Big Thanks to Nick Holliday, With Hatfield in N

Camps Junction

So 8 months in to trying to get a layout down on paper i gave in and asked for help, Nick holliday messaged me and offered some help by this time i was on nearly a 100 variations of Bounds Green Tmd that was never going to work in the space i had, Even with changing from a 20x10 to a 22x12 shed nick showed me a photo from late 50s of HATFIELD(Hearts) Which really grabbed my interest,28 attempts and adjustments later we are sorted. The main area of the layout is pretty accurate to HATFIELD STATION,GOODS,SIDINGS ETC OF 1958, Theres a loop north and south which is just made up of various other places, The track length has ended up at 561ft with 82 points so is going to be a big project, Today i ordered the code 55 peco track and friday ill make a start on the base Boards, Once i start the build ill do weekly updates, Once again thanks Nick, Regards Drew

• RMweb Premium
Just now, woodenhead said:

If you are now at layout build, you need to start the thread in Layouts not Layout and Track Design.

.... but those of us who put in hours of work trying to help you solve Bounds Green would love to see a track plan for Hatfield!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chimer said:

.... but those of us who put in hours of work trying to help you solve Bounds Green would love to see a track plan for Hatfield!

And no doubt you will, but as the OP is now about to build it, it should go into a layouts thread.

We direct people asking layout design questions in layouts to Layout & Track Design, so it should be vice versa once a layout design has been completed which this has by all accounts.  Also given as the OP says there have been 101 variations, now he has a design he is happy with he needs to be let lone to get on with it.

Edited by woodenhead

Hi chimmer yes you did also help me loads, I just couldnt get Bounds Green TMD to work with a 5ft base board width, Anyway i was just saying thanks to Nick whos helped me most evenings for the last 7 weeks, But im also thank full to all those that tried to help with the TMD, I will shortly start a post in Layouts once building work starts, Thanks All DREW

• Like 1