Sound for Blue Pullman

s182ggu

OK - so my timing is rubbish (!), but I'm part way through re-building a Kitmaster Midland Blue Pullman 6-car set and am toying with fitting it with DCC Sound.

I gather that in announcing their new release of this product, Bachmann have said that they will introduce sound at a later stage. If I decide to go down the 'sound' route now, does anyone have any recommendations as to which sound project may be appropriate?

The Railcar Association's website (www.railcar.co.uk/index.htm) advises that the Pullmans were equipped as follows:

"Power for the main and auxiliary generators was supplied by the NBL/MAN 12-cylinder vee-type supercharged diesel engine of type L12V18/21BS having a 12-hr. rating of 1,000 hp at 1,500rpm. Cylinder dimensions were 180mm bore and 210mm stroke. A considerable number of engines of this type were in use at the time in with both electric and hydraulic transmission."

Can anyone advise me if this prototype sound is included in any of the current UK supplier's catalogues or if it is covered in the Loksound library of continental sounds?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Archived