The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Where has everyone gone? I'm not exactly an "early riser", I've just got up to have a cuppa cos' I can't sleep (again!). No posts since 4.00 yesterday afternoon.

They were talking on the radio yesterday about a painting by Manet which may or may not be called "the Railway". I've Googled it and can't see much railway on it.

Time to try for bed again methinks.

'night all

Ed

Hi Ed, Sorry not to have been up at 2:45 this morning to keep you company, but luckily I was fast asleep.

I normally post around this time and just after 3:00 pm my time. After all it is Early Risers but 2:45 is a bit too early!

It promises to be a bit cloudy today with a temp up to 27C. Yoiks, we are back to Summer temperatures.

Happy modelling all you railway modellers and Happy Golfing to Gordon!

Edited by DonBradley
  • Like 2

Morning all, 

Quite unusual for there to be no posts on ER's in the evening / overnight..But at least Don and I are up......now with luck  I should be getting the rest of the containers this morning, (else some one is going to have to pay twice for a 250 ton crane! )...

What ever you're up to try and enjoy, 

Be good

Trev.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Dull, full set of oktas here.

I thought it was supposed to be getting a bit warmer. No sign of that here.

Have a good weekend one and all.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Clouds are drifting by outside... Forecast for tomorrow is for a maximum of 22°C, followed by 25 on Monday. Gee... We might be buying some new flowers for the balcony today as it is now finally warm enough.

Have a good one, everyone...

• Like 1

Good morning!

We had warm sunshine yesterday afternoon as we walked around Torquay harbour with friends who visited to watch the play wot I'm in, but back to grizzle today.

Bar was packed again after the performance so, even though the play has had a mixed reception, one person who will be very happy is the Bar Manager!

Have a good weekend!

Edited by Ashcombe
  • Like 3

Dull and very misty in these parts. Do we have a lot of closet golf watchers or perhaps the end of the school holiday has an impact on the amount of posts?

Bit of gardening today I think will get a few brownie points and smarten the place a bit.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all quite bright but misty up on the downs.

Managed to replace the glazing units in two rooflights yesterday dodging between the showers. A bit of grouting next. Oh to be modelling.

Have a good weekend.

Don

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning All,

Dull overcast start to the day & 7oC. There may be sunshine. there may be showers, there may be some sort of weather apparently.

No firm plans made for today yet although our daughter has hinted that we may like to "borrow" a couple of grandchildren while she & the eldest go shopping. That's our day taken care of then!    :yes:  :danced:  :dancer:  :laugh:   :crazy:

Have a great day all,

Bob

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's very still, bright blue sky and a healthy yellow orb this morning.

The birds are singing and we are off to the Lilleshall food fair.

Can anyone explain why the Obergrumpenfuhrer insists we need to go whilst in the next breath is telling me to watch what I eat and to lose some weight?

Just so you all know, I always watch what I eat.........I hate blind tasting. :)

From what Ashers comments, I have come to the conclusion that TOADS = Torbay's Official Alcohol Drinking Service.

Now off to the hollow for a glorious wallow......

Regards

Richard

• Like 7

Not a spoiler but others may agree that F1 qualifying wasn't the most exciting version we've seen.

I think I might recommend my local garage for sourcing their tyres.

After the angst about building an 'Insect' box, I found a nice one in Morrisons (there are, thankfully, other supermarkets) for £3.

Hardly worth getting the tools out to make one so it was my contribution to the enforced shopping trip as SWMBO is still a little stressed from being attacked by one of Trevor's Cranes.

First Insect customer this morning - a Horse Fly. (Might have travelled back with us from the supermarket).

Found some smart Volvos to buy but I'm getting: "I don't like red, I don't like black" and so on.

I explained that it's only people outside the car that will notice the colour but whatever the lady wants ...

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

First Insect customer this morning - a Horse Fly. (Might have travelled back with us from the supermarket).

Looks like you're saddled with it then.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Grey, overcast, mild. OTOH tomorrow we are promised some stonking weather, with temps beyond 20. I'll believe it when....

Bit of toothache last night, so dentist will be seeing me soon, I suspect. Luck running out really, although I've had annual inspections for decades, but seldom much work, although I do have a couple of crowns.

MiL should be back from her sojourn in Rustington so must remember to ring her. Oh, joy. May have news of her impending move to - somewhere.

Have a good weekend, folks!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Pleasant-ish outside at present but all forecast to change as the rain rolls in from the south west.  Oh and guess which direction I'm heading today, better take a brolly as I might not be able to park very near the door the show in Melksham.

That Manet picture is rather nice Ed, strangely I recognise the location immediately as it isn't where the Wiki article places it but was - I'm fairly sure - base on viewing from the Rue de Londres where the fence matches that picture exactly and the background is very similar, a place I regularly used to visit on my trips to Paris (although the lunches we got there were not as good as those as the Gare du Nord SNCF staff canteen).

Anyway after a quick browse here I shall be off to the west, have a good day one & all. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning, after a dull start (outside...) the sun is disconsolately peeking through the haze, and we have reached double figures in centigrade at last - just.

The dull start inside is due to the upgrading of theraping levels, which Mrs NHN assures me is a good thing, but NHN's legs and hips don't agree this morning.  I just may venture to the garage to see those trains again, and count the motorbikes, we've never had so few for 20 years. NHN 2, Mrs NHN 3.

Off for a drive out in the camper later, always like to run it once a week to keep the batteries charged.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, ignored the alarms and went back to sleep! Things I haven't done as a result mucked out animals taken muck to tip etc might watch qualifying later but doesn't sound like I have missed much. Weather was much better but now looks like rain, must go buy rats and mice (deceased) an enjoyable activity? Enjoy today..