The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon All,

Sunny with some clouds, breezy & 13oC with rain forecast.

Happiness is not Bob-shaped today as I have managed to do my back in again replacing fence panels yesterday. We went to a birthday party last night & even mixing Tramadol & several beers (I know-I shouldn't) didn't help much. Stayed in bed till 9.30 & now after a couple more pills & a gentle hobble around my "estate"  it is now easing slightly.

Now then - coffee or a beer? (I know, I know!) - decisions, decisions, decisions,

Cheers,

Undecided of Sutton.

• RMweb Premium

Love the new "tick this" icons but where's the "So Sad" one?  :cry:

ERs definitely needs one of these.  Please tick appropriate icon if you agree/disagree/other. 

Polly

• RMweb Gold

I prefer them to be securely under "Lock and Quay" :declare:

I'd press one of those button thingies but I'm scared I might break it again.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 4

Sorry BoD I had to press "disagree" just to see what happened!!!

Quite an enjoyable Spanish Grands Prix.

Because Speed dropped the ball I had to watch it on one of the Mexican HD channels (Uni). Good coverage and I had to laugh when Raikkonen overtook Vettel one of the commentators yelled out: "Ay, Carramba!!!!!"

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

I wonder what you'd have to post to get a full house of all the little thingies across the bottom?

At primary school, we used to get a "reward" stamp for each bit of homework well done. Perhaps it's something like that? :mosking:

Edited to apologise for absent-mindedness...must be more tired than I thought...

Edited by 1216 025

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Caught up having been outaged earlier, and then going to the local so-called "antiques centre" where I was reunited briefly with some of the stuff that I shifted as junk on Monday at the car boot sale - it has now turned up as ""rare" , collectible", and "vintage" - and I also saw one that I'd sold at a car boot about two years ago!

It's chucking it down now, and there's a lovely smell of wet dog permeating the room.  In case anybody's interested, here's how she's looking at present:

post-103-0-12162300-1368368482_thumb.jpg

30747 wants me to "do something sensible" on the laptop - DOH - is RMWeb now not sensible then?

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

I'd so prefer to follow Lily's example, Stewart! Though I guess that if I did, I couldn't sleep at night... Must be this terribly unsteady weather we got these days that has me all goofed up.

Yes, the buttons have suddenly multiplied, and the shades of "like" and "agree" will cause some head-scratching here and there. And we still don't have one marked "tosser".

Such a useful button might be fashioned after a pancake! :mosking:

Love the new "tick this" icons but where's the "So Sad" one?  :cry:

ERs definitely needs one of these.  Please tick appropriate icon if you agree/disagree/other. 

Polly

Good idea but would that mean sad as in sorrowful or sad in the derogatory sense?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We took the Clio to be valued (very happy with deal) and then went to a garden centre. Aditi decided she was not going to pay £70 for a viburnum (she will find a smaller one and let it grow). After a lot of label reading we didn't think it was fair to keep Robbie off the lawn for a day so that some gel weed eradicator could do in the the dandelions. I shall instead spend a day soon digging them out. I bought a thing to help scrape between the patio slabs. I think Robbie thought it was a new grooming tool (there have been quite a few recently) and made himself scarce!

At the car showroom the salesman mentioned that the car has a perimeter alarm. Aditi misheard it as "primitive" alarm. She asked the salesman what it was and he explained. We thought it amusing when Aditi said that she thought it was quite sophisticated, not all primitive. I then had visions of some caveman arriving and thumping a thief.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I seem to have bought a weedkiller that claims to be a natural product - acetic acid. I think that's vinegar to you and me, although I wouldn't want to cook with it. It comes in a squirty bottle, and has been quite good at nuking dandelions within hours. My impression is that the stuff is not going to poison the soil, nor any pet that comes in contact with the treated plant. It smells quite strongly, anyway, so they'd not want to eat it.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon,  Tony if you want a decent size viburnum for less than £70  (seems a lot) look on the internet, this morning I planted six 5 ft Thujas which I got via a site in Devon for less than £30 each over half of what they were locally. Came on a pallet over night and are good quality. Worth a try a least.

Well buttons galore to press! these are similar to ones on a unrelated forum I use, seems to be various opinions about, I will stick with the like button, must admit I find the "friendly" one strange, cos certainly on this thread everyone is friendly which is what helps to make it so good.

Eh maybe eh no was going to suggest we mark every post "friendly" lol!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I've just Googled vinegar as a dandelion killer and it seems to be the " pet friendly " alternative. One US website suggested vodka mixed with dish soap which I believe is their name for washing up liquid.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

It was recommended to add tomato juice to the pet food to stop the patches bitches tend to make in the lawn seemed to work but didn't exactly agree with the bitch in question so I just put up with them these days.

Not sure about all the extra buttons just having a like was easy and you couldn't be rude. For sad I think you really want one that says commiserations, still we can stick with like until they think of it. There are some odd combinations you could disagree and add funny which might be a rude comment. Posting friendly to one of the opposite sex might be misconstrued (well it could to the same sex I suppose).

Ah well back to my jobs.

Don

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon,  Tony if you want a decent size viburnum for less than £70  (seems a lot) look on the internet, this morning I planted six 5 ft Thujas which I got via a site in Devon for less than £30 each over half of what they were locally. Came on a pallet over night and are good quality. Worth a try a least.

Aditi looked online and has ordered one from a company called Crocus. She has ordered so much other stuff I think it will be a skip rather than a pallet!

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

All these silly new icons. It looks like someone has barfed up a bowel of Lucky Charms on my screen. :jester:

I thought they had been ported from a Care Bears website.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All,

Sunny with some clouds, breezy & 13oC with rain forecast.

Happiness is not Bob-shaped today as I have managed to do my back in again replacing fence panels yesterday. We went to a birthday party last night & even mixing Tramadol & several beers (I know-I shouldn't) didn't help much. Stayed in bed till 9.30 & now after a couple more pills & a gentle hobble around my "estate"  it is now easing slightly.

Now then - coffee or a beer? (I know, I know!) - decisions, decisions, decisions,

Cheers,

Undecided of Sutton.

See.  We need a "Sorry, you're poorly" (So sad / Concerned) icon...

Hope your back and indecision have improved during the day.

Polly

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Though reading the new icons thread I have discovered that BoD has attempted to hover on an iPad. Now that would be a good YouTube video. A bit like the German one where "Dad" is using his iPad as a chopping board.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I wonder what you'd have to post to get a full house of all the little thingies across the bottom?

I actually agree, but just wanted to see if you got "full house"! 

Andy

• Like 1