The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Yes, Gordon. I'm never happy with a new guitar.................unless it is made by Bill Chapin because he makes the neck feel worn in.

Take a look at Willie Nelson's guitar Trigger........

Best, Pete.

Pah!.......Pete, that`s got nowhere-near enough strings (or necks):

pikassoguitar-431x300.jpg

Edited by Debs.
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I will not go bigger than this Gibson EDS 1275:

attachicon.gifimages.jpeg

And those things weigh in excess of 16lbs - some of them much more, it's solid mahogany...

Best, Pete.

My word Pete,

does one presume you need four hands, two heads and no teeth to play 'Duelling Banjoes' on that device?

Regards

Richard

• Like 2

No kidding!

I struggle enough with 6 strings. I'm completely flummoxed by my mandolin (it's the tuning).

Actually had an epiphany about 1 o'clock this morning, realised how to play a song the way the original artist plays it.  I've only been playing it wrong for about 20 years.  :banghead:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all.

Now safely established in a very nice hotel room on the 15th floor overlooking the Bow River. The drive here was interesting. Snow in Banff is beautiful, it looks like the kind of snow in Christmas films. However just south of Canmore the snow created an effect like driving through fog. The road (Highway 1) had a slushy track more or less where the right hand lane was. As we approached Calgary it just cleared up. The good thing here is that in similar conditions on a UK motorway you would see a few people driving in a silly manner. Drivers seem to allow a lot more space here. In Banff the speed limit in town is 40kph (and 30kph in school districts) It is quite relaxing really, especially if you have to sometimes wait for a freight train crossing anyway!

• Like 2

I'm off to the Omni Resort at Bedford Springs, PA in the morning, I think the weather will have cleared by then as it over 4 hours drive. This is one of my wife's dos as she is president of the local Rotary. Not being a golfer I fully intend to charge around the place in an "Off Road" Segway - remember those?

Best, Pete.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

. Not being a golfer I fully intend to charge around the place in an "Off Road" Segway - remember those?

Best, Pete.

I believe the chap who owned the Segway business ended up very off road. Have a fun weekend. Hope your wife doesn't have to turn the hose on you this weekend!

Morning all,  not much to report from here gang,   just getting frustrated because no one can tell me when the key container is going to appear!  Off course its the critical one that has to in first.

Then of course we have a "Presidential" visit to one of our big projects next week,  so big ***l ***t exercises..are on as well. (and I'm not allowed to duck out! )  

Oh well it's Friday and only 18 sleeps and I'm outa here (for a coulpe of weeks.)

What ever your up to today, try and enjoy some of it, 

Trev

Good morning all!

Clear weather, no rain, 23C max. It was 9C overnight..

Yvonne has been moved downstairs to the ground floor. I think nearer to the frail care section.

The nuisance had already completely abated.

Have a happy and successful FRIDAY!.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning All;,

Steady rain at the moment & 8oC with some sunshine but more rain as well too come later.

Yesterday I said the following:

She's up to something again! :scratchhead:  :dontknow:  :girldevil:

Have a good day all,

Puzzled of Sutton.

Some of you said "be afraid" & "it's going to be expensive"  or words to that effect. I thought so too.

Well the upshot is that we are going away for a short break in June for our wedding anniversary to Staverton in Devon which I'm sure most of you will know has a station on the South Devon Railway.  :locomotive: She never ceases to amaze me! :maninlove:  :imsohappy:

This morning I'm off to the dentist for the first of 4 sessions for root canal treatment & a new crown.

Hope your day will be without dental problems,

Regards,

Not so puzzled but probably numb later of Sutton.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Been raining through the night, but predicted to turn at least partially sunny later today, and even more so on Sunday and Monday when we're supposed to break the 20°C threshold. I think I'll now get freshened up first of all...

• RMweb Premium

Reminds me of the diesel hydraulic that couldn't torque ...   ...   ...   ...   because it had lost its Voith.

In that case, it'd be about time a mechanic cam to have a look at things, else the timetabling would be shafted.

• Like 1