Location identification please

60B

I came across this slide in the attic at work. It shows a CL20 on what could be a short freight. My first guess is the Mallaig extension though I am not sure. Any help appreciated:

post-5472-127964962246_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

So I've flipped the photo to see if anyone can help out with identifying the location:

post-5472-127974287121_thumb.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Sorry, can't help with location, second photo is the correct one - because the MU connector is on the extreme right of the buffer beam when viewed end-on.

Cheers,

Mick

Thanks, Mick. It looks like a building to the right though I can't make it out.

A croft, granite outcrop or GM sheep wink.gif

I'm thinking a 65 or 66A example on the West Highland, unless there are any other unfenced single-line candidates in the Sou'west. Doesn't look the terrain for Kittybrewster specimens really.

unless there are any other unfenced single-line candidates in the Sou'west

I don't think it's south of the Boundary Fault, that backdrop doesn't fit (in my view anyway) with what could otherwise be an upland colliery branch shot of loco+brake heading to pick up a load.

The shadow cutting across the image makes it that wee bit more tricky. There is a fence in the bottom right gloom though.

'Chard, my thought was that spot on the WH that 'Maude' set on fire though I can't think of any buildings/ GM sheep nearby. My boss who took the photo reckons its somewhere near a road.

Archived