The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Did they contain monkeys? 

Before we boarded our recent flight home from Canada there was an announcement that nuts were not permitted to be consumed or taken into the aircraft cabin as someone with an extreme allergy was a passenger that day. I don't like nuts or peanuts anyway!

No just their private bits!

The trouble with these things is nowadays you have to assume the customer is a stupid ignorant idiot. Unfortunately quite a few are. The concept of an adult having common sense has gone by the board. So we now have a cross between the Nanny state and Big Brother (from 1984 not the TV program that was more the stupid ignorant idiots when I happened to see a bit channel hopping). Can someone please invent a time machine I would like to go back a few decades.

Don

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good news about Don foot and keep your chin up Gordon . I have a friend who was found to have a wheat intolerance es it was and to a lesser extent is a pain avoiding wheat but he feels so much better that it is well worth the trouble.

Why do we get so hot under the collar that those at the top of the tree care little about the rest of us and do not punish themselves for mistakes. Has it not always been thus?

Under communism some of those at the bottom came to be on top and turned out to be even worse. Perhaps the odd rebelion or public lynching of the worst offenders now and then would remind them not to tread to heavily on us all.

Don

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

They used to take the trouble to hide the cock ups now they are covinced they can get away with lying and being exposed as lying as well.

Good news about Don foot and keep your chin up Gordon . I have a friend who was found to have a wheat intolerance es it was and to a lesser extent is a pain avoiding wheat but he feels so much better that it is well worth the trouble.

Why do we get so hot under the collar that those at the top of the tree care little about the rest of us and do not punish themselves for mistakes. Has it not always been thus?

Under communism some of those at the bottom came to be on top and turned out to be even worse. Perhaps the odd rebelion or public lynching of the worst offenders now and then would remind them not to tread to heavily on us all.

Don

• Like 4

To get away from "cock ups"and "lies' can I just say that my Doctor has just called me to confirm that the three polyps removed from my "waste pipe" during the Colonoscopy were entirely benign. So benign that my Dr. has learned several dirty English jokes from them.

The good news is I don't have to have another procedure until 2018 - by which time I will probably have been run over by a bus...

Get some in!!!!!

Best, Pete.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Evenin' all,

Just a quick catch-up visit - well i thought it would be before I found how many pages today has spread over!  NoMore or less all set and ready to load the car on the morrow altough this afternoon's efforts to produce a snow like effect on part of the module appear to have come up with the wrong kind of snow - hope it doesn't all shake off enroute!  And all the track seems to work although the electrics have rather puzzled me, the clearance trials were going well until the loco hit the loading platform but that was out og position because I hadn't cut a notch in the base for a downpipe I only fitted to the building last night.  So not too bad overall.

See some of you (one of you) on Sunday and the rest of you folks have a good weekend - and take care near 'buses Pete.

• Like 1

A few snaps taken yesterday:

The lengths some preserved lines go to ...

post-7041-0-80088300-1367040245.jpg

Reference pictures of Llangollen:

post-7041-0-92326500-1367040344.jpg

post-7041-0-48935500-1367040412.jpg

post-7041-0-62641600-1367040455.jpg

I asked at the Admin Office if I could take some pics of their 'under repair' facility.

They told me to b*gger off but in a very pleasant manner.

Apparently I have to write for permission, arrange a day when I can be accompanied etc., etc.

Understandable.

H&S was mentioned three times.

I fear for the people who work there.

• Like 11

Snapshot of the current state of affairs on my workbench:

img_1157k5z75.jpg

In front, you can see what is going to be the pair of 140 801 and 140 858, while the EMU further back is 420 001 which also needs some amendments to have it look just so.

That's more like a shop window than a workbench.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

It's been fairly cool and rainy since about noon yesterday, so I felt like getting my shopping done early to avoid the mad rush I expect after the rest of the population has got up...

That's more like a shop window than a workbench.

Just keeping it tidy! Might be different if I had a dedicated modelling room, though...

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Overcast and quite cool.

Robbie and George have had a run round the garden. There were a couple of barking incidents during the night but nothing too bad considering that was George's first time overnight here.

I'm not too sure what we are doing today. Aditi has a dental appointment at midday and probably some gardening and house tidying.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I thought George was your brother? Curious behavior even in the trisonic family...

Best, Pete.

George is the canine guest. My brother is called Pete. He will be staying here at the beginning of July to take part in a drift racing experience at Brands Hatch. I don't expect any barking then.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

First time in a month I can post on a Saturday !

Staying in today, catching up on posting some photos and providing assistance to some people and playing some on-line war gaming.

Have a good day all.

• Like 1

George is the canine guest. My brother is called Pete. He will be staying here at the beginning of July to take part in a drift racing experience at Brands Hatch. I don't expect any barking then.

But lots of squealing!

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning All,

Very dull but dry at the moment & 6oC. Sunshine & showers forecast for later.

Off to the the Epsom show in an hour or so. (It's only a 15 minute drive from here)  but will be on my own. Grandson Joe has decided not to come but apparently is very upset that he "may be letting Grandad down". It has been explained that he would have to do a hell of a lot worse than that before he ever came anywhere near letting me down!

Am taking wallet just in case I spot something "essential". :locomotive:

Cheers,

Bob.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all after a very chilly night it is nice and sunny this morning. A walk on Alcombe common is planned for this morning just hoping there won't be many of the threatened showers. You could do with Monty, Pete he hates buses and would attack one if he could so I always get warned if there is one coming.

Don

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Nasty weather - by comparison with the recent week - continues, with a vicious cold blow out there.

Am wrestling with the logistics of a trip to the UK. More complicated than of yore, as no-one to drive me to/from Le Mans to pick up the TGV! And I'm looking with horror at hotel rates, which are a bit elevated over the next few weekends, with Bank Hols and all that.

Hope the exhibition visitors get their money's-worth. The Epsom show is at what I would call Ewell Tech, to which place of further learning a number of classmates went after A levels.

Enjoy your weekend!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Heavy cloud and a light shower over night in Leeds.

Firstbus still counting the cost of a tackle on a flanker by Cipriani! (it was a number 6 bus he ran into)

Have a great day everyone - think of me in ceold and wet umpriring today please.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Good morning all.

Sun and clouds with that "it's been raining" look about it. Cold - forecast below 10oC for the whole weekend.  Looks like a staying indoors clearing up sort of day.  :jester:

On the other hand there's always the layouts... :senile:.....and posts on here to read... :mosking:

Have a good day.

Polly

• RMweb Premium

Morning, 8 c forecast here, currently (0955hrs) 12.9c and wonderfully sunny..... so much for seaweed twirlers.

Discovery of the day:  The proximity of 'o' and 'i' on the keyboard makes typos into my accent.... 'twirlers' = 'tworlers'.... the perils of being a geordie!  Truth is I don't have a really strong geordie accent anyway due to being brung up propa and living away for many years, but it amused my small mind!

• RMweb Gold

I have lived in Essex for 37 years and I don't seem to have acquired an Essex accent. I did have a Somerset accent when I was at Infant school but that didn't survive our family return to the Midlands.

• Like 1

On my old PowerBook G4 again....

Spilt cup of tea (no sugar) on my IMac keyboard followed by spray of Distilled Water (the real thing), but, alas, no worky.

Any ideas to get it functional again?

This must happen a zillion time per annum over the World........ Tony?

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Spilt cup of tea (no sugar) on my IMac keyboard followed by spray of Distilled Water (the real thing), but, alas, no worky.

Touch wood this'll never happen to me! In fact, it never has – I have far too good a memory for all sorts of computer breakdowns that happened to me...

• RMweb Gold

Pete Once upon a time when PC keyboards (as on original IBM PCs) were immersed in beverages the instructions did suggest a bath of de-ionised water and placing in a drying cabinet. I don't think modern ones will cope with that treatment and a new one is probably the best option. However putting it somewhere warm for a day or so may help or possibly a hair dryer on cold. However a quick google for iMac keyboard suggests that people have ended up killing theirs after just cleaning them. I think perhaps I should move my Mac Mini keyboard off the coffee table. Though at least my keyboard is available in Tesco.

• Like 2