps, should any of them enter our flat.

Edited by 1216 025

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is damp outside but doesn't look as if it is likely to rain much more for a while today.

I don't appear to have a list of tasks to complete today. Though I'm sure I'll think of something.

Tony

By luck I seem to be on earlier than yesterday.

I got on to read by about 6:30 but then got disconnected before getting to the end of ERs.

The clear sky continues but still cool at 22C. We are having a long "in between" season. Today's radio reminded us that it's 39 days to mid Winter.

Happy Monday all.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Early start as the coffee-maker went pop yesterday, so I need another one pronto. Off to LM shortly.

I see the range of symbols has survived the night - a good sign for them staying the course.

Dreary & blustery here, hope your day is better.