The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning.

I had a cunning plan this morning. I would present myself and the Clio at the local tyre emporium at opening time. However this turned out to be many other peoples cunning plan too. However it is a pleasant place to wait, magazines, comfy sofas, television and coffee. Also cheaper than elsewhere! The car  now has normal tyres and I have put the winter tyres in the garage. I think it must be summer now as there are daisies on the front lawn so I think it was safe to swap the car's tyres over.

I think Dom mentioned he would be getting his tyres changed this weekend too.

I got the car home in time for Aditi to set off to the hairdresser. I shall take Robbie for a walk and then I said I would show some neighbours how to use Windows 8 on their new computer. I don't think it will be too difficult as they managed to get their email working on it and Windows 8 Mail isn't the nicest bit of software. Their new PC has a touchscreen and I'm quite interested to try that out. My new phone has a touchscreen and the nice young person in the shop was very concerned in case the concept of swiping left, right and up and down would be too complicated for me. 

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Tony,

My son went to a scrap yard and bought a set of alloy wheel rims and had them fitted with winter tyres.

He can change the wheels over when he feels like it, and doesn't have to worry about paying for the tyres to be changed over or waiting in the queue.

The lcoal doctor's surgery could learn a lot about customer comfort and satisfaction if they visited our local tyre and exhaust centre: Satellite TV, drinks machine loads of books and magazines and of course comfy seats.............And less of a wait!

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good Evening All from a knackered GB in sunny Sutton,

After much digging, trenching, hacking, chopping, sawing, levering, heaving, straining,sweating, sprinkled with an assortment of swearing I have defeated The Shrub!! :butcher:  However this has left me as walking sitting wounded suffering from a multitude of aches and pains from muscles that I'd forgotten I had,  :dontknow: therefore this evening will be spent administering liquid anaesthetic in the form of Old Speckled Hen.  :drinks:

SWMBO is back on the case trying to replan the garden. A new patio or decking is now being spoken about. My brain hurts!  :banghead:   :help:

Goodbye for now,

Bob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good Evening All from a knackered GB in sunny Sutton,

After much digging, trenching, hacking, chopping, sawing, levering, heaving, straining,sweating, sprinkled with an assortment of swearing I have defeated The Shrub!! :butcher:  However this has left me as walking sitting wounded suffering from a multitude of aches and pains from muscles that I'd forgotten I had,  :dontknow: therefore this evening will be spent administering liquid anaesthetic in the form of Old Speckled Hen.  :drinks:

SWMBO is back on the case trying to replan the garden. A new patio or decking is now being spoken about. My brain hurts!  :banghead:   :help:

Goodbye for now,

Bob.

You have my deepest sympathies (oh and I'm also sorry to hear that you did for a few muscles while battling with the shrub).

BTW I have discovered a new handy diversion for Mrs Stationmaster who accompanied me on a visit to Alton today and went off to Boots while I was doing my shopping with Bob.  I got much longer than expected as she decided to visit the local museum which is apparently very interesting very a very good piece about sweet (little) Fanny Adams to keep folk amused.

Meanwhile the extended time I had available allowed me to keep on remembering the various things I'd forgotten. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Evening All

Just caught up with the events of the last 24 hours.  Great to hear that Pete has no lurking nasties lingering in his lower regions. 

Tony the waiting room at the tyre place is great - TV, coffee, magazines, and of course the all pervading smell of rubber.  Do they still come in with the bill, and a list of other jobs that in "their opinion" need to be done to the car - I was once told that I needed new rear shock absorbers before the next MOT, and took pleasure in telling the guy that my car had failed its MOT the previous week due to shot rear shock absorbers, and that it had passed on the retest as they had just been replaced by a main Ford agent.

I'd noticed that Combe Barton of this parish had been missing for a while - anybody know why - hope all is well in that quarter.

Anyhow, 30747 wants me to logoff for a while, so

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

I think Dom mentioned he would be getting his tyres changed this weekend too.

I did indeed. I do keep wondering why our car dealer didn't want to talk me into buying a new car altogether!

• RMweb Gold

I did indeed. I do keep wondering why our car dealer didn't want to talk me into buying a new car altogether!

Whenever I take my car into the garage the sales people always ask if I'm interested in a new one. I always tell them that their service department are so wonderful it always comes back just like a new car so I don't really feel the need for a new one. Not a lot they can say to counter that!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Looks as though the weather is still deciding what to do to me today.

Our local tyre place as well as being comfortable, and keenly priced are well known for their honest advice. Probably why they are always busy!

You mean there are some that would be kwik to offer less than honest advice?

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Overcast and slightly breezy outside, and inside, I'm getting nervous due to tomorrow's exam. It'll just be 30 minutes with fifteen minutes to be spent on either topic, but after all, it is an exam, you know...

Enjoy your day!

• Like 1

More developments on the Bomb Maker.

Now on the National news.

Here's a pic with a difference, taken from an old slide in a batch I bought.

Looks like an Ice Cream seller in a North African resort.

Just thought it was interesting:

post-7041-0-94654300-1366525596.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Here's a pic with a difference, taken from an old slide in a batch I bought.

Looks like an Ice Cream seller in a North African resort.

Just thought it was interesting:

attachicon.gifIceCreamSeller.jpg

That image somehow is quite artistic, actually. Might look rather good as a print to put on the wall, in my impression.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Light grey clouds - turning to rain in the middle of my second umpiring stint of the weekend.

Some strange scores yesterday - either fairly low (mine was 61 all out v 65-4) or 300+ . Mine wasn't down to the pitch just some slappy shots.

Have a great day everyone - off to cricket and may be back later

• Like 1

That image somehow is quite artistic, actually. Might look rather good as a print to put on the wall, in my impression.

It's possible, Dom, although it would take some time in PS to clean it up and get rid of scratches etc.,.

Morning all,  yesterday was a failure.....the crane broke down....another try tomorrow!  But at least it means I got today "off".  Just found some bacon rashers in the freezer, so bacon & egg for me in a bit.

What ever you're up to today try and enjoy some thing,

Trev