Accurascale Class 37 Run 3 Part 1!

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Painted, or numbers stuck on, as occasionally they wore off, especially on class 90’s.

In other cases the number lasted longer than the rest of the paint..

EWS Class 37 37521

flickr url/ not mine.

Heres one before it got numbers..

19970910.a.Langley.37703.TestRun-Westhouses.LR_filtered - Copy

flicker url / not mine.

Yes on the prototype. But I think @CazRail means how will the model do them. If they’re as the prototype and numbers printed over the band then renumbering should be possible. If the band is printed with number shaped gaps then renumbering is impossible without repainting the yellow/gold band. I would presume they’re done on the model as on the prototype as that seems more straight forward to my (limited) understanding of manufacturing, but it’s something that needs confirming if people want to renumber their EWS machines. I’m kind of tempered to back date one a bit and give it EW&S branding, I like the ampersand for some reason. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, CazRail said:

In regards to re-numbering the EWS version, are the numbers printed onto the gold band, or are they the red paint showing through, numbers printed as gaps in the gold band(if you get what I mean)?

On their class 66 model it looks like its the red showing through. Bachmann seem to do the same on their models too. 

So I’ve been weathering Accurascales EWS class 66 today, as I was gently rubbing away to create different effects I wanted the letters and numbers partly worn so I can confirm the numbers are printed onto the gold band, I would assume this method would be applied to their class 37 too. 

IMG_0329.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

16 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

Yes on the prototype. But I think @CazRail means how will the model do them. If they’re as the prototype and numbers printed over the band then renumbering should be possible. If the band is printed with number shaped gaps then renumbering is impossible without repainting the yellow/gold band. I would presume they’re done on the model as on the prototype as that seems more straight forward to my (limited) understanding of manufacturing, but it’s something that needs confirming if people want to renumber their EWS machines. I’m kind of tempered to back date one a bit and give it EW&S branding, I like the ampersand for some reason. 

2 hours ago, Scott said:

On their class 66 model it looks like its the red showing through. Bachmann seem to do the same on their models too. 

15 minutes ago, Shoey said:

So I’ve been weathering Accurascales EWS class 66 today, as I was gently rubbing away to create different effects I wanted the letters and numbers partly worn so I can confirm the numbers are printed onto the gold band, I would assume this method would be applied to their class 37 too. 

IMG_0329.jpeg

Thank you all! Hopefully the numbers are printed as per 66171, so potentialy could do a little re-numbering! 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Just watched the decorated sample update re the limited edition from key Publishing

At 4 minutes in, Mike gives the impression that the working fan enhancement applies to 'sound fitted'.

My understanding is that it is included with DCC ready models (run 3) as well. However the generation 2 decoders will be needed to get the full functionality including the fans.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, derekdoestrains said:

that was confirmed a while back - as well as the concern about warranty issues with the first edition of sound decoders…

Thanks @derekdoestrains I recall, as I asked the question up thread. I just wanted to point out that Mike inadvertently gave the wrong impression.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Unless ESU are planning on releasing a new Loksound 21pin with a completely different spec from the current ones the "Generation 2" decoders are just a different setup on the decoder and theres nothing stopping an original decoder being set to the new settings (I'm guessing its going to be mainly around which function does what) and vice versa.

Possible they'll include some changes to the actual sound file meaning its not just as simple as CV changes though.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

I like Mike Wild’s vidoes and the manner in which he presents, but the odd error is not unusual. 

Roy

Used to love the videos with his sparring partner Richard Watson now at Accurascale. 

Always grinning mischievously while Mike was talking waiting for him to slip up which he invariably did. 

The videos were often informative and always great entertainment ! 

Miss them .

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On 19/10/2024 at 23:53, The Meerkat said:

also the video also said they will arrive Q2 2025, but the status page says Q4 2025

Bear in mind they can often be filmed a few weeks / months in advance. 

A curiosity is that 37702 is still on run 1/2 pricing. Wouldn't surprise me if Accurascale honour this as when spec'd by KMW they won't necessarily have properly ironed out Run 3 RRP and obviously KMW have already taken many pre-orders on the old pricing.

I'd be interested to know what is dictating some models receiving painted grease on buffers and others not? Personally not bothered either way but odd that some are and some aren't in my mind.

• Accurascale staff
12 minutes ago, E100 said:

Bear in mind they can often be filmed a few weeks / months in advance. 

A curiosity is that 37702 is still on run 1/2 pricing. Wouldn't surprise me if Accurascale honour this as when spec'd by KMW they won't necessarily have properly ironed out Run 3 RRP and obviously KMW have already taken many pre-orders on the old pricing.

I'd be interested to know what is dictating some models receiving painted grease on buffers and others not? Personally not bothered either way but odd that some are and some aren't in my mind.

Hi @E100,

Correct on the above; his and 37403 for the SRPS were quoted on original figures but we decided to honour it for both parties so there would be no disappointment to their customers or any messing around for them. If you have your name down for either you are truly getting an absolute bargain for the outlay!

We decided to try the grease pattern on the buffers of some locos to see what modellers reaction to it might be. We're keen to hear everyones thoughts on it!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Correct on the above; his and 37403 for the SRPS were quoted on original figures but we decided to honour it for both parties so there would be no disappointment to their customers or any messing around for them.

Whilst neither model is for me, it is business practices like that which make me keep coming back - ethics in business seems to be sadly lacking these days. 

Roy

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @E100,

Correct on the above; his and 37403 for the SRPS were quoted on original figures but we decided to honour it for both parties so there would be no disappointment to their customers or any messing around for them. If you have your name down for either you are truly getting an absolute bargain for the outlay!

We decided to try the grease pattern on the buffers of some locos to see what modellers reaction to it might be. We're keen to hear everyones thoughts on it!

Cheers!

Fran

Love the greased buffer effect 👍

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I think for me the greased buffers are best done with the end of an earbud with some paint to give it some texture. Relatively straight forward as a weathering technique (unlike the other printed weathering effects that Accurascale have done e.g. ZDV / Mk1 Sub in yellow with the faded roof which are very welcome). Those just need a little wash or airbrush of grime and good to go.

For me I can take or leave them being painted on. I'll happily do it myself. In the same manner if someone doesn't want them then it's straightforward to paint over them. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Is part 2 of this batch still going to be announced later this month.  When I spoke to Patrick at GETS, he seemed very keen to say there was a part 2 very soon, which I immediately pricked my ears up but my wallet groaned ☹️🤣

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Lol! Don't go there. We already have one manufacturer telling anyone who listens that we're a tax dodge! Latest in a long line of yarns they've been spinning. 

I know for obvious reason's you'd probably never say who said this but part of me would love to know cause I'm not sure I want to give a company like that my business....

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1