The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning lads.....smile.gif

Off to Basingstoke this morning to meet up with Dave and Phil. Picking up PhilC on the way through, so 4 of the gang of 5 will be in attendance.

Made a couple of new frames for Eastwood yesterday, so the line could be extended by a few feet in the next week or two.

Have a great weekend one and all....icon_thumbsup2.gif

Morning all!

Robert - I suspect the boiler is 20+ years old. It looked ancient and decrepit when I moved into the flat 7 years ago. On the plus side, it passed its emissions test yesterday with flying colours once it had been serviced. Apparently safe range is below 0.004% CO in the emissions. Mine came out with 0.0006%, which rather surprised the engineers.

Looking forward to the Calcutta Cup game this afternoon and the F1 qualifying this morning. Have a fun day, everyone and hope Cramdin Yard performs well today, Dave!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Beautiful day here today, almost warm.

I think it's time to come out of semi-hibernation, get the bike out of storage and service it.

Fair weather cyclist? Moi?

Yep.

• RMweb Gold

Speaking of bikes, I need to oil the chain on mine when I've stopped coughing. The tyres felt low too the other day but I don't know if they are or not - I shall have to investigate.

John, don't know what you've done to the weather up your end, but it's fine here - sitting inside with the sun shining on your back is lovely ;)

Dad picked up the April RM today with a very nice pencil sketch on page 259 of a layout plan - think it's given me some ideas for Calshot - shame I can't draw as well as that :blink:

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

I'm just back from a day trip to Leicester. Had a good day even after I criticised someone's map reading ability. Leicester University has now moved to number one in Matthew's desired places to study list. It is the one that made him the highest offer but he thinks he can do it (especially as they will include General Studies A level as one of the grade counting subjects).

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Meeting my friends yesterday was good - today, then, me and my girlfriend plus a friend of hers will go to the movies. Windy outside and there's a chance of rain, as per the forecast.

See you later, then ;) .

Morning all,

not even a fluffy white thing here, just lots of clear blue! Nearly 6C too!

Just off to work in a few minutes so won't be able to enjoy the sunshine. Never mind!

Have a good day everyone, and successful exhibitions where appropriate!

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

Very blue sky here with a few high altitude wispy clouds. I've got to go shopping for a new pair of shoes so I will probably take advantage of the free parking in Basildon today. I'll try to be back in time to see the start of the F1 season.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Not an okta to be seen! Nice and warm and apparently yesterday it even went into double figures here! :blink:

Still feel under the weather [pun intended!] but I think the worst of it has gone - just in time for going back to college :rolleyes: Didn't get much done yesterday at all - today looks to be similar.

Might re-read all my favourite articles from the huge boxful of RM magazines I've got to reignite some inspiration and get those cogs turning in my head.

;Fraid I'm not into F1, Football, Cricket or any other sport so I'll have to find something else to do...

Nearly had a fit this morning.

Went to check my current account and no such account exists!

Bank's Computer had lost all records 'due to system changeover'.

Try sorting that out on a Sunday morning by 'phone.

Should be OK now but 7-10 days before on line facility is re-instated.

• RMweb Premium

A sad story, for those of you who can read German: Click. A lorry driver who had a rather troubled youth died in his sleep while resting overnight at a lay-by in Austria. However, his father, from whom he had been estranged for about 20 years, refused to accept the expense for a proper funeral.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon

About six oktas here today, and warming up a bit at last but getting a bit breezy.

Had to do a huge task just to release a couple of inches of space in spare bedroom, and also in dining room - latter was worse, as it involved what seemed to be a simple task of moving a bookcase about a foot along the same wall - how a job grows!! Bookcase had to be completely unloaded first, and it not only contained books, but also a lot of china and glass items, and many of these also needed to be cleaned as they have accumulated dust - then we "remembered" that when we repainted the room, we had only painted what the eye could see, and behind the bookcase was left for later - well, Later came today, so the painting actually got finished at last.

Picked up a real bargain yesterday when trawling the charity shops - a pristine copy of the Bradford Barton photo book Modern Rail Album, published in 1974 when modern meant Westerns, Hymeks, Warships, Peaks, 40s, 50s, Deltics etc... In fact, the whole book is now a pure nostalgia piece..... Only a handful of the classes illustrated still grace today's railways. It cost me two quid!!! And no it's not for sale.....LOL Once a book gets into my possession, it very seldom leaves it - I learned my lesson about 25 years ago when I sold off some railway photo albums which are now highly sought after, including all of Colin Gifford's books (fetching over £100 each nowadays, and many irreplacable titles by the late Derek Cross (some signed!).

Regards

Stewart

And no it's not for sale.....LOL Once a book gets into my possession, it very seldom leaves it - I learned my lesson about 25 years ago when I sold off some railway photo albums which are now highly sought after, including all of Colin Gifford's books (fetching over £100 each nowadays, and many irreplacable titles by the late Derek Cross (some signed!).

I'm the same, I have boxes and boxes of books! Not to mention nearly 20 years of RMs...

Caught most of the F1 on the radio, at least Lewis got a podium. I gather Beckham is now injured just in time for the World Cup. At least it might save him from getting sent off for kicking an Argentinian this time...

Caught most of the F1 on the radio, at least Lewis got a podium.

and the "organisers" didn't even have the gumption to fill some bottles with fizzy water so that those on the podia could drown eachother.
I gather Beckham is now injured just in time for the World Cup. At least it might save him from getting sent off for kicking an Argentinian this time...

Gives some footballers a chance to play, then!