Accurascale Class 37 Run 3 Part 1!

• Accurascale staff
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Fredo said:

Hi Fran, yesterday I heard that the latest batch of Class 37’s will have operating fans in the roof. Will this become standard and happen in the next runs of 31’s, 50’s and 55’s?

see you on Saturday.

Fred

Hi Fred

all fan equipped models in this run of class 37 all class 31 and all class 50 as well as any future locomotive featuring fans where practical will include this feature on all versions as standard. 

we have added a helpful fan icon on the product listings for all locomotives on our website showing the versions that include this feature

Edited by McC
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I imagine working fans would be difficult on the Deltic. However the 60 is easy 😀

Good to see the upgrades with each iteration.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, McC said:

Hi Fred

all fan equipped models in this run of class 37 all class 31 and all class 50 as well as any future locomotive featuring fans where practical will include this feature on all versions as standard. 

we have added a helpful fan icon on the product listings for all locomotives on our website showing the versions that include this feature

A worthwhile addition to the models as well chaps. Fidelity as long as it can be made to work is absolutely fantastic. We are spoilt rotten these days and thanks to Accurascale and others, im sure that will continue to be the case. 

i darent look at the mass fleet of locos and rolling stock i have. I have a full time service schedule for my fleet let alone anything else........tge 31's have just added to it 🤣🤣👍

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, Melton Works said:

Well nothing floats my boat here, just gonna hold out for either 405/419/425 in compass livery, Rog innovation blue or green, or 37716 DRS.

Definitely DRS 37's, 419 and 425 in compass livery, and 716 in the Turquoise faded scheme.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

37420 for me, only one that fits my era.

Roll on the rest of the announcements, although I am expecting it to be 37/5s and 37/7s.  Could be tempted by a couple of the early conversions. 

Roy

• Like 1

On 08/10/2024 at 14:38, Accurascale Fran said:

Correct, there will be a change of file to support the changed PCB. A 'Generation 1' decoder will not fully support the functioning on these new Class 37s. We will offer the gen 2 sound decoder in due course as a separate item and mark it accordingly to avoid confusion.

Hi Fran.

Does this mean that Gen 1 decoders and sound decoders will eventually be 'dropped' as an Accurascale Accessory in the near - ish future ? 

Meld. 

• Accurascale staff
12 minutes ago, meld said:

Hi Fran.

Does this mean that Gen 1 decoders and sound decoders will eventually be 'dropped' as an Accurascale Accessory in the near - ish future ? 

Meld. 

Stocks would be wound down over the foreseeable yes. It’s probable we will then open source the lokprogrammer files so customers can make their own from

blank chips. 

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, McC said:

Stocks would be wound down over the foreseeable yes. It’s probable we will then open source the lokprogrammer files so customers can make their own from

blank chips. 

That would be a fantastic development, which would also allow for users to update their decoders as the sound projects are updated and modified.  There are a number of US based manufacturers that already do this.

Steve

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, McC said:

blank chips. 

silly question but run 2 is i guest gen 1, if anything happens to the decoder,  can support still fix/replace when and if needed if stocks are going to be wound down? or will gen 2 work with runs 1 and 2 class 37s?

Edited by The Meerkat

• RMweb Gold

I’m a bit slow at the back here did I read this right….

youve retooled the body…

So, for the first time, a working fan will be included in all models and the body shells will feature all new tooling, with separately applied bonnet top doors, enhanced grilles and more introduced onto the models

wow… 

Theres a £20 upgrade right there.

one ask, on DC it was adhoc if the internal engine room lights came on, is it possible to either control them or make them predictable (ie on or off) on DC ?

Edited by adb968008

• Accurascale staff
38 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I’m a bit slow at the back here did I read this right….

youve retooled the body…

wow… 

Theres a £20 upgrade right there.

one ask, on DC it was adhoc if the internal engine room lights came on, is it possible to either control them or make them predictable (ie on or off) on DC ?

Hi John,

We had to tool the body for the 37/4 so in that sense it’s all new tooling. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

11 hours ago, The Meerkat said:

silly question but run 2 is i guest gen 1, if anything happens to the decoder,  can support still fix/replace when and if needed if stocks are going to be wound down? or will gen 2 work with runs 1 and 2 class 37s?

they’ll be able to blow the run 1 file onto a decoder in the workshop… Simon has the files on his computer 👍

• Like 2

13 hours ago, McC said:

blank chips. 

Thanks for that reply McC, decision time then I guess :)

Meld

• RMweb Premium

Silly question: what's so different between modern and original 37/4s that required a whole new body tool?

• Like 1

• Accurascale staff
41 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

Silly question: what's so different between modern and original 37/4s that required a whole new body tool?

Hi Ian

Biggest difference is DRS filled in a body side window on the modernised variants. There are other various wee differences that Gareth would know and has likely told me too, but that is one that sticks in my mind! 

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Ian

Biggest difference is DRS filled in a body side window on the modernised variants. There are other various wee differences that Gareth would know and has likely told me too, but that is one that sticks in my mind! 

Cheers!

Fran

There was also the slightly larger modern tail light fittings and the recessed jumper socket that the first run (and BMACs for some of the DRS ones plus top light above the cab), if it weren’t for those I’d’ve filled my boots on the first run for some repaint projects, but glad I held out til this batch! 

The Accurascale model is easy to work on with that removable roof, it makes it easy to swap around the details between donor models to get the right one with minimal fuss, as long as you’ve got the correct ends for your chosen loco then the modelling possibilities are almost endless! I’ve also now been juggling the cast and fabricated bogies around my current workbench batches, a bit of pic n’ mix for some late 90s classics!

My personal wishlist is some more candidates for grotty 37/0s and the meaty-but-unloved centre-headcode 37/8s in the years to come! 

Cheers,

James

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, Chris56057 said:

Out of interest, have the windscreens been revised in any way? 

I didn't get chance to speak to the guys as they were rather busy but I got a few  close ups. Looks like the separate screen mouldings have been ditched, the fit did vary a lot after all. Looks like a single moulding for the main body, and a separate one for the roof.

20241012_104423.jpg.2a48c2ca0c23e28fcf7e4c09aabb1a3f.jpg

20241012_104402.jpg.e8f83b20df264114f02fc00514092a4c.jpg

Edited by 97406
  • Like 7
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Those display models really do look the business! 😎

The separate screen area was the last remaining ‘vulnerable’ area, with that remedied, and already offering a better roof grille, intricate etched steps, flush glazing and finer bogie chains than the hi-fi competitor model, there really is no need to look elsewhere for the ‘King Tractor’..! 

Looking forward to coming up to GETS tomorrow! 

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1