Accurascale Class 37 Run 3 Part 1!

20 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Yes, I was looking at 37702 for the MGR collection. Perhaps included in Part 2?

With one 37, presumably this could haul the empties. Might have to get 2 of them, if loaded?

Plenty of instances of a single 37 working loaded and empty MGRs. Or three if your modeling a South Wales valley, they needed three to stop em. HAAs were notorious for poor road handling and brakes. There's stories out there of drivers having the brakes on hard and still picking up speed down gradients such as Miles Platting and Shap/Beattock. 

Edited by RP82
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, hmrspaul said:

37421 does allow for some interesting trains to model https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brclass37/e48686f89

Just looking at some of my pics and I was quite well travelled with 421, these were before it got the diamond logos though 

Freshly painted, shunting in washwood heath prior to being accepted back onto the network 

Colas livery 37421 Washwood Heath

Glenfinnan 

1Q20 on Glenfinnan Viaduct

37421 and 37219 in Glenfinnan station

Piccadilly

37421 Manchester Piccadilly

Norwich crown point 

37421 Norwich Crown Point Depot

Knighton on the heart of wales with auto hoppers 

37421 at Knighton on 6C40

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I'm slightly confused (some say permanently)... Quite a while ago I ordered 37702 from key publishing, but the information at the start of the thread says that the key publishing model is 37710, while showing artwork for 37702. Did I miss something? Are they doing both or did they change their mind?

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, 37081LochLong said:

I'm slightly confused (some say permanently)... Quite a while ago I ordered 37702 from key publishing, but the information at the start of the thread says that the key publishing model is 37710, while showing artwork for 37702. Did I miss something? Are they doing both or did they change their mind?

37702 showing sold out on key publishing web site. I might have missed the boat train again!

25 minutes ago, Ray M said:

Any chance of having a pre/tops blue, split box

with headcode panels, Please.

Maybe 1 year.

I would also be in support of this.

Not a moan, just a suggestion / request for run 4. 🙂

having said that, the EWS will probably tempt me this time around 

• Like 3

• Accurascale staff
37 minutes ago, 37081LochLong said:

Hi John,

Typo on my part, 37702 is the the key limited edition.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, 37081LochLong said:

Only the sound version is showing as sold out if that is any good?

Cheers @37081LochLong for heads up on that.

@Accurascale Fran can I assume that a separately purchased sound decoder will be a new version to include the upgraded electronics. The working fan for example?

See answer below.

DCC ready version 37702 ordered 🙂

Edited by zr2498
Response added
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi John,

Typo on my part, 37702 is the the key limited edition.

Cheers!

Fran 

Many thanks Fran, I thought I'd missed something :)

Edited by 37081LochLong
Auto correct

• Accurascale staff
6 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

Cheers @37081LochLong for heads up on that.

@Accurascale Fran can I assume that a separately purchased sound decoder will be a new version to include the upgraded electronics. The working fan for example?

Hi @zr2498,

Correct, there will be a change of file to support the changed PCB. A 'Generation 1' decoder will not fully support the functioning on these new Class 37s. We will offer the gen 2 sound decoder in due course as a separate item and mark it accordingly to avoid confusion.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

They look great and I'll deffo be up for one or more. Will take a proper look when I'm back home from the seaside today!

Looks like the fit of the screen moulding has been sorted on those examples which was my only beef with earlier examples (and fixed by me where necessary). Looking forward to the part 2 reveal as I feel there maybe my holy grail in there!

• Accurascale staff
Just now, 97406 said:

They look great and I'll deffo be up for one or more. Will take a proper look when I'm back home from the seaside today!

Looks like the fit of the screen moulding has been sorted on those examples which was my only beef with earlier examples (and fixed by me where necessary). Looking forward to the part 2 reveal as I feel there maybe my holy grail in there!

Hi Tim,

What's your holy grail?

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

What's your holy grail?

Since you're asking 😜

37417 "Highland Region"

and

Class 37/4 37407 'Loch Long' - Stockport

Alongside one of 37260-262 as at Inverness.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Tim,

What's your holy grail?

Cheers!

Fran

Former split box 37/5 or 37/7 in original Railfreight. Just as I remember from visiting Crewe Works in 86

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, E100 said:

Since you're asking 😜

37417 "Highland Region"

and

Class 37/4 37407 'Loch Long' - Stockport

Alongside one of 37260-262 as at Inverness.

Got to be one of the most popular liveries yet not available except on SRPS special edition which is sold out 

i so wish loch rannoch was in BR large logo, i would've pre ordered that one meh.  Any how i be pre ordering the colas 37 :)

some one said the 5th 37 down in the row is the loram rail 37 i be getting that one to if it they are correct.

roll on the other announcement,  hope be new rog 37s and the network rails,  we can wish tho  :)

can i ask if the working fans are just decor or do they cool down the inside of the loco if there is such a thing?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Legend said:

Got to be one of the most popular liveries yet not available except on SRPS special edition which is sold out 

Hi @Legend, only the DCC ready versions are sold out - a very small number fitted with DCC sound are still available on the site. 

My wallet is trying to convince me that I don’t need any more Class 37s but 37420 is very tempting. 
Should 37262 appear in Large Logo blue…

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, amwells said:

Hi @Legend, only the DCC ready versions are sold out - a very small number fitted with DCC sound are still available on the site. 

Yup  I’m old fashioned analogue

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Legend said:

Yup  I’m old fashioned analogue

Just remember that sound will function on analogue (prime mover etc). So this won't be a waste if you order it. And its actually quite fun

Alternatively you can sell the sound decoder on after you get it.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Finally 🙂

There's at least two blues there I'd like. One Welsh, and at least one of the Scottish. Hopefully I'll have enough funds towards end of next year to get both.

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Just remember that sound will function on analogue (prime mover etc). So this won't be a waste if you order it. And its actually quite fun

Alternatively you can sell the sound decoder on after you get it.

Cheers G- BOAF . I’m always wary of running Sound locos on analogue after a friend told me speed was severely impacted to the extent the loco crawled round his layout . Do you know if the model comes with a blanking plug , as it would then not be a disaster if it failed to work ? I also think constant sound could be irritating after a while . 

I think I might just wait , though . It is interesting that even with Bachmann the full yellow headcode box 37/4s produced seem to be Welsh ones !  

• Informative/Useful 1