The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning (Mountain Time) all.

Just read your news Debs, i too hope you get some positive news soon.

I shall post some photos, it may have to wait until we get home. 

The plan for today is (weather permitting) to drive towards Mt Robson.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Evening All

Caught up = no news from Debs about Porthos, so I'll just add my best wishes that all is well.  We all go through it with our animals, as witnessed by the support on here for any ailing pets, be the equine, feline, canine, or any other sort - so whatever the news, we're here to offer a cyber shoulder for you.

It's now Wednesday, and the promised car return for last Thursday hasn't materialised - each day there's been a promise of "tomorrow" and it's starting to grate a bit.  Yesterday it was "yes it's just about rebuilt, we'll call in the morning with a delivery time".  Today it was "when it was rebuilt, the boss wasn't happy with the clearance on the tailgate, and he's failed it at final inspection - it's got to go back on the jig to be realigned".  So we got a call late this afternoon to say that it's all sorted, but all the transporters are out so it's going to arrive first thing tomorrow. 

Sun has been shining here all day, but still bloomin' parky. 

Anyhow, dinner's ready, and Lily wants her walk, so I'll shoot for now.

However, before I do, I noticed that we've reached over 990 thousand posts here - shall we have a virtual sweep on when the millionth post will materialise - first prize is an hour of reading ERs and the second prize is two hours.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

It's now Wednesday, and the promised car return for last Thursday hasn't materialised - each day there's been a promise of "tomorrow" and it's starting to grate a bit.  Yesterday it was "yes it's just about rebuilt, we'll call in the morning with a delivery time".  Today it was "when it was rebuilt, the boss wasn't happy with the clearance on the tailgate, and he's failed it at final inspection - it's got to go back on the jig to be realigned".  So we got a call late this afternoon to say that it's all sorted, but all the transporters are out so it's going to arrive first thing tomorrow. 

Regards to All

Stewart

It's not Hornby doing it is it Stewart?

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

It's not Hornby doing it is it Stewart?

Might as well be - though I'm told that their quality control is very strict - as it might be, their main franchises are Porsche, Mercedes, and the like, and I believe that they apply the same standards that these makers apply to repairs to all makes, even my humble Fiesta - so I think it's going to be a good job - should be, they've had the car three weeks tomorrow.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I noticed there is a plinthed steam engine outside Jasper train station (that is what it is called in this town!) . I will take some photos before we leave. This morning we went from AB to BC. Nice drive but everything is still closed for the winter. Helpful signage to assist travellers, informing one that the nearest heated eastbound toilet facilities are 66km away.

This really is a very pleasant part of the world to spend an Easter break in. Locals tell us we would like early September too but that will have to wait until Aditi retires.

Pete mentioned that perhaps a 6 cylinder Jeep Liberty would have suited us better in Canada. I looked under the "hood" as I believe it is called here and it claims to be a V6. I notice that people with 4x4s here don't seem to have them fitted with ultra low profile tyres.

Tony

• Like 3

Evening All

Caught up = no news from Debs about Porthos, so I'll just add my best wishes that all is well.  We all go through it with our animals, as witnessed by the support on here for any ailing pets, be the equine, feline, canine, or any other sort - so whatever the news, we're here to offer a cyber shoulder for you.

Sun has been shining here all day, but still bloomin' parky. 

Anyhow, dinner's ready, and Lily wants her walk, so I'll shoot for now.

However, before I do, I noticed that we've reached over 990 thousand posts here - shall we have a virtual sweep on when the millionth post will materialise - first prize is an hour of reading ERs and the second prize is two hours.

Regards to All

Stewart

Very much hoping that no news is good news as far as Debs's boy is concerned.

There was a programme on 't'wireless a while ago about the business of insurance repairs taking too long so that the hire car fees mount up. Guess what? raised premiums all round.

Is this the millionth post? Where is this figure to be found 'cos I can't see it.

Insomniac Ed

• Like 2

Is this the millionth post? Where is this figure to be found 'cos I can't see it.

Insomniac Ed

991,815 at the moment, Ed. Click 'Forums' and roll right to the bottom of the page. There's a line of stats, including that one.

Morning all,   

I see no news from Debs about her lad.....fingers crossed eh?   

Tony, I've got to agree with the locals,  September there is cracking, mind you some of the local population can be just a touch greedy! The little chap in the photo, eventually emptied that pot of blue berries. Filled his face, ran off & returned 10 minutes later for another load. Repeated till all were safely stashed for the winter! 

Be good to day folks, 

Trev

post-4282-0-81313600-1365051920.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Still sleepy, but I hope a cup of coffee will be able to remedy this. Will need to be headed for the library today, but aside from revising, that will be the only major task.

Have a good one, everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning All,

Dry & 1oC with a cloudy cold day forecast & possible wintry showers. Great!!

Today I have to put my "domestic" hat on with both housework & re-supply of essential (& non-essential) victuals as we seem to have another houseful of guests from tomorrow for a couple of days.

Kettle's boiling,

Bob