SWD Loksound XL query

Dan Randall

• RMweb Gold

Hi chaps

I'm a bit new to this sound business and was wondering if anyone with greater knowledge of these things could possibly help?

I’m currently trying to install a SWD Loksound XL decoder into my JLTRT Western, but as the Peter Clark smoke unit requires the use of both Aux 1 (F7) and Aux 2 (F8), this only leaves me with Aux 3 (F13), to play with.

The problem is, I still need to control two separate lighting circuits. I intend to use Aux 3 (F13), to control the white marker light & headcode lights at one end and the red marker light at the other end, but I’m then left with not being able to activate the cab lights (I don’t mind if these are on at the same time, but don’t want them lit whilst the loco is moving).

Although the decoder’s data sheet says there is an Aux 4 (F14), I’m unable to use this, as my Lenz 100 handset can only cope with 13 functions. Can anyone suggest a way of making my cab lights operational please?

Also, the data sheet says that F12's function is CV 3,4 On/Off, but I'm not sure what this means. Can anyone explain please?

Regards

Dan

Cv's 3 & 4 control the rate of acceleration and deceleration. Function 12 as allocated switches this off to allow for shunting/wheel cleaning. If you know someone with access to a Lokprogrammer they could easily swap F12/14. SWD would also do this if you ask! HTH, kev

• RMweb Gold

Kev & Dave - Thanks very much for your replies to my query. I knew there had to be a solution somewhere.

I have actually written to SWD twice in the past three weeks, but have not had a response yet. I know they're off on their holidays at the beginning of August, but hopefully, I'll be able to collar them at Telford in September. cool.gif

Regards

Dan

• RMweb Gold

As Kev said you can reassign the functions and hopefully SWD might be able to tell you which cv's to change to do it. It's mentioned above and if you are serious about adding sound to more locos then the SPROG would be a good investment as it will allow you to finetune virtually any make of decoder and the only thing the lokprogrammer adds is to allow you to download sounds to the chip. As there aren't any UK sounds that would seem overkill for you. Andrew Crossland who makes the SPROG is a member on here and I think he uses the name Crossland.

Archived