Accurascale Class 37 Run 3 Part 1!

4 hours ago, James Makin said:

Those display models really do look the business! 😎

The separate screen area was the last remaining ‘vulnerable’ area, with that remedied, and already offering a better roof grille, intricate etched steps, flush glazing and finer bogie chains than the hi-fi competitor model, there really is no need to look elsewhere for the ‘King Tractor’..! 

Looking forward to coming up to GETS tomorrow! 

Don't forget when it comes to sound Accurascale are the boss 😎

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, The Meerkat said:

Careful Mariah Carey is de-frosting as we speck 

Yup, that time of year will soon be upon us!! My rule is it not Christmas until I’ve heard “fairy tale of New York” on the wireless😜

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, billywhizz said:

Yup, that time of year will soon be upon us!! My rule is it not Christmas until I’ve heard “fairy tale of New York” on the wireless😜

I’ve made it through Whamageddon the last few years. Had a near miss with the intro to a cover version last year but it needs to be the original for you to lose! Having a main diet of various forms of obscure electronica helps.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Reminds me of 37684 Peak National Park, and 37688 Great Rocks…

IMG_0250.jpeg

IMG_0249.jpeg

IMG_0251.jpeg

See what part 2 of the release reveals, hopefully containing some /5s (and /7s), but if not then you should be able to convert the sector ones by removing the ETH jumpers (after checking the other end details) and renumbering. I converted a Bachy 430 to 37674 in a similar manner, though this ended up in Red Stripe, another common Buxton livery to go with the ICI hoppers. The yellow was patch painted using P134 Signal Yellow from Phoenix Precision and the same shade has also been used on one of my A/S 37s too so hopefully no need to respray the whole end.

Here it is with Accurascale’s 043 sandwiching a GWR150 Duff. I repainted the area where the ETH jumper mounting was carved off.

image.png.8e785e3ed02515f66283b99a3688c1cc.png

Edited by 97406
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

7 hours ago, Craig1989 said:

Was told yesterday that the exclusive is 37418 in the loram livery and hopefully to be announced this week 

cheers Craig 

It is on the front of the Accurascale catalogue so is definitely coming!

• RMweb Premium

I just want a Scottish 37/4  with yellow headcode panel ………it’s not much to ask ……..probably one of the main variants but was only available through SRPS as a limited edition . 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Legend said:

I just want a Scottish 37/4  with yellow headcode panel ………it’s not much to ask ……..probably one of the main variants but was only available through SRPS as a limited edition . 

No the steps ltd edition is 403 but with later reinforced cab windows, so not your classic Scottish 37/4.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, classy52 said:

Obviously I'll get the Loram 37418 because it is current but to be honest would have preferred one of the blue or green ROG 37's as an Exclusive...perhaps in Run 4 or another surprise in Run 3?

I wouldn't despair just yet. This is part 1 of run 3 that's been announced, and it is all 37/4s. The ROG locos are 37/6s or 37/7s, so may be to come in part 2 of run 3. I think a couple of pages back Accurascale said they would announce part 2 before Christmas. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

I wouldn't despair just yet. This is part 1 of run 3 that's been announced, and it is all 37/4s. The ROG locos are 37/6s or 37/7s, so may be to come in part 2 of run 3. I think a couple of pages back Accurascale said they would announce part 2 before Christmas. 

An announcement of more 37/7s is hopefully coming soon. I think 37714 is the only one Accurascale have released so far. My bank manager would certainly be unhappy if they announced any of the 1980s/1990s Stratford 37/7s in Petroleum livery...

• Like 1

Having recently announced a new run of the ICI limestone hoppers, surely this makes a further announcement of 37/5s in Part 2 of run 3 a good bet.

I for one are hopeful of 37/5s outbased at Buxton in Railfreight or Construction livery, Or maybe even both?

• Like 2

On 15/10/2024 at 13:37, nightstar.train said:

Cue someone to say "But when? I need the informations now!"

NL

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, NickL2008 said:

Cue someone to say "But when? I need the informations now!"

NL

Just imagine that person being kept in suspenders until near Christmas!

• Agree 1

In regards to re-numbering the EWS version, are the numbers printed onto the gold band, or are they the red paint showing through, numbers printed as gaps in the gold band(if you get what I mean)?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, CazRail said:

In regards to re-numbering the EWS version, are the numbers printed onto the gold band, or are they the red paint showing through, numbers printed as gaps in the gold band(if you get what I mean)?

Painted, or numbers stuck on, as occasionally they wore off, especially on class 90’s.

In other cases the number lasted longer than the rest of the paint..

EWS Class 37 37521

flickr url/ not mine.

Heres one before it got numbers..

19970910.a.Langley.37703.TestRun-Westhouses.LR_filtered - Copy

flicker url / not mine.

• Like 3