Creative Photography (Railway Related)

Ian J.

Last days of London Bridge train shed.. Taken this evening

Sad times. Been under that train shed thousands of times, and the idea that we will lose such history and beauty in the name of modernisation (where St Pancras and King's Cross have been lovingly and carefully restored and upgraded) just depresses me.

Thanks for the feedback. Will keep it in mind for future postings.

But hey, 'tis the Creative Photography thread ;)

Cheers,

William

Ignore the grumps. 25 pages of creative images and only 2 tilt-shift pics is hardly overkill. Makes a nice change of perspective.
  • Like 1

Tractor - not 37 variety.

Not a tractor, but agricultural equipment of some kind (no, not the train - I know it's a bit basic, but even so!)

post-6971-0-20985200-1345905090.jpg

I liked the diamond effect of the field boundaries, as well as the colours. From half way up Mam Tor.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

A trio of piccies here, perhaps relatively 'standard' shots, but not you're 3/4 angle platform ender. I'm posting them individually to allow each to be 'Liked' (or not as the case may be) indiviually...

post-6899-0-00464900-1346106257_thumb.jpg

43148 at Little Somerford on the Swindon - Bristol Parkway line

• Like 7

Like the colours on that one.

Now, night time shots - when I used to try with film, the results were always a bit hit and miss, especially very long exposures. Wasn't there something called reciprocity failure where the shutter speed:aperture exposure relationship breaks down at very long exposures? Does that apply equally with digital?

I suppose it's easier to take a lot at different settings and throw away the no-good ones now, but does anyone have any good tips, especially if they're things that might be different for digital?

Must dig out my fingerless gloves for later in the year...