009 Micro

A while ago I saw an N gauge micro layout using Tomix tram track, which I liked the look of, and I was inspired to build my own narrow gauge micro. I tracked down a UK seller of the track and built a small ( 12"x18" approx) narrow gauge layout, using the track, plus a small 3D printed loco ( a Bagnall Rye and Camber steam loco) and an Egger Bahn coach. I hand painted a piece of ply for a scenic divider, bought some cheap eBay trees which I toned own a bit and added some detail to, and bought a ply footbridge kit to disguise the track exit. This was only my 2nd layout build so it was a bit of a learning curve, but I enjoyed the process and my young grandson enjoyed watching it develop and enjoyed operating it. I've since sold the layout and I'm now building a slightly larger one, using a circle of Peco setrack on a

circular board 

1.jpg.6646fe164f3c5ae3df00c24283f76c5c.jpg5.jpg.45117f59691ab91653077c666c514861.jpg3.jpg.81dae6b44eaa3cff0ce5e66dd7348b61.jpg8.jpg.2d5a52b5e958528918e6c5218350cee3.jpg

Edited by Lord_Woody
mistake
  • Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4
  • Round of applause 1

I like that one half of the backscene break is a bridge and one half is just the trees. The soft curved backscene end on the right (further softened by the trees) contrasts nicely with the hard square end of the backscene and the square bridge on the left.

The backscene itself is really well painted too, with just the right amount of detail. There's enough in there so that it's not just an abstract representation of countryside, but no so much that it distracts from the layout itself.

In summary - I think it's great!

• Like 3